Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I swear to god if EVGA doesn't get some 980ti hybrids in stock soon I am going to murder someone. Holding up 2 PC builds. Just let me pre-order! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

People are reporting 2-3 weeks until we get more widespread availability.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/38g48w/amazon_estimated_to_have_gtx_980ti_in_23_weeks/

At the very least, I suppose it means I'll get to see AMD's reveal before ordering a card. Given the chance though, I would buy a 980ti right now.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Filthy Monkey posted:

People are reporting 2-3 weeks until we get more widespread availability.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/38g48w/amazon_estimated_to_have_gtx_980ti_in_23_weeks/

At the very least, I suppose it means I'll get to see AMD's reveal before ordering a card. Given the chance though, I would buy a 980ti right now.

some dumbass on reddit, "Great, just sold my gpu, now no computer for a month..."

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Fauxtool posted:

some dumbass on reddit, "Great, just sold my gpu, now no computer for a month..."

Unlikely he'll follow through, but good for him in the eventuality he does so.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 4, 2015

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

SwissCM posted:

AMD is in a snuff film and Intel is the killer, with NVIDIA helping dig the grave.

If Zen is good then it's a two hour horror film where it's revealed Nvidia was the real killer all along.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

It's here it's here it's here!

Not sure I like that it was sitting in front of my door for the last 12 hours for anyone to pick up, but whatever.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's here it's here it's here!

Not sure I like that it was sitting in front of my door for the last 12 hours for anyone to pick up, but whatever.

I have to wait another day, but it's going into a new mITX build tomorrow so that should be fun.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
More poo poo from Computex:

I am *really* digging what Deepcool is doing here. Both of these cases have specific GPU-only compartments, with risers or ribbon cables to bridge the gap to the ITX motherboard.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Fauxtool posted:

Amazon is usually quicker to the party. I had my 970 sold too! Glad it's just Craigslist and that I told the guy buying I wouldn't be able to do it unless I had a replacement card by the weekend!

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

More poo poo from Computex:

I am *really* digging what Deepcool is doing here. Both of these cases have specific GPU-only compartments, with risers or ribbon cables to bridge the gap to the ITX motherboard.

Any claims on what this does for temps?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

So if you want to see just how much power you can feed a 980 Ti, Galax is making one with what seems to be 8 pairs of VRMs doubled up, triple 8 pin connectors and a water block. No idea on the out of box OC but I wouldn't be surprised if it matched that Zotac in the 1300-1400 range.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 4, 2015

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Wow, that's a design statement. Not sure if I love it or hate it.

Edit: I didn't even see the clear element at first.

Some more shots: http://www.techpowerup.com/213177/deepcool-nephrite-itx-case-lets-you-flaunt-your-graphics-card-to-the-max.html

Rastor fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 4, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

If you're going to have a hideously gaudy aftermarket cooler, might as well show your shame wide and far.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Fauxtool posted:

No iGPU either lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
it'll be good for him

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Don Lapre posted:

No iGPU either lol

Goddamn. How do you not have an old card for backup or something.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Why you keep your old cards around for that purpose. Go ahead, unearth that 5770 you boxed away four years ago, blow the dust off it and see how it goes!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I bought a GT620 for $20 for that reason (qnix at the time couldnt deal with igpu outputs). I too have gone a month with a game and somehow survived. Months even!

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

xthetenth posted:

So if you want to see just how much power you can feed a 980 Ti, Galax is making one with what seems to be 8 pairs of VRMs doubled up, triple 8 pin connectors and a water block. No idea on the out of box OC but I wouldn't be surprised if it matched that Zotac in the 1300-1400 range.

What the ever loving gently caress?! That had better come with a 360mm radiator.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Some of the EVGA variants of the 980ti just showed up on Amazon...at 800+ dollars. Backplate & ACX2.0 model is over 900. DAMMIT.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The Deadly Hume posted:

Why you keep your old cards around for that purpose. Go ahead, unearth that 5770 you boxed away four years ago, blow the dust off it and see how it goes!

I...I have a great shame that I still beat myself up over, and that is losing a trusty XFX 5770 after the fan broke off. Not wanting to even bother testing it because I was an idiot (I had since replaced), I just let it go.

For 50$, could have gotten an aftermarket and still had a drat good card.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

suddenlyissoon posted:

Some of the EVGA variants of the 980ti just showed up on Amazon...at 800+ dollars. Backplate & ACX2.0 model is over 900. DAMMIT.

Sells $1000 titan x, buys $900 980ti lol

Looks like amazon is just price gouging.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

I wonder if my 8800GT or 4790K integrated would perform better.

