Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SquadronROE posted:

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Sorry!

Content: Play Deponia. It's a good point and click adventure.

Don't do this. The first one is tolerable, but the sequels get outright hateful and even rascist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't do this. The first one is tolerable, but the sequels get outright hateful and even rascist.

Haha what

Please elaborate

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Google deponia racist and got this lmao

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

crunk dork posted:

Google deponia racist and got this lmao

Oh, it's worse. You sell that girl to the organ grinder as his new dancing monkey.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Is there like a better, more modern version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe? I've played OpenTTD and Cities Skylines. Both great games. But I want that OpenTTD feel in a hella modern game. Preferably on sale.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hi I'm looking for a cool multiplayer shooter with low system requirements and runs on mac, thank you

Also it'd be nice if it was cheap

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm in the mood for a good singleplayer FPS for PC. Preferably recent, preferably with lots of gun customization. Played the Call of Duties and Far Crys, FEAR. Ghost Recon Future Soldier kept crashing on me sadly, which is a shame because its gunsmith thing looked super cool. Open World is a plus, and if you can play as a woman that'd be really awesome too.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh, it's worse. You sell that girl to the organ grinder as his new dancing monkey.

Wow yeah. That is awful. The first is tolerably funny and fun.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Was it developed by Stormfront or just super unaware people? What the gently caress.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Neo Rasa posted:

Was it developed by Stormfront or just super unaware people? What the gently caress.

WIkipedia tells me Daedalic Entertainment. They're based out of Hamburg, Germany. :shrug:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rollersnake posted:

I'm looking for more MAME/Arcade games my girlfriend might enjoy. Platformers, sidescrollers, or single-plane beat 'em ups (the genre Bad Dudes falls under) with co-op play, and not macho/military-themed. Already familiar with the Bubble Bobble, Snow Bros., and Joe & Mac series, as well as Cadash and Nightmare in the Dark.

For MAME/Arcade games like this that are pretty fun, goofy, have coop and are not talked about much please try these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekXAT6LnAE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMdN447vsC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHvPSfotlhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFUKH49yPwI

Also I know it's not single plane but please please please please give Ninja Baseball Batman a chance :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvhX_Y9D8So

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

quadrophrenic posted:

Is there like a better, more modern version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe? I've played OpenTTD and Cities Skylines. Both great games. But I want that OpenTTD feel in a hella modern game. Preferably on sale.

Train Fever? Maybe check out Cities in Motion, I've only played the first one, I've heard the sequel isn't as good.

Factorio is a completely different game but it scratches the same itch, you still build large networks of conveyors and trains and drones.

Anno 2070 or one of its predecessors might be up your street, they're city builders but there's a lot of logistics involved. These games may be titled differently outside of Europe (Dawn of Discovery?).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Deponia is pretty sexist as well, it starts out casually that way but by the last game it just leans into it completely.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm in the mood for a good singleplayer FPS for PC. Preferably recent, preferably with lots of gun customization. Played the Call of Duties and Far Crys, FEAR. Ghost Recon Future Soldier kept crashing on me sadly, which is a shame because its gunsmith thing looked super cool. Open World is a plus, and if you can play as a woman that'd be really awesome too.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat isn't super recent but still holds up really well and has all of those except the "play as a woman" option.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

The Iron Rose posted:

The newest Wolfensteins are amazing. Not open world or woman PC, but really satisfying shootmans.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

STALKER: Call of Pripyat isn't super recent but still holds up really well and has all of those except the "play as a woman" option.

Unreal_One posted:

The newest Wolfensteins are amazing. Not open world or woman PC, but really satisfying shootmans.

The forums ate my edits last night :v:. Playing Call of Pripyat right now, I like it so far! A bit janky but still within my tolerances.

Wolfenstein is a fantastic game series and the new ones are amazing. The fact that the story treats the Holocaust with actual seriousness is actually really good and I think the game benefits from that... but it does make it a bit difficult to play personally. I tried it and enjoyed the gameplay a lot, but felt a bit uncomfortable with the divide between the extremely fun gameplay and the extremely serious events the plot deals with. Great game, I just couldn't get through it.

Thanks for both of the suggestions though!

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
I'm looking for a game that I can play to kill time at work every now and then. Needs to be either browser based, or a downloadable .exe that can run without installation, as I can't install anything.
Something that is entertaining but not too engrossing, either turn based or I can leave idle for extended periods. Maybe like an RPG rogue like with short game times?

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

You can now play FTL in a browser... Sounds like that might hit the spot for you?

(I'm sure you're familiar with FTL as you mentioned rogue likes!)

