Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Well Im never sad at all, but you know I gotta think that's probably due to all the chemicals pumping through my system at all times. Then again I am not able to think much either. So, I would answer no on this survey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
hello

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Life is meaningless and boring an d I am alone forever ok bye

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
child rearing is a reductive process; with every choice you make for your child, you deny them every other possibility

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

People who think they are depressed because they are "too smart" for the world are loving hilarious.
what anyone thinks doesn't matter. quit projecting

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

quakster posted:

child rearing is a reductive process; with every choice you make for your child, you deny them every other possibility

so deep im drownin~

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

guys, hey guys, imagine..... just imagine for a minute......... imagine that people who are depressed are not depressed because of chemical imbalances but because they see the world for what it truely is, without filters..... of any kind........... wow and imagine if this was true and its really the people who arent depressed who have it wrong..... whoh....

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
just wow thanks for sharing

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

np. were friends now

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
how does this thread make you feel?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
lack of alcohol due to dieting

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

School Nickname posted:

lack of alcohol due to dieting

Wanna get my drink on or finally get rid of excess weight. It's not fair to make this choice .

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lonesomedwarf posted:

guys, hey guys, imagine..... just imagine for a minute......... imagine that people who are depressed are not depressed because of chemical imbalances but because they see the world for what it truely is, without filters..... of any kind........... wow and imagine if this was true and its really the people who arent depressed who have it wrong..... whoh....
retarded child logic is v. good, would read again

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i red too many of your lovely threads op far too many

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

mowing the yard.

I know this emotion.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Human life must be some kind of mistake. The truth of this will be sufficiently obvious if we only remember that man is a compound of needs and necessities hard to satisfy; and that even when they are satisfied, all he obtains is a state of painlessness, where nothing remains to him but abandonment to boredom. This is direct proof that existence has no real value in itself; for what is boredom but the feeling of the emptiness of life? If life — the craving for which is the very essence of our being — were possessed of any positive intrinsic value, there would be no such thing as boredom at all: mere existence would satisfy us in itself, and we should want for nothing. But as it is, we take no delight in existence except when we are struggling for something; and then distance and difficulties to be overcome make our goal look as though it would satisfy us — an illusion which vanishes when we reach it; or else when we are occupied with some purely intellectual interest — when in reality we have stepped forth from life to look upon it from the outside, much after the manner of spectators at a play. And even sensual pleasure itself means nothing but a struggle and aspiration, ceasing the moment its aim is attained. Whenever we are not occupied in one of these ways, but cast upon existence itself, its vain and worthless nature is brought home to us; and this is what we mean by boredom. The hankering after what is strange and uncommon — an innate and ineradicable tendency of human nature — shows how glad we are at any interruption of that natural course of affairs which is so very tedious.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Then again, how insatiable a creature is man! Every satisfaction he attains lays the seeds of some new desire, so that there is no end to the wishes of each individual will. And why is this? The real reason is simply that, taken in itself, Will is the lord of all worlds: everything belongs to it, and therefore no one single thing can ever give it satisfaction, but only the whole, which is endless. For all that, it must rouse our sympathy to think how very little the Will, this lord of the world, really gets when it takes the form of an individual; usually only just enough to keep the body together. This is why man is so very miserable.

Life presents itself chiefly as a task — the task, I mean, of subsisting at all, gagner sa vie. If this is accomplished, life is a burden, and then there comes the second task of doing something with that which has been won — of warding off boredom, which, like a bird of prey, hovers over us, ready to fall wherever it sees a life secure from need. The first task is to win something; the second, to banish the feeling that it has been won; otherwise it is a burden.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

He who lives to see two or three generations is like a man who sits some time in the conjurer’s booth at a fair, and witnesses the performance twice or thrice in succession. The tricks were meant to be seen only once; and when they are no longer a novelty and cease to deceive, their effect is gone.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

because Waka Flocka went from yelling over trap music to yelling over edm beats and its very depressing

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's hilarious how easy it is to forget how feeling good feels when you're down and how dismissive you can be when you're up. That feeling of relief when you're a traffic ticket away from opening an artery that an evocative smell of freshly cut grass in spring brings (drat, I used to do stuff, with people) is same kind of myopic blindness that lets you laugh at pathetic tumblrs (who could be so loving pathetic?).

