Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
If understanding THAC0 makes you smart, then being able to calculate advanced sports statistics like OPS and DVOA and WARP2 must make a person the next Richard Feynman.

Turns out jocks are smarter than nerds. Who knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Harrow posted:

The best quote:
"Other people's fun is not more important than mine. However, mine is more important than theirs."

Again, welcome to 5e's core audience.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Plague of Hats posted:

Thac0 is great. It was a better system than using a chart, and it allowed for backwards compatibility with 0e and 1e materials. Fantastic and elegant design, plus it made the players better at mental arithmetic (i.e. smarter).

Steve and Zeb knew that it was the same as inverted AC (ascending), but they kept Thac0 for compatibility sake. Plus according to Frank, Thac0 has been around since 0e and it is in the 1e DMG (in the monster charts).

Ascending AC is even easier to use, but it required WOTC D&D breaking away from certain TSR conventions (that were borne of wargaming conventions).

Y2K+ players (dare I say you millennials) lose out on the smartening up that Thac0 provided. Thus they are by definition dumber. Sorry.

FMguru posted:

I did some simple math to play a game once, behold my mighty space-brain

Yeesh, I've said this before in other threads but although nerds come in along all sectors of the bell curve (I've met nerds that are smart and nerds that are dumb, but most nerds iin my experience slot in somewhere in the great middle of the IQ distribution), pretty much every single nerd thinks they are in the top 5% brains-wise, and cite their nerd hobbies as evidence for this belief.
Fun fact: The designers wanted to cut THAC0 out of AD&D 2nd Ed. and other 90s variants of AD&D, but they were afraid the player base would throw temper tantrums just because they changed it.

Edit: This is in 30 Years of Adventure; I don't have a digital copy but I'll find the source text some time.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 17, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
For all the talk of how smart thac0 makes players, it was still millenials that figured out a version that used the transitive property so that you'd always add everything and the order didn't matter.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Man, I knew that thread would yield some more nonsense. I've never met anyone who've said "THAC0 is a wonderful thing" who didn't immediately say something that made my head hurt.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Knowing how to do THAC0 sure made me feel really smart when I started playing D&D.
I was 11

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

quote:

quote:

i don't think money is the concern.. what i took from their history lesson about wave 1 is more that they are concerned about making sure that wave 2 is better managed.. which may include money (one would presume that all the snags and problems they had in wave1 meant higher costs along the way) but i think they mainly just want to avoid jumping the gun again and making more promises about delivery timeframe and quality they might miss, the way they did in wave1.

ultimately its the old problem for PB.. if they're open and start trying to keep everyone in the loop.. they get attacked when the inevitable snags and problems hit and those claims turn out wrong. but if they don't constantly inform everyone of what is going on.. they get attacked for not sharing info.

So the take away here is....
Haters gonna hate.....

:argh: Oooooh, those haters, whining like diaper poo babies about a years-long clusterfuck that ate their money.

Really, everyone should be taking the opportunity to thank Kevin for plopping out a 10k-word Kickstarter update that amounted to "I have no idea what I'm doing. PS We're thinking about changing the scale for future installments of our minis game."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I do have to wonder who looks at Kevin Siembeda and thinks 'I should give this man my money,' Kickstarter or no.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I dunno, I feel like there's just enough digging required to really get a sense of how bad an idea it is, that I don't begrudge a newcomer one or even a couple of mistakes in that regard. Palladium's got an extensive, decades-old catalog and a pretty okay website. Maybe you even heard about them long ago, and now they're doing some big awesome thing and you're like "Oh, those guys! I thought cyberknights were really cool back in 1994; sure I'll throw them $200 for some minis."

Then there's the whole muddiness of just how much Palladium was actually supposed to be involved with the Kickstarter and minis, which even for relative veterans I think is a comparable situation. Even if you're a long-time member of RPGnet and engage in some light industry gossip, it's not unthinkable that you just never ran across the horror stories from Bill Coffin, Steve Trustrum, etc.

Hell, I even have some sympathy for the occasional people who stick hard with Palladium and defend them without being huge asses about it, because they don't deserve the situation they're in.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Plague of Hats posted:

...Y2K+ players (dare I say you millennials) lose out on the smartening up that Thac0 provided. Thus they are by definition dumber. Sorry.

For best results read with this plugin:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/millennials-to-snake-peop/jhkibealmjkbkafogihpeidfcgnigmlf?hl=en-US

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsuRyWhB4IY

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I closed the tab the moment he referred to Jerry Seinfeld as though he is a man with good ideas about society and culture.

