Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

See, I think the round summaries need to be done in character so we can convey the theme of the game! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

See, I think the round summaries need to be done in character so we can convey the theme of the game! :colbert:

Those loving red immigrants from Crackbone. They took ur jerrrrrrbs!

Medium Style
Oct 11, 2002

ETB posted:

They're racist.

So boats 4a and 4b are rainbow party floats that sail into town and teach everyone how to love each other?

And working in a store transforms keyples into wealthy assholes that suddenly think they're better than everyone?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Move my 1 Yellow on Keystone Quarry to Bid Boat Pick 2

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Bid 1 Blue on Boat Pick 3 / First Player

We should probably give Stelas a chance to catch up before doing too many more orders

Medium Style posted:

So boats 4a and 4b are rainbow party floats that sail into town and teach everyone how to love each other?

And working in a store transforms keyples into wealthy assholes that suddenly think they're better than everyone?

Now you're getting it!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Lordy!

63 keyples left. 42 skill tiles left. 20 greens not in circulation.
bobvonunheil
Aston
ETB
Crackbone

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Is Spring always this aggressive when people know how to play? I know it depends on the group dynamic, but I rarely see any bids of 3.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I don't really know how to play.

Pass

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Pass.

I've played fairly aggressive springs, though it mainly depends on people's keyple spread.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

unpronounceable posted:

Is Spring always this aggressive when people know how to play? I know it depends on the group dynamic, but I rarely see any bids of 3.

I tend to find them fairly common, at least if you're fixing to use all your dudes, but then my group were fond of opening up with 2 bids in an attempt to stake your claim.

alathar
Jan 6, 2004
O_o

Medium Style posted:

Is there an official "fluff" explanation behind why only one color of keyple can be on a tile at any given time? Are they supposed to be different nationalities? Different families? Are they gangs of immigrant street thugs rumbling for territory "Gangs of New York" style?

I don't think anyone answered you straight, so: No, I don't believe there is any thematic explanation in the rules / from the designers. The racist explanation is the most fun explanation though!

I'm super excited to discuss the results once spring is decided. There were some very interesting moves!

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Stelas, will you be posting our villages alongside the bid board for the rest of the seasons? It would probably be easier to see the scope of our options that way, plus it's also fun to visualize the keyples being sold hired in our respective villages.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ETB posted:

Stelas, will you be posting our villages alongside the bid board for the rest of the seasons? It would probably be easier to see the scope of our options that way, plus it's also fun to visualize the keyples being sold hired in our respective villages.

I would really like to - but I haven't found a way yet to make an image that big without imgur eating it whole or the size spiking, which is really the problem. I'm a little wary of dropping the jpg quality given the amount of detail on the tiles. I'll definitely experiment a little, though.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

unpronounceable posted:

Yeah. A bid of 1 is almost always going to be bumped to 2, so if you really want a tile you have to pay 2-3 for it. Bids of 1 are for things you actually don't want that much IMO - if you get it for 1, great, if someone else outbids you at least they had to pay 2+ for it.

Medium Style posted:

Is there an official "fluff" explanation behind why only one color of keyple can be on a tile at any given time? Are they supposed to be different nationalities? Different families? Are they gangs of immigrant street thugs rumbling for territory "Gangs of New York" style?

I don't think there's an official explanation for the game as is but the side of the box has a little 'designer notes' text which explains describes Keyflower's origins in a game called "Turf War". The central mechanic was players hiring gang members which could be grouped by colour to bid for things, so you're pretty much spot on.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Add two blue to the Keymine bid.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Crackbone posted:

Add two blue to the Keymine bid.

drat IT CRACKBONE :argh:

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

gently caress you, got KeyMine

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Crackbone posted:

:iceburn:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Crackbone posted:

Well, at least the brothers were spared from their demise... this turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'll only keep track of passes until someone does something, for obvious reasons.

bobvonunheil
Aston
ETB
Crackbone

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Use Keystone Quarry with 1 Yellow

I think nobody has three meeples left to outbid me :ohdear:

[edit] Then I'm passing until it's over.

bobvonunheil fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 20, 2015

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Use my home space with 1 blue , upgrade home with gold and iron.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

bobvonunheil
Aston
ETB
Crackbone

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Pass.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Pass

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Pass, in case it needs saying

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I too shall pass.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

End of the round! Please could all players pick their boat, in order of ETB, Crackbone, bobvonunheil, Aston, and also describe where you'd like your tiles:

ETB gains Keywood.
Crackbone gains Keymine, Quarryman, and Apprentice Hall.
bobvonunheil gains Keystone Quarry and Miner.
Aston gains Alehouse and Gold Mine.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I will take the boat with 2 Saw skill tokens (2nd one from the left).

Please place Keywood NE of my Home, in the same text orientation as my Home.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

ETB posted:

I will take the boat with 2 Saw skill tokens (2nd one from the left).

Please place Keywood NE of my Home, in the same text orientation as my Home.

The boats have names, you know :colbert:

not that we can see them under the keyples

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Take the leftmost boat

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Take the glorious Azure Pride, nautical home to no less than four industrious Blue citizens, and also some tools (saw, anvil, red guy)

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Also arrange my stuff thusly:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

bobvonunheil posted:

Also arrange my stuff thusly:

what did you do to that poor image

it's crying

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'll take whatever boat is left

Astonville:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Season change will be up later today as I first experiment on how I can have the whole offer + map image work, double-check everyone's gains and keyples, and also stuff myself with Malaysian.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Armchair analysis:

Aston did pretty well here. 3 net keyples paid for the two most flexible tiles on offer and an already upgraded home tile, even got a decent boat without bidding on turn order. Aston will probably be hoping for a low production/low transport deal now as the only player not in a good position to abuse storage tiles. Getting a 6 Keyple boat without even bidding is just icing.

Crackbone was getting an absolute steal on apprentice hall and quarryman before going a bit mad and spending 4(!) keyples for Keymine. You can't question Crackbone's commitment to being a jerk at least. Apprentice hall is a good tile though, especially if a few of the production tiles that require skills to function appear next, and being allowed to take the best boat is always nice.

Bobvonunheil gained two decent production tiles for 3 Keyples but for some reason bid just to pick the worst boat. A solid round still, Bob is probably looking for the opposite to Aston - a straightforward produce/transport game.

ETB only takes one tile home but it's an important one - as the only source of wood in the game right now Keywood could be a real prize. Unexciting round otherwise.

edit: edited because I got the boats all wrong.

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 21, 2015

Medium Style
Oct 11, 2002

Bubble-T posted:

Armchair analysis:

Bobvonunheil... best boat

ETB... worst boat

Just trying to understand the strategy; what makes these boats the best/worst?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Medium Style posted:

Just trying to understand the strategy; what makes these boats the best/worst?

I got the boats mixed up, edited.

Why Bob wanted that boat so badly is something we'll have to see, I guess.

• Locked thread