Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Samfucius posted:

I am the field medic for the knights, I have a 2-shot ability to protect two people in one night. I used it N1 to protect Merk and Yuming and then decided to save it until late game.

You know, as fakeclaims go, this is a pretty creative one, although I guess it would have to be.

Did you breadcrumb this at any point? Seems like the kind of role you'd want to breadcrumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

##vote Samfucius

I am pretty sure it's you, and with five alive and almost definitely one scum left, even if it's hiip we can afford one mislynch.

Thanks for confirming 100yrs with that claim though.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
No, I didn't. I generally don't.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Look Under The Rock posted:

##vote Samfucius

I am pretty sure it's you, and with five alive and almost definitely one scum left, even if it's hiip we can afford one mislynch.

Thanks for confirming 100yrs with that claim though.

I feel like I confirmed him as a tracker, nothing else.

Though I still think it is Hiip.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Samfucius posted:

I am the field medic for the knights, I have a 2-shot ability to protect two people in one night. I used it N1 to protect Merk and Yuming and then decided to save it until late game.

Field medic? We had two doctor/cleric's in the game so far + a scum faith healer. A town jailor and now another protective role? At some point it's a bit much. I was banking more on like a sort arsonist deal where you visit a bunch of people and a some point or another they die.

Why'd you track yuming? I imagine she went no where, that was my result on her the one time I did.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

I feel like I confirmed him as a tracker, nothing else.

Though I still think it is Hiip.

Make a case

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I didn't track yuming?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It was directed to Lutr sorry. We have to be down to 1 scum right? Considering the size of the game and the SK we've lost. Also I wish yuming would chime in from her camping trip. I fear we've lost her.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I am literally walking out the door to work.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Why'd you track yuming? I imagine she went no where, that was my result on her the one time I did.

Samfucius posted:

I didn't track yuming?

He was talking to me.

I tracked yuming because she's been my dark horse pick for scum since she stopped being as active as she was early game, and because she didn't go anywhere on a night with no claimed protections and no kill.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Haha, if yuming wins a scumgame because she went camping and we just kinda forgot about her that would be the funniest thing.

Not happening, but your dark horse comment put the image in my head.

Okay clocking in now, see you in a couple hours.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

And do we do about the fact that there was no kill tonight? Maybe Sam did protect someone? Or someone else is protecting or simply put the scum are with holding from killing for some reason. In my last ecco game, where I was scum, we had a hit man that, if we with held the kill for 1 night maybe 2 would give him a day kill. I don't know which of the two options, extra doc vs. modified night kill, I'm more willing to believe at this point but I'm leaning the latter.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hiip you directly asked:

HiipFire posted:

so give them to us????

So what do you make of them?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

And do we do about the fact that there was no kill tonight? Maybe Sam did protect someone? Or someone else is protecting or simply put the scum are with holding from killing for some reason. In my last ecco game, where I was scum, we had a hit man that, if we with held the kill for 1 night maybe 2 would give him a day kill. I don't know which of the two options, extra doc vs. modified night kill, I'm more willing to believe at this point but I'm leaning the latter.

Why not both?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Didn't think that could be a possibility but I suppose it could be. I've tracked everyone left in the game alive except for Lutr. The others never moved on their nights and I don't think they move period. The most reasonable thing for a 2 tracker game would be a ninja on the scum team, so even tracking them wouldn't work.

Samfucius posted:

I have some thoughts on your claim that I need to look into. You didn't bat an eye with Bottles claims of being a healer. You'd think as one yourself you'd of counterclaimed? Plus, you were defending him over exakt (well not much of a defense but still)

Samfucius posted:

I came in to this day still thinking hiip, but yeah, who doesn't protect.

##vote bk

Samfucius posted:

If I have to choose scum between bottle and exakt, it is definitely EXAKT.

I just really empathise with the new job thing.

##vote exakt

Plus this seems hypocritical because you could only protect twice and chose to do so early and as you say now 'late-game'. So who protected the day before? Not you clearly. Also why was that not late game?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ninja makes sense. You know what else makes sense in a tracker/doc heavy game? Bus driver.

You know what our night two results implies? Bus driver.

You know what other role besides "doc two people in one night" targets two people in one night? Bus driver.

I know I've been yelling about this for DAYS now but for real, it makes so much sense and the apathy this suggestion has been met with is truly baffling to me.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Plus this seems hypocritical because you could only protect twice and chose to do so early and as you say now 'late-game'. So who protected the day before? Not you clearly. Also why was that not late game?

Also: any town healer wants to use their ability early game because they could be nightkilled at any point. "saving" an ability with a limited number of shots is a scum move as they are more likely to be able to head off their own death.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I an just on a break so I don't have time to answer all questions, but why would the last scum bus drive when a nk would put things at lylo?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

I an just on a break so I don't have time to answer all questions, but why would the last scum bus drive when a nk would put things at lylo?

they knew they'd probably be tracked, so using a non-lethal ability would be more prudent if they wanted even a slight chance of living through the day?

I mean there are two confirmed trackers in thread. If you're not a ninja you hold your kill at this point.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Okay, second question, why would they bus two townies? What does bussing even do with a bunch of trackers? Bussing is something you do to cops.

Your idea doesn't make sense.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Hiip is once again lurking, hoping town kills each other and does his work for him.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

Okay, second question, why would they bus two townies? What does bussing even do with a bunch of trackers? Bussing is something you do to cops.

Your idea doesn't make sense.