EDIT: Never mind, I got curious and kept going. Now he's talking about how he wants his players to think about challenging ideas and then immediately tries to make the case that black-and-white "good versus evil" like fighting Tolkien orcs is a good example of this.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

So everybody has seen the movie Zero Charisma, right? It's a movie about a grognard and it is hilarious.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Wow, grog in video form. That's a rarity.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wow, grog in video form. That's a rarity.
The great thing about videogrog is that the grogs always look exactly like you expect them to.

I've not watched the video but I'll bet the guy's "scary ideas" that he wants you to put into your game are mostly creepysex and biotruths.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FMguru posted:

The great thing about videogrog is that the grogs always look exactly like you expect them to.

I've not watched the video but I'll bet the guy's "scary ideas" that he wants you to put into your game are mostly creepysex and biotruths.

I skipped around because I couldn't take much of it but mostly he wants people to have pedophiles and addictive drugs in their games.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

I closed the tab the moment he referred to Jerry Seinfeld as though he is a man with good ideas about society and culture.

EDIT: Never mind, I got curious and kept going. Now he's talking about how he wants his players to think about challenging ideas and then immediately tries to make the case that black-and-white "good versus evil" like fighting Tolkien orcs is a good example of this.

I closed the tab the moment I saw what he looked like. I mean holy poo poo. And this isn't even his only video

Can you be a Christian and play Dungeons and Dragons?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I closed the tab the moment I saw what he looked like. I mean holy poo poo. And this isn't even his only video

Can you be a Christian and play Dungeons and Dragons?

This guy is alarmingly prolific. How many grodvids per week is this dude uploading?

Also, I can't decide if he recorded a bunch of these on the same day or if he only owns one shirt.

EDIT: Oh, god, this one. Are You Murder Hobos If You Slaughter Orcs? He outlines a scenario in which a party descends into a crypt, kills a bunch of undead and takes their treasure, then comes out and encounters the descendents of the people buried there. They're told that those undead were part of some sort of ancestor worship and that the party just desecrated that tomb. I'm thinking, "Huh, that's an interesting twist on the tomb full of undead adventure. What if there's a culture that worships undead? Are those undead still something that should be destroyed? Not a terrible idea."

Then he goes off on how that's a terrible and there was nothing wrong with players indiscriminately slaughtering everything and there's no such thing as a murderhobo. After all, the players have the power, they're superheroes--they should be allowed to kill everyone and shouldn't have to deal with the consequences because they're above everyone else. He also gives an example where it's cool that the "heroes" celebrated by raping and pillaging a town because they defeated a much worse evil.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 17, 2015

Serf
May 5, 2011

Harrow posted:

EDIT: Oh, god, this one. Are You Murder Hobos If You Slaughter Orcs? He outlines a scenario in which a party descends into a crypt, kills a bunch of undead and takes their treasure, then comes out and encounters the descendents of the people buried there. They're told that those undead were part of some sort of ancestor worship and that the party just desecrated that tomb. I'm thinking, "Huh, that's an interesting twist on the tomb full of undead adventure. What if there's a culture that worships undead? Are those undead still something that should be destroyed? Not a terrible idea."

Then he goes off on how that's a terrible and there was nothing wrong with players indiscriminately slaughtering everything and there's no such thing as a murderhobo. After all, the players have the power, they're superheroes--they should be allowed to kill everyone and shouldn't have to deal with the consequences because they're above everyone else. He also gives an example where it's cool that the "heroes" celebrated by raping and pillaging a town because they defeated a much worse evil.

Surely there is a word in German to express the idea of "so close to an epiphany but too stupid to figure it out"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Harrow posted:

I skipped around because I couldn't take much of it but mostly he wants people to have pedophiles and addictive drugs in their games.
Ah, so "creepysex" then.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

This guy reminds me of an old grog I dealt with who insisted that everyone should be forced to go through a Clanbook: Baali campaign at least once so they could be shocked out of their complacency. Anyone who has the slightest idea of what Clanbook: Baali entails knows why this would be a bad idea, but he specifically called out that everyone should be forced to roleplay out child rape so they know how it feels. And if someone does have issues with it, then they should just sit on it and only complain after the game is over, because questioning the GM in front of the other players undermines his power.

He was permabanned as fast as we were able to find an admin.

e: Holy poo poo, this video, "I've raped my players, both male and female, as a DM. I've also killed them, Which is murder, which is worse." :psyboom:

Harrow posted:

This guy is alarmingly prolific. How many grodvids per week is this dude uploading?