I'm looking for some games that I can play while listening to podcasts? Any genre, really. I'm looking for that sweet spot where I can be just engaged enough to be having fun, but not mindlessly swiping / clicking at stuff.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Convexed posted:

I'm looking for some games that I can play while listening to podcasts? Any genre, really. I'm looking for that sweet spot where I can be just engaged enough to be having fun, but not mindlessly swiping / clicking at stuff.

I use Viscrea Cleanup Detail, You Must Build A Boat, and sometimes Factorio for this.

E: Also Space Engineers (though this and Factorio sometimes require a little more focus)

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 20, 2015

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Convexed posted:

I think i recommended this before as a podcast-game, but try the number puzzler Everyday Genius: SquareLogic. It's on Steam and at that fine line where you need to spend just enough brainpower to map out the next number to find, but not so much that you can't fully concentrate on the podcast conversation on the side. Nothing worse than constantly rewinding the podcast because your comprehension keeps slipping and you lose the current topic.
It also has something like more than ten thousand puzzles, so it'll keep you occupied for a while.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Okay, Viscrea Cleanup Detail looks INSANE. I'm loving their website too.

Locked in. Thanks for the recommendation.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Convexed posted:

You can now play FTL in a browser... Sounds like that might hit the spot for you?

(I'm sure you're familiar with FTL as you mentioned rogue likes!)

Thanks for the suggestions, I do own FTL and have played it before. Just tried it through the Humble Bundle site, and it works, but I can either only play it in a tiny window which makes things unreadable, or full screen, which I would rather not do as it makes it harder to alt+tab out of it when people come by hehe.
Any other suggestions?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I'm looking for a game with a wide range of builds/customisation to try out. Preferably an action game, turn based would be OK if its not grindy. Anything with interesting talent trees, classes, options or whatever where your customisation effects the way you play and can be respeced etc quickly. Have access to PC and android, though free/cheap would be ideal!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

field balm posted:

I'm looking for a game with a wide range of builds/customisation to try out. Preferably an action game, turn based would be OK if its not grindy. Anything with interesting talent trees, classes, options or whatever where your customisation effects the way you play and can be respeced etc quickly. Have access to PC and android, though free/cheap would be ideal!

Loadout's fun, and that's the core concept of the game. Same with Robocraft.

E: Both are free to play, Robocraft you might have to drop :10bux: to get away from the grind.

E2: I've heard nothing but good things about Dirty Bomb, too (which is also free)

E3: And EYE: Divine Cybermancy, aka The Game That Is Always On Sale

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 21, 2015

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Vidaeus posted:

Thanks for the suggestions, I do own FTL and have played it before. Just tried it through the Humble Bundle site, and it works, but I can either only play it in a tiny window which makes things unreadable, or full screen, which I would rather not do as it makes it harder to alt+tab out of it when people come by hehe.
Any other suggestions?

I found one, in case anyone else is interested, it's called Enchanted Cave 2. Pretty fun, simple little roguelike with a persistent stat/upgrades system, something like rogue legacy, but a top down dungeon crawler.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vidaeus posted:

I'm looking for a game that I can play to kill time at work every now and then. Needs to be either browser based, or a downloadable .exe that can run without installation, as I can't install anything.
Something that is entertaining but not too engrossing, either turn based or I can leave idle for extended periods. Maybe like an RPG rogue like with short game times?

Crawl is the game you want. Playable from the browser with webtiles, turn-based so you can drop it at a moment's notice without risking anything, and incredibly deep.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Convexed posted:

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I need a game where you spend most of the time barely scraping by, supplies bleeding out, but if you play well and the RNG rolls well (ideally more of the former than latter) you can find yourself turned into an unstoppable killing machine. Think of FTL when you get 3 or 4 burst lasers with a preigniter :supaburn:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

The Iron Rose posted:

Do remastered games count as recent? Because both the Metro Redux games are really cheap on Steam right now. (75% off individually, 80% off as a bundle, at the time of this post)

They're not open world nor do they have a female PC, but there's some weapon customization. I've heard the series called "The Russian Half-Life" and I must say this is not without merit. Both the original games are some of the better SP FPS games I've ever played, and the Redux versions oughta be even better with their new game features and sick-rear end graphics updates.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44169/

Nordick fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 22, 2015

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Evilreaver posted:

I need a game where you spend most of the time barely scraping by, supplies bleeding out, but if you play well and the RNG rolls well (ideally more of the former than latter) you can find yourself turned into an unstoppable killing machine. Think of FTL when you get 3 or 4 burst lasers with a preigniter :supaburn:

