Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Chili posted:

And also, I like capps now because his posting and point against me was solid. It was a point I would make if I were scum hunting. He caught me using weak and indecisive language.
For reference, (here) is capps' original comment.

I see your point, I actually misread what capps was saying in that post :sparkles:

Still, he should've made that point in the first place. His vote on Somb is Not Good and just reads like an attempt to redirect the threads attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am going to be out the rest of the evening, I might be able to make some surface comments-- but I'll be back tomorrow morning for sure.

Yay mafia~

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

yuming posted:

In response to people's growing suspicions against him.

See here's the thing:

A) I didn't see it that way, it was really early and suspicions at that time are passing at strongest.

B) Even if people were suspicious, and it was genuine, isn't the most pro-town way of defending yourself scumhunting? I mean, hell, that's always been my attitude and nothing drives me crazy quite like someone doing nothing but defending themselves when they're back is up against the wall.

This is all feeling too opportunistic for me, and this consensus is riddling me with ~bad feels~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What was the "consensus" at max? 4,5 people?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
thats a lot of people suddenly saying someone is scum at the start of day 1 for no real reason

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
If we are all seriously going to sit here and pretend like Capps was reacting to legitimate pressure then I'm not quite sure where our collective heads are at. I feel like most people in this game have experienced the barrage of early day 1 suspicions and should know better than to project some super serious response onto another player.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tremendous Taste posted:

it reads to me like he's trying to project "town thinker" when really this isn't how he approaches the game at all

how do i approach game

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

What was the "consensus" at max? 4,5 people?

Consensus is the wrong word, it's more of a movement. A movement I don't like.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Amnistar posted:

I am trying out a new strategy this game. Just an FYI.

Care to share?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
is that the one where you go 'if i were a cop i'd investigate taste tonight'

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mr.capps posted:

how do i approach game

Directed more at trying to perceive intent and motivations while dismissive of vehicle or method

Reverse engineering

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
After The League II I am confident that capps is scum based on his behavior here. It's mostly a meta call.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I don't like the way Chili and Somber sound positive about their reads (around pages 4-5). Day 1 is always a shitshow of nitpicking small comments because we have nothing substantial to build cases on. I don't know whether or not they're acting more sure because they want people to follow them or because putting forth an opinion with a disclaimer about how you could be wrong is jumped on by mafia players as a scumtell.

Imgay's claimed power role is complete bullshit.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Winged Orpheus posted:

I don't like the way Chili and Somber sound positive about their reads (around pages 4-5). Day 1 is always a shitshow of nitpicking small comments because we have nothing substantial to build cases on. I don't know whether or not they're acting more sure because they want people to follow them or because putting forth an opinion with a disclaimer about how you could be wrong is jumped on by mafia players as a scumtell.

I want to vote you too.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm also immune to scum nk, but town could vig me.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CapitalistPig posted:

Number one, I think thats bullshit what imgay said, that role is ridiculously strong and no mod would ever put something like that in

Number two, I am immune to psychological damage, whatever that means. So if there is some sort of mindwarping creature down there I will be fine.

OK so your loose claim (and I don't think you should firm that poo poo up this early) is that you have a better chance to not only succeed at the event but avoid negative consequences from said event. I would think that you should be OK with sending imgay for now - if he's telling the truth then the town gets a boon - if he's lying he could die to the consequences. Basically it seems to be win-win.

--Mafia edit--

imgay posted:

I'm also immune to scum nk, but town could vig me.

You just wanna keep digging don't ya buddy.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I'm digging for science.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
##vote winged orifice

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kleedrac posted:

OK so your loose claim (and I don't think you should firm that poo poo up this early) is that you have a better chance to not only succeed at the event but avoid negative consequences from said event. I would think that you should be OK with sending imgay for now - if he's telling the truth then the town gets a boon - if he's lying he could die to the consequences. Basically it seems to be win-win.

Orrrrr imgay is scum and I dont want him to get a boon for scum?

I literally just said I dont believe his ridiculous claim.

So its not really win win.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
why does everyone think there is a "boon'

we're just sending someone into a dangerous hole

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

uranus posted:

why does everyone think there is a "boon'

we're just sending someone into a dangerous hole

imgay claimed to have some cloning machine and sending him into whatever the daily situatiuon is gives him a charge that lets him revive dead players or something like that, I do not believe this claim.

Which is why I keep saying to nominate me instead because I will be in less danger because I have immunity to psychological damage.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'm nominating imgay exactly because i think he will be in danger

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

CapitalistPig posted:

imgay claimed to have some cloning machine and sending him into whatever the daily situatiuon is gives him a charge that lets him revive dead players or something like that, I do not believe this claim.

Which is why I keep saying to nominate me instead because I will be in less danger because I have immunity to psychological damage.

Imgay may be referencing GG's last game, where Merk begged for a boon on day one, saying that he gets an extra night action from a boon. It pretty much blew day one up.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nominations
C Pig 5
imgay 5
TT 1
Punt 1

Both will go if no other nominations received.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GG, so me and cpig with spoon and worm our way through the hole? This is a pretty good situation

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I can live with that :wink:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Journey into Dimension Y, Pt. II

quote:

Gerald McSwain and Roman Sheldon decided that it would be in the best interest of the group if they both went to explore the crawlspace. First Gerald enters and then Roman.

Fifteen or so minutes later, Gerald climbs back out of the crawlspace as a door that you all hadn't notice before opens on the other side of the lab.

Roman comes out from it covered in blood and behind him is a library.

The day continues, players have been notified of results.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
ummmm so I got a pm from GG saying that imgay morphed into some kind of weird form and phased through me?

##vote imgay

normal humans dont do that

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lynchproof now

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You cannot stop me feeble humans

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Winged Orpheus posted:

It's already been said, but yes this is scummy WO is now on my list as well.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Can we go through the mysterious door?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys that was all a joke, I'm still a human scientist

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lets all kill each other, who has a gun

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have two big guns on my person

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CapitalistPig posted:

ummmm so I got a pm from GG saying that imgay morphed into some kind of weird form and phased through me?

##vote imgay

normal humans dont do that

Yeah "normal human" isn't really a label I'd put on imgay so;
##Vote imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kleedrac's policy lynching everyone. Look how scummy he is!

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

imgay posted:

Kleedrac's policy lynching everyone. Look how scummy he is!

I'm policy lynching all the non-humans yup - I think this is a rational policy in a Lovecraftian world!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look at me

• Locked thread