Also, I can't decide if he recorded a bunch of these on the same day or if he only owns one shirt.

The "Players too sensitive" youtube talks about playing a Lord of the Rings campaign from the POV of the orcs... and says that's an amazing thing. I guess these ideas are only good when he has them.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 17, 2015

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
First: Oh look. Palladium haters showing up to take a dump. It must be that time of the month again.

Second: Given how dramatic and whiny some folks get online about Palladium, it really is no surprise to me that KS basically ignores people and does whatever suits him.

I mean, why should he bother trying to cater to you? Nothing he ever does is going to be good enough. Fans of his games can't be fans like fans of other games; no, they're "zombies", "fanbois", "more money than sense" and all sorts of other derogatory comments. His games can't actually be liked; no, Palladium is strictly kept alive by begging shamelessly, clearly nobody could actually enjoy playing his games. If he changed his system, it wouldn't be enough; hell, there isn't a single system out there that doesn't have detractors. He starts selling pdfs of his games, just like a chunk of people complained about; he doesn't get any credit for finally accepting that bit of technological innovation.

It might be disappointing but it makes sense to me that he focuses on the folks that actually _like_ his games. Heck, look at the whole 3.x vs 4E thing. People feuding left and right, the 3.x fans can't actually agree on what the problems are with the rules and what the solutions are... why should he even _think_ about opening that can of worms for his games? Guardians of Order got slammed by fans for doing d20 versions of their games and d20 fans slammed GoO because GoO didn't really understand the system and claimed that d20 wasn't actually balanced.

Up until then, GoO had a fairly loyal fanbase. After that, it started disappearing and they didn't really pick up any new ones.

Why should Palladium run the risk of alienating their fanbase in the same way? Especially when it's _that_ fanbase which has managed to keep them going through some rather rough times.

I realize my random once a year response to Palladium haters isn't going to change a thing. But still... can't you just let it go? Great, you hate the game, you hate the man, whatever. So what? Nobody forces you to buy their books.

Next time you feel like posting a response about how Palladium games shot your dog, shaved your cat, screwed your sister, and ate all you ice cream... why not go post a response or start a thread about how awesome the last game session you had was?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I love that his go-to examples for "whiny baby trigger-warning safe space bullshit" are: a) goddamn rape; and b) cold-blooded murder. Like, on the latter, not even the ubiquitous murderhobo crap, but actually executing non-violent captives solely because you can. If you have a problem with that, well, you're just a loving pussy.

But, anyway. Of all the loving hills for these assholes to die on, I love that they almost always choose rape. Way to stake your claim on Mt. Indefensible! :thumbsup:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean, why should he bother trying to cater to you?

It's not like he's trying very hard to cater to the people who want to give him money for products, in the first place.

*swish*

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
ENGAGE RANT

Do I feel that Palladium Haters are unfair?

It depends.

I sympathize with those who rag on KS because of his excessive defense of his IP and his draconian web policies. However, I understand KS on this. His IP is all that stands between poverty and life. If some legal twist of the knife were to occur that caused him to wind up like Gary Gygax minus the TSR payout, KS would be mega-hosed. That kind of pressure leads to understandable paranoia. If I could talk sense to KS (ha ha!), I would have him speak to an IP lawyer and draw up a better policy for fans that would also give him rock solid IP control.

I have NO MERCY on KS for his refusal to update his core system and NO MERCY on recycling of art and text. Also, I have NO MERCY on lack of playtest. The Palladium Haters and I fully agree on these points.

I disagree with those who hate his artwork, but enjoyment of art is very subjective so its a moot point. You either like an art style or you don't for whatever personal reasons. In fact, when I think of art for my future RPG, I have always fantasized about affording the guys from either Palladium or Games Workshop. I absolutely love grim comic book B/W art in my RPGs. Sure, the Iron Kingdoms art is superior in many ways, but there is something about more open line art that TO ME feels like I can insert my imagination in the white space. Perfect art doesn't give my mind as many places to go. This may be fine for covers in order to attract buyers, but I want inside pieces to inspire my mental wanderings and not codify thematic bits.

I honor KS for his devotion to gonzo fantasy. Rifts is not my thing, but it certainly gets many people jazzed. It has been MY EXPERIENCE that MOST Palladium players talk about pretty insane off the wall stories, not character builds or "I got this goodie" since their characters start off pretty powerful with big guns and magic swords at 1st level. I think the teenage RPG market is a good niche and cheap softcovers are good alternative to fifty dollar college textbooks.

