Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mister Bates, is your Hx+2 with Roadside from your 'Fancies themselves People of the Key' bond? I don't have a problem with our characters knowing each other though. I just wasn't aware you had put down the +2; I thought that was a choice for the other players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Green Intern posted:

Mister Bates, is your Hx+2 with Roadside from your 'Fancies themselves People of the Key' bond? I don't have a problem with our characters knowing each other though. I just wasn't aware you had put down the +2; I thought that was a choice for the other players.

No, it's because you told me Hx+1 and I automatically get Hx+1 on top of that as a Hocus.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Correct you are. I forgot about my 'Hx+1 for everyone else,' since it takes literally no thought. No need to change anything on your end.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm looking forward to the inevitable return to a-town

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Going on tour all the way from A-town to Z-Ville.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Just as long as we don't get stuck up S-creek without a paddle.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Captain Foo posted:

i'm looking forward to the inevitable return to a-town

You should take it as a great compliment that I had to review the rulebook to determine if I could even deal harm past Gatito's armor with a loving rocket launcher.

(The answer is yes, if you count an RPG as 4-harm and it's being fired as part of a small gang.)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zurui posted:

You should take it as a great compliment that I had to review the rulebook to determine if I could even deal harm past Gatito's armor with a loving rocket launcher.

(The answer is yes, if you count an RPG as 4-harm and it's being fired as part of a small gang.)

yeah there's a reasonable chance with the weaponry as described Gatito could have just walked up to and then murdered everyone on the fire truck, but I thought setting up the return was actually more interesting

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Captain Foo posted:

yeah there's a reasonable chance with the weaponry as described Gatito could have just walked up to and then murdered everyone on the fire truck, but I thought setting up the return was actually more interesting

It is.
My only idea was a John Woo style running gunfight through the buildings.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
In case it wasn't clear, Mask is going to loan Drift a bike, give Gatito a haul on the tanker, and Grim can ride wherever: back of Mask's bike, or with another biker, or the cab of the truck.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I figure it's more interesting for the hardholder to search Spector's tent himself than it is to send someone to do it.
I think the next step of the plan would be dropping by the mess tent and talk to the barman or something.

Error 404 posted:

It is.
My only idea was a John Woo style running gunfight through the buildings.
What, like this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLfUL_dKYrA

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
This windfall is making me disappointed I didn't choose the marketplace hold improvement, I could totally get an XP by rolling Hot to Manipulate currency markets.

Does give me a few mostly flavor ideas for hold upgrades and hooks, though.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I added the Gang and Pack Alpha move to my sheet. I assume the gang gets the 2 Positives, 1 Negative as a Chopper does?

Edit: I changed that video in my last post too. Way more appropriate.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jun 5, 2015

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:getin:

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I am a sad MC because your video is busted.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zurui posted:

I am a sad MC because your video is busted.

Fixed

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Anybody else getting kind of a Groot and Rocket vibe from Gatito and Grim? :v:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Anybody else getting kind of a Groot and Rocket vibe from Gatito and Grim? :v:

Haha nice. Who does that make Drift then?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Haha nice. Who does that make Drift then?

Well you're driving the car, so probably Quill. haha

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Oh my god, Mercy is so hosed.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Foo, I am not usually a stickler for position, but the Destroyer is still a hundred yards or so away. That means that it action can happen, but Mask and the Knots get a chance to act first.

Figured you're okay with that, just wanted to say so. You can always revise it if things go up in flames, literally or otherwise.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zurui posted:

Foo, I am not usually a stickler for position, but the Destroyer is still a hundred yards or so away. That means that it action can happen, but Mask and the Knots get a chance to act first.

Figured you're okay with that, just wanted to say so. You can always revise it if things go up in flames, literally or otherwise.

Not going to be able to make significant changes so let's just roll with whatever causes the most fire

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Captain Foo posted:

Not going to be able to make significant changes so let's just roll with whatever causes the most fire

Standard procedure, got it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zurui posted:

Standard procedure, got it.

Hope u liked the song after I fixed the link :q:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gonna leave this here

https://instagram.com/p/3l-9yyoVVJ/

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Sorry for slowposting; I'm on vacation until Friday, so my posts will probably come in every two days or so :saddowns:

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
My last post had a successful Opening Your Brain roll that didn't get responded to in any way; the scene has moved on so it isn't really relevant anymore, but I just thought I'd point it out.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Mister Bates posted:

My last post had a successful Opening Your Brain roll that didn't get responded to in any way; the scene has moved on so it isn't really relevant anymore, but I just thought I'd point it out.

Apologies, that update was a bit hashed together. I'll make it up to you!

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Oh and: the Meat Machines are well-armed and mobile, but they are little better than animals. (3-harm gang small savage mobile 1-armor)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Acknowledged.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Making the assumption the wreckage of the Judas Priests' convoy has a decent amount of loot in it...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm feeling end-of-session on my end of things - thoughts?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

For the Desert Road crew, we're close if not already there. Don't think there's anything more Drift needs to do there.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The group at Mercy is probably close to being done as well, depending on how Lin's negotiations turn out, and whether a doctor is available.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Yeah, I'm deliberately writing to an end-of-session break in the next update. So long as the Keymaster is willing to pay 1-barter to have a doc try to save Freeway, we're in. MisterBates, you can just narrate that out if you like (or we can hash out something else).

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I'll just narrate it out, post coming soonish.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Heads up: I'll be a bit scarce this weekend, starting tomorrow afternoon.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Can't say I'm super enthusiastic about the improvement I took, adding lucrative raiding to my hold's gigs, but I figure it really fits the story. I'm pretty sure Lin ain't happy at all, either.
I think the next one I plan to get is to get rid of the no walls downside. It's just getting too dangerous for Lin to keep putting that off; so he's going to have to put off more projects that he'd rather do, like getting a bustling marketplace or dropping unruly from his gang. Too busy for self-improvement, too, haha.
I think the end goal for Lin is to get rid of the paying tribute downside. Might even retire the character if I ever get that far.

If I take the raiding improvement to the hold, and then butcher the raiders later, can I trade that improvement for the bustling marketplace one later, to represent, well, wiping out the raiders and building up the hold?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Rockopolis posted:

If I take the raiding improvement to the hold, and then butcher the raiders later, can I trade that improvement for the bustling marketplace one later, to represent, well, wiping out the raiders and building up the hold?

Okay, let's break down how this works:

Your raiding improvement doesn't really represent your hiring of the gangs - you can do that without spending experience. What the raiding improvement guarantees is that they cut you in for a piece of it, likely in return for you funding or supplying them (surplus: +1barter). It also means that someone will know that you're behind it and might try to hit you back for it (want: +reprisals). You can spend your advance on the marketplace if you don't want those mechanical effects!

Also, you can gain HX on anyone. It can be that you heard about their exploits, or that you have more experience with people like them, or that you're interested in meeting them - anything that can justify your relating to them on a closer level. You're going to be more involved with the PCs in the future, so no worries :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Okay, I'll edit it.

Argh...it's hard to decide. I shouldn't pick it if I want it to be temporary, right?
Lin doesn't want it, and I'd rather get something else, but this does seem like one of those 'temporary' solutions that tends to become permanent.

I don't know, am I digging too hard for ways to throw problems at Lin?

What happens if I don't take the raiding improvement?

• Locked thread