Yes it does, bussing is something you do to LITERALLY ANY power roles to gently caress with their night actions. Come on Sam.

Like if you want to defend right now, think of any other way MERK of all players died by his own hand.

100yrs, Hiip, is there some reason you're holding your vote?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

Hiip is once again lurking, hoping town kills each other and does his work for him.

Sam is once again tunneling on hiip, going for the easiest case in the game besides him.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

There are basically three viable scum at this point: myself, yuming, and Hiip. I know it is not me and yuming seems very unlikely. This isn't rocket science. I still don't see what a bus driver does to a tracker, or why a bus driver wouldn't target themselves and a tracker. I guess confusion is possible but it doesn't seem to do anything.

If I were scum I think I would just try to kill a tracker, I really don't see where bussing gets much here. The bus is likely to be tracked anyways, I would think scum would just do nothing at all.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

There are basically three viable scum at this point: myself, yuming, and Hiip. I know it is not me and yuming seems very unlikely. This isn't rocket science. I still don't see what a bus driver does to a tracker, or why a bus driver wouldn't target themselves and a tracker. I guess confusion is possible but it doesn't seem to do anything.

If I were scum I think I would just try to kill a tracker, I really don't see where bussing gets much here. The bus is likely to be tracked anyways, I would think scum would just do nothing at all.

If you kill one tracker and the other tracks you, then you're hosed.
If you bus two players you can come up with a wacky fakeclaim that sounds a lot like yours.

It's interesting to me that your three viable scum does not include 100yrs, but earlier you made a point of mentioning that he is not confirmed. Where do you stand on 100yrs and why?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yes it does, bussing is something you do to LITERALLY ANY power roles to gently caress with their night actions. Come on Sam.

Like if you want to defend right now, think of any other way MERK of all players died by his own hand.

100yrs, Hiip, is there some reason you're holding your vote?

No not really. We have a lot of time till deadline and I wanted my questions answered but they really weren't. Bottles did the same thing. ##vote samfucius

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Sorry, I was busy at work.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Didn't think that could be a possibility but I suppose it could be. I've tracked everyone left in the game alive except for Lutr. The others never moved on their nights and I don't think they move period. The most reasonable thing for a 2 tracker game would be a ninja on the scum team, so even tracking them wouldn't work.

I have some thoughts on your claim that I need to look into. You didn't bat an eye with Bottles claims of being a healer. You'd think as one yourself you'd of counterclaimed? Plus, you were defending him over exakt (well not much of a defense but still)

I didn't counterclaim because we already had so many healers, I kinda had a pet feeling that this game was a bunch of healers. I wasn't sure how that was balanced but it was an interesting setup. After D1's flips I was prepared to see a lot of healers.

I have no.idea who protected the day before. I was trying to play it by ear.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

I have no.idea who protected the day before. I was trying to play it by ear.

It's almost impossible that anyone protected. I'm pretty sure that you and me and 100yrs are the only power roles left in the game. Yuming has consistently not moved at night. Hiip didn't move the night he was tracked. Bottle claimed that he did not use his protective ability.

The explanation that makes the most sense is that the one scum left is using a non-lethal ability so they won't be tracked to a kill, or is withholding their night action entirely. Having two living trackers this late in the game is a pretty bad situation for any living scum. If I were in their shoes I wouldn't kill either.

You confirmed 100yrs as a tracker, so we can at least trust his role if not necessarily his alignment. You also confirmed him as truthful to this point.

That means the one power role question mark left in the game is you, and I don't trust your claim.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah that claim is pretty bullshit, I thought it was gonna be some kind of Ecco Cop thing but that's one weird rear end claim.

##vote Sam

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:redhammer:

The Knights surround Sam and start beating him with sticks and stones. They tie a rope around his neck and begin pulling, harder and harder, until Sam falls to the ground, limp and lifeless. ...Or so they thought. Sam then twitches, stands up quickly, and yawns. He unties the rope him his neck nonchalantly and says "boy I'm tired, I'm gonna hit the hay early." He proceeds to his tent and within a few minutes is snoring loudly.

The town has failed to execute anyone this day!

Night actions!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Another night without a death and the Knights are getting worried. What could this all mean?

Nobody died again during the night huh weird dot dot dot or is it??

It is now Day 6.
:h: 5 alive, 3 to execute
:d: Day 6 deadline: Tuesday, June 30th, ~11PM EDT.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah okay so uhh

##vote Samfucius

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Tracked Sam to Hiipfire, 100yrs and me.

I'm gonna vote him but I REALLY wanna hear him

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
he'll probably just scumclaim

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

HiipFire posted:

he'll probably just scumclaim

I know, I can't wait

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm back Sam is tote scum yay go town :sparkles:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Yeah I was also 1-shot lynch/bulletproof.

I have no idea what LUTR is doing now, my role isn't that crazy. Why the gently caress are you making up this result?

##vote lutr

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tracked Sam to Hiipfire, 100yrs and me.

I'm gonna vote him but I REALLY wanna hear him

Samfucius posted:

I have no idea what LUTR is doing now, my role isn't that crazy. Why the gently caress are you making up this result?

##vote lutr

She's not. She definitely tracked you last night. What she saw I can't verify but for anyone who was any doubt about her role I don't think you should be anymore.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

##vote lutr

There we go.

Why in the hell would you not claim this yesterday? oh right because you're scum.

Let's wrap this up bros ##vote Samfucius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Sam

• Locked thread