Can you have one without the other? Yes. Yes you can. gently caress you well adjusted, happy people.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Ocean Book posted:

Human life must be some kind of mistake. The truth of this will be sufficiently obvious if we only remember that man is a compound of needs and necessities hard to satisfy; and that even when they are satisfied, all he obtains is a state of painlessness, where nothing remains to him but abandonment to boredom. This is direct proof that existence has no real value in itself; for what is boredom but the feeling of the emptiness of life? If life — the craving for which is the very essence of our being — were possessed of any positive intrinsic value, there would be no such thing as boredom at all: mere existence would satisfy us in itself, and we should want for nothing. But as it is, we take no delight in existence except when we are struggling for something; and then distance and difficulties to be overcome make our goal look as though it would satisfy us — an illusion which vanishes when we reach it; or else when we are occupied with some purely intellectual interest — when in reality we have stepped forth from life to look upon it from the outside, much after the manner of spectators at a play. And even sensual pleasure itself means nothing but a struggle and aspiration, ceasing the moment its aim is attained. Whenever we are not occupied in one of these ways, but cast upon existence itself, its vain and worthless nature is brought home to us; and this is what we mean by boredom. The hankering after what is strange and uncommon — an innate and ineradicable tendency of human nature — shows how glad we are at any interruption of that natural course of affairs which is so very tedious.

getting this tattooed in a swirling pattern around my stomach and going into my belly button

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

A boy leaning against a tree with his sister looking up at him

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

killmeimmafailure posted:

Wrong

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's tits you fuckin fag

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
I feel great! But most people here are sad because they believe they live in a dark and uncaring world devoid of purpose, in which they must slave away for a hopeless outcome, and lack the ability to form lasting and healthy human relationships based on real expression of the inner soul.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

killmeimmafailure posted:

the boy is leaning against an ancient alien

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Kyrie eleison posted:

I feel great! But most people here are sad because they believe they live in a dark and uncaring world devoid of purpose, in which they must slave away for a hopeless outcome, and lack the ability to form lasting and healthy human relationships based on real expression of the inner soul.

stop lying on the some thing awful forums please, this is a place for sharing and real talk only

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Kyrie eleison posted:

whatcha been up to?

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Ocean Book posted:

whatcha been up to?

Just D&D posting, and posting elsewhere, and reading weird internet sites and watching weird youtubes, and working at my job I enjoy, and spending time with or calling family, and going out with friends for drinks, and hanging out with some special friends online, and spending lots of quality time doing things by myself either at home or away, and exercising and having a healthy but satisfying diet, and reading the Bible and sometimes other books, and going to church and sometimes confession, and having a great time with my church community, and making sure to give a few dollars and a smile here and there to people on the street, which is all very enjoyable really.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Kyrie eleison posted:

Just D&D posting, and posting elsewhere, and reading weird internet sites and watching weird youtubes, and working at my job I enjoy, and spending time with or calling family, and going out with friends for drinks, and hanging out with some special friends online, and spending lots of quality time doing things by myself either at home or away, and exercising and having a healthy but satisfying diet, and reading the Bible and sometimes other books, and going to church and sometimes confession, and having a great time with my church community, and making sure to give a few dollars and a smile here and there to people on the street, which is all very enjoyable really.

stop lying on the forums please

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Kyrie eleison posted:

can I have a few dollars please

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Kyrie eleison posted:

can i be your special internet friend too i have a bible in front of me. it is the king james version with the old and new testament inside. it has all the words in it and each page turns properly when you want it to. i havent read it but i bought it with my own, real money. it is here in the same room as me and i can read it any time, but i havent got around to it yet..... or should i say..... HEAVENT got around to it! ha ha, thats a little joke only bible readers will understand. but seriously we are friends now

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im reall. v lonely and needy and am up for talking to anyone about anything. i am so lonely i love it when telemarketers ring. i didnt think they could hang up on you but apparently they can

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im so lonely i go door to door to ask people how they are and to show off my spinning bow-tie

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

seriously though v lonely and demanding and judgemental and passive-aggressive here

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
im a gay tranny juggalo

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
From living in a third world country that masquerades as a first world country.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

A horned tree god watching imperiously, and each side of its head is a foetus with its arms folded, gazing sullenly at its ghostly twin to which it is connected by the tail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the real answer to the op's question lies in cause and effect. figure out exactly what happened and you'll know why things are the way they are

example: a fat, breaded man lies dead in his apartment. the already decomposing corpse is covered in crumbs and holding a video game controller. in front of it is an xbox one and a television. why is this?

too many doritos

• Locked thread