I have NO MERCY on KS for ignoring the changes and realities as the industry devolves into a sideline hobby. It's evolution bitches - change or die. My purchases were based on the hope that a man with so much creativity and love for RPGs will be able to change instead of die. I'm giving Palladium a 25% chance to exist in 2 years. I hope they emerge victorious.

I have NO MERCY on KS for any REAL mistreatment of employees or freelancers. BUT I do understand that it is an editors job to alter the perfect masterpieces of writers and often these creative difference result in bad blood. Stephen King talked about the necessary synergy between editor and author and how projects live and die based on the sucessful synergy and respect. MANY artists (and maybe especially artist/editors) have TOO much ego and I do maintain that ego (particularly overinflated ego) is the cornerstone for being an artist. That said, I firmly believe that long term success in the arts demands that the artist must learn to control and temper his ego...or he will self-destruct. I say this with TREMENDOUS admiration for everyone engaged in the creative arts and this opinion is NOT pointed at any one artist / author / creator whatsoever.

I disagree with the "RPG = art" crowd and their hate for Palladium's low brow exhuberance and joy. Yes, RPGs can be used to tell "Remains of the Day", but MOST of us who actually play RPGs really enjoy retelling what are essentially Roger Corman ripoffs of Alien and Conan and other tales. It has been MY experience that MANY people's home games look much more like "Deathstalker IV" than "Mists of Avalon" and Palladium caters to them. As a certified and unapologetic fan of Hair Metal, I had to endure the snippy bitchiness of Depeche Mode / U2 wanks in college so this hoidy toidy attitude has always hit my "Red Mist Berserk Button" as it was never enough for people to just enjoy their hobby, but there was an insane need to pick at those who enjoyed something they hated.

So yes, there are points where I will firmly defend Palladium and points where I sympathize and even agree with those who dislike KS and his company. Feel free to disagree anywhere and everywhere 'cuz that's the American Way, but I stand firm.

END RANT

ENGAGE EMOTIONAL COOLANTS

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

that guy's campaign videos

quote:

Adventurers wanted for an adult-oriented D&D 5th Edition campaign. The campaign focuses on the erotic side of role playing with monsters. Little equipment, difficult adult situations, constant danger, successful completion doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success. Players must be at least 18 years old.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Halloween Jack posted:

First: Oh look. Palladium haters showing up to take a dump. It must be that time of the month again.

Second: Given how dramatic and whiny some folks get online about Palladium, it really is no surprise to me that KS basically ignores people and does whatever suits him.
Ugh, Palladium haters are so dramatic

*several paragraphs of overheated ranting about how terrible Palladium's critics are*

e: Oh, and the reason GoO went under was because they got caught on the wrong side of a currency fluctuation, not because "haters" abandoned them for going D20.

e2: It's me, I'm the guy with carefully delineated and calibrated levels of outrage towards Kevin Simebieda (or "KS" as we true pros call him).

FMguru fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 17, 2015

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Haha holy poo poo that guy's video turns into some twisted "get out the vote" thing in the last couple minutes. What a toolbag.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

ENGAGE RANT

Do I feel that Palladium Haters are unfair?

It depends.

I sympathize with those who rag on KS because of his excessive defense of his IP and his draconian web policies. However, I understand KS on this. His IP is all that stands between poverty and life. If some legal twist of the knife were to occur that caused him to wind up like Gary Gygax minus the TSR payout, KS would be mega-hosed. That kind of pressure leads to understandable paranoia. If I could talk sense to KS (ha ha!), I would have him speak to an IP lawyer and draw up a better policy for fans that would also give him rock solid IP control.

I have NO MERCY on KS for his refusal to update his core system and NO MERCY on recycling of art and text. Also, I have NO MERCY on lack of playtest. The Palladium Haters and I fully agree on these points.

I disagree with those who hate his artwork, but enjoyment of art is very subjective so its a moot point. You either like an art style or you don't for whatever personal reasons. In fact, when I think of art for my future RPG, I have always fantasized about affording the guys from either Palladium or Games Workshop. I absolutely love grim comic book B/W art in my RPGs. Sure, the Iron Kingdoms art is superior in many ways, but there is something about more open line art that TO ME feels like I can insert my imagination in the white space. Perfect art doesn't give my mind as many places to go. This may be fine for covers in order to attract buyers, but I want inside pieces to inspire my mental wanderings and not codify thematic bits.

