Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Our journey through 30 years of rabbit chasing - Let's Play Super Mario 64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
I always liked picking the penguin back up after dropping it off with its mom. She gets pissed and starts following you.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The haunted house level is a bit of a jarring shift in tone from the rest of the game. I think it's left over from this game's original version as Doki Doki Panic.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Don't like breakfast food? What kind of Communist are you?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm guessing it was Atrus that painted the pictures in the castle, during his art school phase. Or maybe Sirrus or Achenar, since the worlds aren't really complete.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Nighthand posted:

I'm guessing it was Atrus that painted the pictures in the castle, during his art school phase. Or maybe Sirrus or Achenar, since the worlds aren't really complete.

Incomplete worlds are totally Gehn. S & A never learned how to make them.

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
I've been rewatching/listening to the Sonic LP while at work and during the start of Sonic Heroes Keith makes a joke about Big being the flying character for team Rose.
It turns out he wasn't wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOaPZNx54qg&t=7s

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Part 4/? (LP pt.98) [Youtube]

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Your reaction about "I've never seen this many 450lbs+ people at once" is similar to my reaction to when I lived in Texas. You know maybe... one person with a lazy eye in your life. In Texas you just kind of see it a lot more often. Like a unique person each day and you just start to think to yourself... "Why am I seeing so many people like this all of the sudden?"

I enjoy Old Country Buffet, but you're totally right. It's either huge people, or its huge families with 10 year old kids running around w/o supervision. Or both.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Sum Mors posted:

I enjoy Old Country Buffet, but you're totally right. It's either huge people, or its huge families with 10 year old kids running around w/o supervision. Or both.
No, it's always both.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The world ain't finished until you got 100 coins, lads. Get back in there and start lava-skating.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
Ugh, let's not. I picked up the game again when it came out on the WiiU virtual console. And while it still holds up incredibly well, this was still a first foray into open arena platforming. Most of the 8 red coin stars are dull enough, let alone farming 100 regular ones.

Ed: I'm still probably going to get them all myself, but I can't imagine it would make good video, even given that k&k just banter about poo poo.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
You fuckers added 100 followers to their twitter account.

Edit: Also I liked how you were complaining about how old games make always-facing-you sprites when the trees you were running through did exactly that.

ikanreed fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 8, 2015

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
There seems to actually be two old country buffet twitter accounts and each of you are following a different one. That's in addition to the separate home town buffet account.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 8, 2015

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
There's at least three Old Country Buffet Twitter accounts and they all seem to be claiming to be the real one.

Additionally, the Old Country Buffet website has no link to any Twitter account. So maybe they're all phony???

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's like a shell game.

You're asking yourself which cup has the ball, when the answer is none of them.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Davinci posted:

There's at least three Old Country Buffet Twitter accounts and they all seem to be claiming to be the real one.

Additionally, the Old Country Buffet website has no link to any Twitter account. So maybe they're all phony???

The fact that 3 different people have committed to earnestly impersonating this cheap restaurant chain - or worse, that a single person is behind all three accounts - is too distressing for me to consider.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What at Old Country Buffet even comes from the old country? Spaghetti?

Saddest twitter is Blockbuster Video, btw.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jack Gladney posted:

What at Old Country Buffet even comes from the old country? Spaghetti?

Saddest twitter is Blockbuster Video, btw.

You don't want Old ZCountry food at a buffet. People left the Old Country to get AWAY from that stuff.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I can't tell which is real!

Edit: there are actually seven different OCB variant twitters, a couple of which haven't been set up, and I wouldn't be confident in calling any one of them an official account.

Nighthand fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 9, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dickey Butts posted:

Ugh, let's not. I picked up the game again when it came out on the WiiU virtual console. And while it still holds up incredibly well, this was still a first foray into open arena platforming. Most of the 8 red coin stars are dull enough, let alone farming 100 regular ones.

Ed: I'm still probably going to get them all myself, but I can't imagine it would make good video, even given that k&k just banter about poo poo.

Granted. But Lethal Lava Land would be an interesting one given the out of the way trick lava surfing you have to do to get enough coins. I think it's doable without going into the volcano.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Keith: "I find [sprites that turn to face you] to be a nauseating effect"
Kyle: *runs around in field with trees that do exactly this*

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The trees hide it pretty well though. I know what he means, in something like Doom you've got the dead bodies with very clearly defined and very wide bottom edges and they're constantly rotating to face you and it's super obvious. The trees would just look like that from any angle.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
If an official OCB twitter account did not exist, it would be necessary to invent one. This is one of many ways Old Country Buffet is akin to God.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Mario Kart 64 (1997)
Part 1/2 (LP pt.99) [Youtube]

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The piranha plants in this game have a really bizarre design. I don't think that ever registered with me as a kid.

Also heh look at these guys who don't know how to negate the effects of bananas in MK 64.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Rubber banding AI is in full effect in Mario Kart 64, you can clearly see the AI speeding up to catch you when they are far behind, this has the added effect of making Mushrooms mostly useless as the AI speeds up to compensate.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The mushrooms in 64 are useless by design. You get maybe a 25% speed increase tops when you use one.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I hate to break it to you, but the lightning bolt item has totally been a thing since Super Mario Kart.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Lizard Wizard posted:

I hate to break it to you, but the lightning bolt item has totally been a thing since Super Mario Kart.

An easy mistake though since it didn't realize its full rear end in a top hat potential until Wario Stadium came along

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Tetrisphere owns, you should play all of Tetrisphere.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

MR. J posted:

The mushrooms in 64 are useless by design. You get maybe a 25% speed increase tops when you use one.

Their best use is to cut corners thorough grass without losing speed.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Keith you had that in the bag I am on your side.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Pneub posted:

Their best use is to cut corners thorough grass without losing speed.

There's also a few shortcuts that require one, the most obvious being the one in koopa troopa beach.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 9, 2015

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Mario Kart 64 (1997)
Part 2/2 (LP pt.100) [Youtube]

Regy Rusty posted:

Also heh look at these guys who don't know how to negate the effects of bananas in MK 64.

Why not just tell us?

19LettersLong fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 27, 2015

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Dear God. :stare:

Three lightning bolts and no dick moves with the big jump in Wario Stadium.

And then it was all redeemed by the DK map.

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 27, 2015

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

19LettersLong posted:

Why not just tell us?

It's been a long time since I've played MK64 so I might be wrong, but I think if you let go of the accelerator after hitting a banana peel you don't skid out. It's the only game in the series with that feature, though, it's definitely not in the later games.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

you have to hit B and I think that is only if you notice your handling go to poo poo, because there are two ways to hit a banana: straight on, which will cause you to spin out, and then there is hitting it at an angle, so you will have a couple seconds before you spin out and your kart will make a funny noise. Hitting B and a musical note speech bubble will appear by your driver and you can drive as normal.

Incidentally on the faster difficulties you can spin out without bananas, usually by going side-to-side at higher speeds but it is not as common as the bananas :v:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I realize this is super dumb now, but when I was a kid I was loving bothered to high heavens and back that on Rainbow Road, this star right here.

Had its color filled in and wasn't just an outline like all of the little character constellations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

19LettersLong posted:

Why not just tell us?

Oh I'm sorry. Anyway yeah it's like Aces High said except he got it backwards - if you hit a banana straight on, your car just wobbles for about a second or two before spinning around. Hitting B makes a little music note show up and you don't spin. If you hit it while turning you spin immediately and there's nothing you can do.

• Locked thread