Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
My first pedal. :allears:

I switched to a Ram's Head variant clone, and now a double Muff. But maybe I should pull my tone/wicker out and try it again...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

And... kabam!

Why these rotated leftwards I dunno but it's gorgeous and it sounds lovely. :3:

That old bridge was apparently a DiMarzio, but it sucked. Anyone have any ideas what that thing is?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hard to tell from the outside beyond "it's one of the ones with that shape of pole pieces". What kind of guitar was it? It might just have been a "DiMarzio designed" one aka a DiMarzio made cheaply in some random Chinese/Korean factory.

I mean if the guitar was pretty generic it's probably just a Super Distortion in one form or another, that's like their most generic pickup they make and it at least has the polepiece shape right.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
So I ordered some Lace Sensors for my Strat. I got a set of Red/Blue/and Silver. I'm pretty excited to see what they're all about.

BTW, if anyone else is interested, I can get really good prices on them and I can drop ship them to you.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Shugojin posted:

Hard to tell from the outside beyond "it's one of the ones with that shape of pole pieces". What kind of guitar was it? It might just have been a "DiMarzio designed" one aka a DiMarzio made cheaply in some random Chinese/Korean factory.

I mean if the guitar was pretty generic it's probably just a Super Distortion in one form or another, that's like their most generic pickup they make and it at least has the polepiece shape right.

It's a Matsumoko and the middle position I know was aftermarket, so a Super Distortion sounds right. I think the guy at the place I bought it from even mentioned that, I just didn't really know what that meant at the time. :v:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Got some new cool reflector dials which I've always like the look of, now to get the zebra pickups in and it'll be perfect in every way for me :)

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
The Bluesdaddening has commenced!

This sticker owns

Oh, the pickups sound awesome too

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007
Diggin that pickguard

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Bluesdads represent

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
If you aren't playing Meddle/Live At Pompeii Floyd on that thing I am coming to your goddamn house.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

After The War posted:

If you aren't playing Meddle/Live At Pompeii Floyd on that thing I am coming to your goddamn house.

I spent the afternoon playing some choice Ween tunes on it, but I could certainly find some time to fit in some early Floyd :)

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
22 minute Robin Trower jam :crossarms:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Kick on the digital delay and play Run Like Hell

Or alternately, the live version of Shine On You Crazy Diamond

So many great Floyd tunes to choose from, though...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
made the right choice with ween

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

my art teacher took me to see ween when I was like 17. :allears:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

nrr posted:

my art teacher took me to see ween when I was like 17. :allears:

Did you buy beer with a fake ID, under the name Brian McGee?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Picked up a Peavey Mk VIII the other day, bi-amp crossover built in! Will match that with my Ashdown, another cab, and that giant motherfucking bass blaster for ultimate destruction...

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Not really an instrument purchase, but I just moved into a new, more spacious apartment. This is basically where my studio is at right now, except I've shuffled around some of the DJ/beatlab gear to fit my second laptop on the table, and I sit on a yoga ball instead of that ugly, uncomfortable chair. I need a stand for the UltraNova and a micstand for my talkbox and vocoder and I'm set. Oh, and some acoustic treatment for the walls and maybe a carpet.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Learned what these are good for and bought one. :toot:

Set to frowny mode right now. Sounds pretty good. A little noisy for particularly high-gain stuff, but nothing one of the mods where you swap the op-amps for better ones can't fix so I'll be doing that soon enough too.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

After The War posted:

Did you buy beer with a fake ID, under the name Brian McGee?

obviously

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Shugojin posted:

Learned what these are good for and bought one. :toot:

Set to frowny mode right now. Sounds pretty good. A little noisy for particularly high-gain stuff, but nothing one of the mods where you swap the op-amps for better ones can't fix so I'll be doing that soon enough too.

kick it into happy face, then drop the bass down slightly and adjust upper treble to taste. Sounds like butter.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Kick on the digital delay and play Run Like Hell

Or alternately, the live version of Shine On You Crazy Diamond

So many great Floyd tunes to choose from, though...

Shine On You is such a great song to jam over, its so clean and simple but everything sounds freaking beautiful. Just noodle around in that key and it all comes out fantastic.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Shine On You is such a great song to jam over, its so clean and simple but everything sounds freaking beautiful. Just noodle around in that key and it all comes out fantastic.
Yes! Gm Pentatonic and you can practice phrasing for months.
Plus, you get to play with a nice cleans/chorus/compressor tone and don't have to rely on distortion compression to make you sound good.

It's a great tune to practice your attack, bends, and sustain. I learned a lot from it, without TAB because it's all pentatonic and I knew that already.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Some of the pedals I ordered arrived

Ignore the lovely patch lead, that's going

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
A HardWire SC-2 Valve Distortion made its way into my house.

I'm not super sold on the saturated sound by itself (it probably needs another pedal for some really good overdrive) but I'm getting some reaaaal good crunch sounds out of it. :fap:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

kick it into happy face, then drop the bass down slightly and adjust upper treble to taste. Sounds like butter.

I gave that a shot and it's The Sound for my single coil guitar. Still like frowny for some stuff, and I'll definitely end up doing one of the op-amp / capacitor mods. I'll still mod it up eventually to make it hush but it's a great pedal that I should have bought years ago instead of dorking out over ODs and distortions like I was.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
frowny face makes you sound like slayer

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

comes along bort posted:

frowny face makes you sound like slayer

Yeah "some stuff" basically does just mean "slayer riffs" :shobon:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Another day another delivery!

Wiring for a 335

Fender bits and wahhhh wahhhhhh

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

NTT posted:

A HardWire SC-2 Valve Distortion made its way into my house.

I'm not super sold on the saturated sound by itself (it probably needs another pedal for some really good overdrive) but I'm getting some reaaaal good crunch sounds out of it. :fap:

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-staudt/malaguena-analog-in-3

e; :getin:

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 17, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Another day, another delivery ha ha

Nearly there now!
Just got to get the body out of customs, and then the pick ups should arrive this week as well.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

peter gabriel posted:

Another day, another delivery ha ha

Nearly there now!
Just got to get the body out of customs, and then the pick ups should arrive this week as well.

It's like that episode where Radar is mailing himself a Jeep one part at a time, I love it. :allears:

Or slightly more guitar related... I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2riRAGzNzvQ

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

After The War posted:

It's like that episode where Radar is mailing himself a Jeep one part at a time, I love it. :allears:

Or slightly more guitar related... I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2riRAGzNzvQ

Yeah man :)
It's going to be a 1965 Mustang when all done, got a period trem and other bits, but there is a twist in the tail with the pickups, I am going nasty there :v:

Edit: H aha they actually made that car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 19, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Another day...

1965 trem unit with Patent Pending, nice!

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
OEM Fender locking tuners showed up after like 2 months waiting from local shop. Hard to shop local when you get that kind of song and dance. :rolleyes:

They're staggered 3/3 for height and made my string rollers useless as the pitch was slightly lower. Took it off and put screw back because dunno :confused:

Edit: :canada: so 30% more anyways. He cuts me a bit of a deal, but they're the only place in town really.

Sockington fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 21, 2015

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Your shop also makes a pretty comfortable margin on strings.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I love my local guitar shop but one pack of NYXLs cost me $25. Twenty, five, dollars. Yeah, I went back to buying strings online.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

syntaxfunction posted:

I love my local guitar shop but one pack of NYXLs cost me $25. Twenty, five, dollars. Yeah, I went back to buying strings online.

And the evil GC has them for $12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

syntaxfunction posted:

That's hysterical. The reality is that most people know what the average price is for things like that because of the internet.