Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
cool, I have to worry about PC exploiters on my console now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4iT0yZEwk8

Does the little bobblehead on Sweet Tooth's roof affect the ball trajectory? :allears:

Also interested in cheat-detection. PC gamers are scum of the earth and should just be penned off in their own greasy world, imo.

I will be on the final leg of a 5,900km drive when it comes out but I look forward to deliriously playing it after my 55 hours of torment end the next day.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

quote:

For those asking, our game will be MSRP US $19.99 which it launches July 7!
:10bux::10bux:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Feenix posted:

What the headline doesn’t tell you is that Rocket League will also be one of the few games in history that supports PS4/ PC cross-play — meaning that owners of both the console version and the PC version will be able to team up or go head-to-head in the same matches when the game launches early next month!

Someone post the huge :eyepop: because this one isn't enough

Any word on a Steam release date?

I get that it's unpopular with the console crowd, and I really hope they have a strong anti-cheat system in place. As a legit PC gamer I really loathe hackers, they gently caress it up for everyone.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
That trailer has me pretty pumped, kinda bummed about PC crossplay in the best game of my generation but hopefully there will be a console filter in matchmaking.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

But Not Tonight posted:

Someone post the huge :eyepop: because this one isn't enough

Any word on a Steam release date?

I get that it's unpopular with the console crowd, and I really hope they have a strong anti-cheat system in place. As a legit PC gamer I really loathe hackers, they gently caress it up for everyone.

Based on everything I'm reading it's coming the same day, dual release. So that's pretty sweet considering I remember them saying "later this year" for PC release.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

sba posted:

cool, I have to worry about PC exploiters on my console now!
This is a pretty valid concern. Any information regarding them fighting off potential hackers on the PC version?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

PC/PS4 crossplay could be loving amazing if they implement it properly. The hacking concern is very important, but Psyonix has my trust right now with how good everything else is with this game, so I'm believing they have ways to deal with potential problems.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

If it soothes your minds a little guys, there's a lot of inherent protections we have against PC causing crossplay issues.
1) PC controls are not superior to controller in this game, so there's no mechanical advantage
2) Player capabilities are much more limited in most games where hacking is especially problematic - there's no way to "aimbot", no wallhacking, etc.
3) We can always cut the cord temporarily if problems arise until we can deal with them.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

icking fudiot posted:

If it soothes your minds a little guys, there's a lot of inherent protections we have against PC causing crossplay issues.

I kinda agree... But on the other hand, I think it's very much possible to write hacks that you can use to steer you automatically towards hitting middle of the ball, or something in that vein.

Hopefully they allow you to play with just console players, if you want to. In any case you can host your own private games, if you don't feel like playing randoms.

VVVVVV Yeah, or that.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

icking fudiot posted:

Boost is server validated in online play. Not our first online rodeo.
yeehaw hype restored

checksin fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 3, 2015

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

checksin posted:

Giving yourself infinite boost (which is already programmed into one of the tutorials if I remember correctly) would be enough to kill competitive balance

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Altering of top speed or acceleration, noclipping through players, and teleporting around the map (to a goalie position) would be obvious exploits. Dedicated servers instead of p2p should help hinder a lot of that though.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Announcement missed the biggest question related to the game:

Ice mode confirmed?????????

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

icking fudiot posted:

The more that is server-side, the better. Thanks for the updates!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

ð’» 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®ð’ ð’¾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I assume cross play is out of fear that there won't be enough PC players? I can't imagine why it would be touted otherwise.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything to increase the population is good imo. I'm not worried about the cheating. I play lots of PC games where there's very little cheating so whatever.

loving pumped for this!!!!

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Can't you just add a filter to find games that are console only

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Reverse Centaur posted:

I assume cross play is out of fear that there won't be enough PC players? I can't imagine why it would be touted otherwise.

Because one of the things people ask for in every multi-platform MP game is cross-platform play?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Reverse Centaur posted:

People beg for cross-platform, and for good reason. I just messaged a few friends who don't have PS4s and who do PC gaming almost exclusively to see if they wanted to get this and make a team. A functional, non-hacked cross-play would be extremely exciting for me.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I can't stop watching that trailer. I love their music guy.

Favorite part is the beginning when the 'players' make their way onto the field and the back 2 cars fly away and show off.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Yeah I have 2 friends w/ PS4s and 1 w/ PC who all like to play together, and now we can! The gamey boys will ride again.

