Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

semon demon posted:

Southern television commercials own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uA5f_d4xM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Even with all the honey Boo Boos, ignorance and toothless rednecks I'll still take it. Alabama - a great place to live but I wouldn't want to visit.

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

they all look the same to me

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Jonny 290 posted:

reminder that east coast ppl cried for winter storms to be named by the NWS b/c they got butthurt that the south got an instant of attention with katrina

*third beach house has a wind chime knocked off* THIS IS OUR KATRINA

the hell are you talking about the weather channel names the winter storms, not the NWS, and everyone thinks its dumb

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

https://youtu.be/FJ3oHpup-pk

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Riptor posted:

the hell are you talking about the weather channel names the winter storms, not the NWS, and everyone thinks its dumb

the southerners are just gettin salty ITT is all

its easier to talk poo poo about other areas for them than it is to find good images/videos/gifs of the south lmfao

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Opinion check on southern accents vs northern accents ?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

thathonkey posted:

as somebody from the north, prefer southern

i dont have a real discernable accent though thank loving christ. by and large i prefer the way i sound over anybody else

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

All varieties of southern accent sound better (sexier) on girls than any variety of northern accent.

It's hard to think of a southern accent that doesn't automatically make a male speaker sound ignorant or pompous.

Nobody sounds wiser than a grizzled old small-town Maine fisherman.

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
Whenever i hear a southern accent i immediately default to aasuming the person is a functional retard

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Fetus Tree posted:

as somebody from the north, prefer southern

i dont have a real discernable accent though thank loving christ. by and large i prefer the way i sound over anybody else

any accent is great but southern, male or female

it's fossilized poor english limey

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Southern accents have French, African, Scottish, English, Irish, and Spanish histories. Depends on which accent you're talking about.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Northern accents are the worst simply because they include jersey, new york, and boston

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

solo humping pro posted:

Whenever i hear a southern accent i immediately default to aasuming the person is a functional retard

Yeah southern accents on girls are hot if you're into loving retards I guess.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

fits my needs posted:

Yeah southern accents on girls are hot if you're into loving retards I guess.

some ppl make good money doing that

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

solo humping pro posted:

the south should be razed and reconstructed as a giant vacation paradise for northerners to visit.

this already happened fyi

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Bro Dad posted:

this already happened fyi

just loving lol at the notion that Reconstruction was "oppressive"

Reconstruction was the North pussying out and taking half-measures

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

solo humping pro posted:

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
https://youtu.be/zwylqDTbdtk

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

just loving lol at the notion that Reconstruction was "oppressive"

Reconstruction was the North pussying out and taking half-measures

i mean more recently, most of my area is either rednecks our terrible old italian stereotypes from new jersey and new york

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

"ughh the pizza here aint as good as NEW YAWK"

*pizza restaurant is owned and operated by new yorker who moved here 3 months ago, all other patrons and staff are also new yorkers*

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Bro Dad posted:

i mean more recently, most of my area is either rednecks our terrible old italian stereotypes from new jersey and new york

one can never be too sure

as for new jersey, can we establish something right here and now? New Jersey : North :: Florida : South, which is to say, New Jersey and Florida are both so atrocious within their own spheres they are considered uniquely terrible anomalies and not representative of their own region

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I'd be in full support of adding a New Jersey tag to the forums, for the record

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

florida should be considered one of the 11 nations of america gently caress this "new france" bullshit that only survives as a desperate tourist ploy

i mean its an open air containment zone for exiles, drug addicts, and the soon to be dead which gives it a unique culture and atmosphere that no other state can compete with

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Bro Dad posted:

"ughh the pizza here aint as good as NEW YAWK"

*pizza restaurant is owned and operated by new yorker who moved here 3 months ago, all other patrons and staff are also new yorkers*

its because he knows he doesnt have to make good pizza to satisfy southern palettes btw

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
New yorkers move south and then their drug addicted family follows so they can keep sucking on the teat that feeds them

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Gaunab posted:

New yorkers move south and then their drug addicted family follows so they can keep sucking on the teat that feeds them

it could always be worse

you could be getting Californians

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ny pizza is probably the most overrated thing ever

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

thathonkey posted:

Opinion check on southern accents?

They knock me out when I'm down there.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Southern accents can be pretty bad, but Northern accents are terrible. Southerners usually sound dumb, but Northerners invariably sound like assholes. The weirdest accent to me is Black dudes from Texas. It sounds almost like a Southern accent, but its unintelligible.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I loving love sounding like an rear end in a top hat

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I loving love sounding like an rear end in a top hat

Does your voice consist of nothing but fart noises?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

semon demon posted:

Southern television commercials own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuYdImZEDtY

They make a new one of these every year. They add another person in animal costume each time, but the script stays exactly the same.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Does your voice consist of nothing but fart noises?

it does now!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

The Dregs posted:

Southerners usually sound dumb, but Northerners invariably sound like assholes.

they usually sound really stupid on top of it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol loving retards 'we're going to secede but we're not going to be unified in the war effort we're just going to be giant humongous babies until the very bitter end.'

quote:

Historian Frank Lawrence Owsley argued that the Confederacy "died of states' rights."[207][208] The central government was denied requisitioned soldiers and money by governors and state legislatures because they feared that Richmond would encroach on the rights of the states. Georgia's governor Joseph Brown warned of a secret conspiracy by Jefferson Davis to destroy states' rights and individual liberty. The first conscription act in North America authorizing Davis to draft soldiers was said to be the "essence of military despotism."

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

This is what the place I grew up in looked like in 1920's,Hardburly coal mining camp in Hazard,Ky.

If I can find old pictures of where my mom grew up I'll post them.

Southern Accents-It all depends on where in the south the person is from if it sounds nice or godawful. In southeast,Ky it's a hosed up fast mumble thing.

LSD CURES JUNKIES fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 18, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My grandpa grew up in a well to do family that owned a few hundred acres and a very nice plantation home in Coastal Georgia. He sounded like Foghorn Leghorn and he owned pretty fuckin hard

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

South makes sense once your realize the original states were founded either by rich assholes who lost the English Civil War and other cases dirt poor rednecks from Ireland/Scotland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I hear some southerners don't like Dragon Age 2, which is pretty messed up.

• Locked thread