You might enjoy Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, if you aren't sick of zombies.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Evilreaver posted:

XCOM: Enemy Within. All of the shots taken by your squad and by enemies is a percent chance, modified by cover, angle of attack, flanking, etc. It's very easy to lose a squaddie or your entire squad early on by getting unlucky/making poor decisions, but over the course of the game you research new items, genetically modify your dudes, or turn them into half-mechs that run rampant on the battlefield.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Evilreaver posted:

Seconding XCOM: EW, and furthermore with the Long War mod. The latest version has some additional options that alleviate some of the more arbitrary, RNG-driven "haha gently caress you" mechanics, and it can be tailored further with .ini tweaking. By default you will really, really have to plan your use of resources and make some tough choices between things to spend them on. But if you can keep your more experienced soldiers alive, they will grow into pretty sick murder machines that will mop the gently caress up.

In the vanilla game, if you just survive the earlier parts of the campaign it will pretty easily snowball into you facerolling everything with your squad of super-experienced murder gods, while Long War will keep throwing new curveballs at you all the way. Pick whichever option sounds more appealing.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Nordick posted:

Do remastered games count as recent? Because both the Metro Redux games are really cheap on Steam right now. (75% off individually, 80% off as a bundle, at the time of this post)

They're not open world nor do they have a female PC, but there's some weapon customization. I've heard the series called "The Russian Half-Life" and I must say this is not without merit. Both the original games are some of the better SP FPS games I've ever played, and the Redux versions oughta be even better with their new game features and sick-rear end graphics updates.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44169/

Thanks! I actually have these but only played a few levels in Metro 2033 Redux, I'll go back to it.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Please recommend me a sort-of-rogue-like or at-least-somewhat-random style game that is not too insanely hard, but has lots and lots to explore. I just finished Sunless Sea which was cool but needs more story paths, I liked FTL a ton, Rogue Legacy was meh, Don't Starve was great, Spelunky was fun. Any platform is fine.

Edit: Oh, I loved Binding of Issac too. Burned tons of time on that one.

Domus fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 23, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Domus posted:

Please recommend me a sort-of-rogue-like or at-least-somewhat-random style game that is not too insanely hard, but has lots and lots to explore. I just finished Sunless Sea which was cool but needs more story paths, I liked FTL a ton, Rogue Legacy was meh, Don't Starve was great, Spelunky was fun. Any platform is fine.

Tales of Maj'eyal? Pretty hard though so that's a nope, but OTOH it's free.

Dungeonmans maybe? Shovel Knight?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Domus posted:

Darkest Dungeon

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

I'm looking for an iPad game for my wife. I'm trying to wean her off candy crush clones. She's a fan of Catan-like board games and abstract puzzlers. Anything too sci-fi or fantasy is no go. Any suggestions?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Afriscipio posted:

I'm looking for an iPad game for my wife. I'm trying to wean her off candy crush clones. She's a fan of Catan-like board games and abstract puzzlers. Anything too sci-fi or fantasy is no go. Any suggestions?

You could get her Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Carsonne for her ipad!

Can someone recommend a game for me that does the whole "Stay in a place and defend" bit well? Something like Killing Floor, Sangfroid, or Sanctum but scales well for single player.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Afriscipio posted:

Slidetris is pretty good for a buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I've been playing Lufia 2 for the SNES and it has a sort of sidequest that's a 100 floor dungeon and each time you enter your party all become level 1 and you lose everything in your inventory. This sidequest is more entertaining than the actual game (which is saying something, since the game itself is pretty good too) since each run is so different depending on what equipment you pick up. It becomes a strategic game of trying to keep your party adequately equipped with just the stuff you find or get from enemy drops. You have to learn each enemy so you can judge in your mind if fighting it will be worth the experience or the risk outweighs the reward. It's amazing.

So I want another game like that. Here's exactly what I'm looking for:
1. Randomly generated dungeons with randomized treasures
2. Turn-based RPG battles
3. Gameplay based on single, long runs through the dungeon (I don't want some Japanese dungeon crawler where the point is to go in and out of the dungeon a million times until I've ground up enough to go down to the next level)

Please don't just recommend your favorite roguelike. I realize I'm almost describing a roguelike here but the key point is the turn-based RPG battles. I'm fairly sure most roguelikes don't have those.

I realize going into this that there may just not be another game with a setup exactly like that specific part of Lufia 2, but I figured I'd pick everyone's brains just in case it's out there somewhere.

Alternatively are there any action-RPGs with long randomly-generated dungeons? Besides the Dark Cloud series I mean?