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 3, 2015

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
At least I have a date to look forward to. I'll be back from vacation on the 7th, so at least I'll be all fresh and relaxed for the season opener :v:

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

quote:

You can't party with a friend on a different platform, because you aren't actually friends on the platform you are on. We use the party system for each platform, so these aren't compatible ideas. That said, we will support crossplay in private matches.

Writing our own party system is a big task, which we may undertake at a later time.

Assuming you wanted to play with someone you know, rather than a random person, you would use private match. The details are still in the works.

Source: http://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11267

Bummer about this, but hopefully they can implement something to get that going. I was wondering what happens if I use the same username for both Steam and PS4 in the event I buy it twice.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

icking fudiot posted:

1) PC controls are not superior to controller in this game, so there's no mechanical advantage
2) Player capabilities are much more limited in most games where hacking is especially problematic - there's no way to "aimbot", no wallhacking, etc.
3) We can always cut the cord temporarily if problems arise until we can deal with them.

:thurman:

Day 1 purchase.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

icking fudiot posted:

I was pleased to know that you can opt out of crossplay if you want. That's all I need really. It's amazing that you are doing it, but it's also a relief that you can just ignore the PC crowd, if hacks happen to become problematic.

Clearly I haven't been giving you guys enough credit for all the game design choices you've made. :)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
should probably have another beta just to be safe

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

I'm legit excited to randomly get car hats. We should probably have a hat beta to test win rates for hats. And then people in the hat beta will get an exclusive hat of course.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/608708054062776320

"@AMMu3aTh No plans for another beta. We are focusing on release now. July 7 is fast approaching"

Well, gently caress. How am I supposed to cope for almost a month without being able to play Rocket League?

Witcher 3 might be one of the best games I've ever played, and I've probably got 150 hours of it left, but while playing I just find myself wishing I could be bicycling balls to the walls.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Follow That Fish! posted:

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/608708054062776320

"@AMMu3aTh No plans for another beta. We are focusing on release now. July 7 is fast approaching"

Well, gently caress. How am I supposed to cope for almost a month without being able to play Rocket League?

Witcher 3 might be one of the best games I've ever played, and I've probably got 150 hours of it left, but while playing I just find myself wishing I could be bicycling balls to the walls.

I should set up a Twitch plays Rocket League thing with the PC build.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That would be amazing.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Agreed. I've "sunken" to the point where watching it played is good enough to satisfy the car soccer itch.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Any point in keeping the beta at this point? Or will it be a fresh download? Obviously we will pay for it, was just wondering if there would be an unlock or something like that.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Should be a special hat for beta players that is just a crash test dummy head on a spring.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

bagina posted:

Any point in keeping the beta at this point? Or will it be a fresh download? Obviously we will pay for it, was just wondering if there would be an unlock or something like that.

Nope. Will be a different install and beta credit is based on our database.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

bagina posted:

During the downtime I've been playing the aerial training a bit and believe I have gotten marginally better at flying.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

bagina posted:

You’ll probably get a “DELETED GAME” folder in your Media app, if you snapped a lot of photos and videos, but that’s it.

The main reason to delete the beta is that Rocket League takes up a whopping 200 MB of your online save storage (which is only 1 GB).

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Is there any word on the logistics behind forming a group cross platform? Most of my buddies will be getting the steam release, while I'll probably grab the ps4 version for the time being. Matchmaking with randoms I get, but unsure how I'd invite a steam dude to my team.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

Is there any word on the logistics behind forming a group cross platform? Most of my buddies will be getting the steam release, while I'll probably grab the ps4 version for the time being. Matchmaking with randoms I get, but unsure how I'd invite a steam dude to my team.

Unfortunately, no cross platform parties at release. Party system uses platform specific services from Steam and Sony so there's no way for them to talk to eachother.

We're going to look at introducing some sort of cross platform friends and party support post launch. In the interim we're working on private lobbies that would be joinable from a list so you don't need to be friends to set up a game, but still couldn't matchmake together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

icking fudiot posted:

Unfortunately, no cross platform parties at release. Party system uses platform specific services from Steam and Sony so there's no way for them to talk to eachother.

We're going to look at introducing some sort of cross platform friends and party support post launch. In the interim we're working on private lobbies that would be joinable from a list so you don't need to be friends to set up a game, but still couldn't matchmake together.

That all makes sense. Thanks for clarifying! Look forward to however you potentially get things worked out