Seamonster posted:

What the ever loving gently caress?! That had better come with a 360mm radiator.

It's got a block with hookups for custom loops, so whatever you get for your case. Be like the dude on another forum I saw building his loop with iirc a tractor radiator. My case has room for a 420mm rad, and serious water cooling cases can do even sillier things.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Those are third party marketplace sellers, so they can upload stuff at whatever price they want. Don't expect stock to be on Amazon at fair prices until the regular places you would buy a video card at all have stock anyway.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Those are third party marketplace sellers, so they can upload stuff at whatever price they want. Don't expect stock to be on Amazon at fair prices until the regular places you would buy a video card at all have stock anyway.

Actually they're not

quote:

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
This is like the 970 gold rush, just twice as expensive fun :allears:

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

suddenlyissoon posted:

Actually they're not
Amazon has algorithms that change prices based on demand or whatever evil scheme Jeff Bezos is currently hatching. You have a choice of either getting gouged or having some patience until stock is available elsewhere.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don't think that's the case for high profile items like these. More likely they're getting them at those prices from the AIB vendor.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Deadly Hume posted:

I did use a Geforce 730 LE for a bit between my 8800GT making GBS threads itself and me buying a 650 Ti. Not much use for gaming but way better than "no computer for a month"

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

xthetenth posted:

I wonder if my 8800GT or 4790K integrated would perform better.

It's got a block with hookups for custom loops, so whatever you get for your case. Be like the dude on another forum I saw building his loop with iirc a tractor radiator. My case has room for a 420mm rad, and serious water cooling cases can do even sillier things.

I have 3 360mm and a 120mm rad in my case :)

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

So this just arrived, wonder how much it would go for on ebay...

This is just the kit, not the card

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

For those interested, the EVGA stepup program offers the 980ti ACX at $649. I initiated a stepup from my 980 ($565 invoice) a few days ago. No telling when they'll start shipping stepup cards, though. I wouldnt be surprised if it took longer than a few newegg / microcenter / amazon restocks.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

So are there any articles with performance comparisons between the hybrid cooler, vs. liquid only, vs. custom air?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Diddie posted:

I have to wait another day, but it's going into a new mITX build tomorrow so that should be fun.
Way ahead of you

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

FaustianQ posted:

Any claims on what this does for temps?

No official word, Tek Syndicate's Logan says that some of the products being shown by Deepcool at Computex are prototypes where they're soliciting feedback, but given:

a) Bottom-mounting power supplies came about in order to create an entirely separate air path for the PSU.
2) Fractal Design's Node 804 and the Corsair Air split components between "hot" and "cold" zones for better cooling performance.
iii) ITX case manufacturers have been putting GPU fans right up against side panels with a bunch of holes in it for the purpose of directly drawing air from the outside.

Segregating the GPU off to its own chamber seems like a logical extension for an ITX-form factor case.

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005

Don Lapre posted:

So this just arrived, wonder how much it would go for on ebay...

This is just the kit, not the card

The 980 kits priced at $250 on Ebay currently, although anyone's guess if people are actually buying them at that price-since yours says Titan on it, you might even do better!

In other news, the resale value of (reference) r9 290's has definitely fallen below $200 bucks, at least on eBay.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Reference 290(X) is a considerably less good card than aftermarket cooled ones. They're loud, run hot enough that they throttle, which makes them slower, and they're liable to have spent the time since release mining bitcoins.

Also, huh, turns out that powercolor "390X" was actually just the cooler they were showing off put on a literal 290X to show it off. Makes sense considering the NDA seems to be going strong still.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 4, 2015

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
What I really want is something like that but also with Mini-DTX being a thing, preferably in X99 for a loving amazing mini virtualization/CAD/gaming do-everything box.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

xthetenth posted:

Reference 290(X) is a considerably less good card than aftermarket cooled ones. They're loud, run hot enough that they throttle, which makes them slower, and they're liable to have spent the time since release mining bitcoins.

Also, huh, turns out that powercolor "390X" was actually just the cooler they were showing off put on a literal 290X to show it off. Makes sense considering the NDA seems to be going strong still.

Hope springs loving eternal, but :wtc: AMD you can't help but constantly stub toes and bump shins getting the RX 300 series out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

FaustianQ posted:

Hope springs loving eternal, but :wtc: AMD you can't help but constantly stub toes and bump shins getting the RX 300 series out.

You don't understand. The architecture was so much forward looking and efficient it is still able to bring nvidias newest chip to heel!