I honor KS for his devotion to gonzo fantasy. Rifts is not my thing, but it certainly gets many people jazzed. It has been MY EXPERIENCE that MOST Palladium players talk about pretty insane off the wall stories, not character builds or "I got this goodie" since their characters start off pretty powerful with big guns and magic swords at 1st level. I think the teenage RPG market is a good niche and cheap softcovers are good alternative to fifty dollar college textbooks.

I have NO MERCY on KS for ignoring the changes and realities as the industry devolves into a sideline hobby. It's evolution bitches - change or die. My purchases were based on the hope that a man with so much creativity and love for RPGs will be able to change instead of die. I'm giving Palladium a 25% chance to exist in 2 years. I hope they emerge victorious.

I have NO MERCY on KS for any REAL mistreatment of employees or freelancers. BUT I do understand that it is an editors job to alter the perfect masterpieces of writers and often these creative difference result in bad blood. Stephen King talked about the necessary synergy between editor and author and how projects live and die based on the sucessful synergy and respect. MANY artists (and maybe especially artist/editors) have TOO much ego and I do maintain that ego (particularly overinflated ego) is the cornerstone for being an artist. That said, I firmly believe that long term success in the arts demands that the artist must learn to control and temper his ego...or he will self-destruct. I say this with TREMENDOUS admiration for everyone engaged in the creative arts and this opinion is NOT pointed at any one artist / author / creator whatsoever.

I disagree with the "RPG = art" crowd and their hate for Palladium's low brow exhuberance and joy. Yes, RPGs can be used to tell "Remains of the Day", but MOST of us who actually play RPGs really enjoy retelling what are essentially Roger Corman ripoffs of Alien and Conan and other tales. It has been MY experience that MANY people's home games look much more like "Deathstalker IV" than "Mists of Avalon" and Palladium caters to them. As a certified and unapologetic fan of Hair Metal, I had to endure the snippy bitchiness of Depeche Mode / U2 wanks in college so this hoidy toidy attitude has always hit my "Red Mist Berserk Button" as it was never enough for people to just enjoy their hobby, but there was an insane need to pick at those who enjoyed something they hated.

So yes, there are points where I will firmly defend Palladium and points where I sympathize and even agree with those who dislike KS and his company. Feel free to disagree anywhere and everywhere 'cuz that's the American Way, but I stand firm.

END RANT

ENGAGE EMOTIONAL COOLANTS

alg posted:

"You must sign a waver, you cannot call the cops."

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Shadeoses posted:

Presumably the feat means the character is some kind of crossbow savant who has developed the techniques and tools to do whatever the hell they want with hand crossbows.

In the cool anime one piece there's a dude who triple wields katanas using his arms and teeth. I'm thinking it'd be p :krad: to do the same for the one handed dual crossbow guy, or like flicks their Bayonetta-like hair to reload bolts :allears:

Dang this is my longest "forgot to refresh the page" moment yet lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

alg posted:

Oh god, I found the introduction to the campaign. Why did I watch this? Why?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

quote:

I find it very sickening that folks choose to attack Kevin Siembieda a few days after one of his best friends in the world just passed.

Oh, to answer the question What the heck happened to Rifts?

It's still a great story and it's doing fine.

Just my opinion.

quote:

Nah, not a troll, but someone who let there login name lapse due to the ignorant comments posted on this board by palladium naysayers.

I just felt like giving my two cents regarding the lack of humanity by some of you folks when it comes to Kevin. Nobody cares that his friend of 25 plus years died a few days ago. You guys have nothing better to do than bash the guy and his company while he's down. I cannot wait to see Palladium rebound and see what fan boys you turn into when that happens.

quote:

Anyone here ever own or run a company? Probably not.

Anyone here overweight, still living with your parents at 30 yrs old and never been laid?

Probably so.

quote:

We are growing in numbers, soon you will all be palladium fanboys....

quote:

Palladium books would not ban folks with actual beefs when it comes to product. But when they personally attack a guy, thats going too far. And Im just one of those guys that dont like people who ma

quote:

RPG.net domain to be sold to Palladium

What a headline that would be.

How many of you would just jump out of the nearest window??

Admit it, that would be very funny. (The purchace of the domain name by Palladium , not you nice folks jumping out a window.)

See, it's not nice when folks make comments about your little world is it?

Feel the Power of Palladium.

quote:

Wow, you guys really don't like it when someone comes along and gives you a wap on the nose, do you?

Palladium Books, and Kevin Siembieda for that matter, are not going to be chastised anymore with out some good old fashioned reprisals.

quote:

Just wait till 2010. I'm going to make the folks in California an offer they will not be able to refuse.

Hey and guess what? It's 2008, and Palladium is still here. Owned by the same guy who started it.

Can't say that about WOTC. And you wont be able to say that in 2010 about RPG.net

quote:

Four pages? Wow, I'm good. Good night suckers.

I'm going back to my warm cozy home at the Palladium Boards.

quote:

I think I've made my point.

If Anyone dares defend palladium, they become a target for bashing by a group of people that do not have what it takes to be anything but the game players. But when you play your game with them, as I have, they get all bent out of shape and have little inside joke combacks.

Pitiful. I will go back to what I do in my spare time, which is create worlds.

This would have never gone this far if someone would have told the clown who talked poo poo about my friend Kevin to shut his loving mouth.

Sage Genesis
Aug 14, 2014
OG Murderhobo

Today I learned that being an adult is always point the finger at other people, refuse to attempt to see things from their perspective, and apply your own standards as the universal ideal to which other must live up...

Christ what a douche. And you know, I even say this as someone who's been ok with some dark poo poo in his games. When I play World of Darkness or Eclipse Phase with a certain select few of my friends I know things might touch on some sensitive topics. But there's this huge difference between "everybody knows what they signed up for" and "springing rape on unsuspecting and possibly disapproving players is a hallmark of being an adult."

Why is it these grogs seem to never even consider the option of just talking with their players and ironing things out beforehand?
Fake edit: This is some viking hat authority crap I bet.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Harrow posted:

Some people are hosed in the head. The slightly off monotone just makes it worse.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

alg posted:

quote:

DM: [sound of dice rolling, long pause] okay He, he, he, at this point he reaches over to, uh, shall we say, start disrobing you.

Player: Well, uh, I'm gonna back up and explain "You don't know what you're doing. I'm gonna need to explain it to you first."

DM: [chuckle, sound of dice rolling, pause] Uh, he looks at you sort of perplexed ca-, and, uh, uh, goes, um, still tries to, um, uh, um [low, breathy chuckle] uh, okay, lemme see. [long pause, dice rolling, more pause] Okay, uh, uh, s-sorta smiles at you, and, and, makes a motion to you to like open your mouth. [low laugh]

Player: Okay, it looks like you know what you're doing, I like a man that knows what he's doing.

DM: [wheezing laugh]

Also, you get to see whatever he's doing on his desktop, like looking at his campaign map, or browsing GitP.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Harrow posted:

The Great Lich Kegeil, who requires a steady flow of souls to fill her "phylactery"

Yeah sure there pal

Sage Genesis
Aug 14, 2014
OG Murderhobo

Harrow posted:

The fu-

Ok, so we have a continent that's so huge that it's probably about the same size as all of our real continents mushed together. And this place had one king? One. Like, for real?

"There are many shipping routes."
Uh, yeah, not really though since there's only one real continent. You can follow the coast east or you can follow the coast west. Save for some very minor shortcuts to bypass erratic terrain that's really about all you can do.

"People are kidnapped and trained as sex slaves, where they become addicted to pleasure."
You have no idea how human trafficking and sex slavery works, do you?

"And because they are addicted to pleasure they are willing sacrifices to Kegil."
What

"Oh and Kegil requires souls for her phylactery but they must be willing for reasons I guess."
What

"Did I mention the campaign's big bad is named Kegil of all things?"
What

And all that is ignoring the real elephant in the room: this is all some super weirdo campaign designed so this guy can talk about rapey S&M situations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kurieg posted:

The Great Lich Kegeil, who requires a steady flow of souls to fill her "phylactery"

Yeah sure there pal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c6Vrnf99Ac

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I don't know why you guys insist on opening the box marked 'full of literal poo poo' and shoving your noses in, sniffing and going 'oh my god this is poo poo and smells so loving bad.'

This isn't a surprise, why are you torturing yourselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

I don't know why you guys insist on opening the box marked 'full of literal poo poo' and shoving your noses in, sniffing and going 'oh my god this is poo poo and smells so loving bad.'

This isn't a surprise, why are you torturing yourselves?

This is the same hobby where people were sold literal boxes of poop knowing full well what they would get. It would be more surprising if we didn't touch the poop.

• Locked thread