Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It would, but there should definitely be a movelist available for the game online with less than 5 mins of googling.

I tried that already, without success. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to take five minutes out of your day for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FredMSloniker posted:

I tried that already, without success. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to take five minutes out of your day for me?

Can't get to certain websites, etc but some phone searching leads to the fantastic result that no one seems to have written down a list. Frankly, I'm stunned and I apologize for my previous post, as I can't seem to understand how such a list available online is non-existant.

This wiki page/list has plenty of moves that should be in the game, minus some finishers and rarer(?) or lesser known stuff.

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Professional_wrestling_moves

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the Prima Guide has a move list, but who knows if even they will put in that effort.

Next chance I get, I'll try to get the move list in 2k15 which should be similar.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

IGgy IGsen posted:

It is a Nightmare.
No matter how much he loses, I'll always write him as taking himself and his chest super seriously.

:getin:

Though if you have submissions turned off he's probably gonna get kinda chumped. His horrifying winning streak was very much based on how broken that system is.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Not sure if this is what you wanted, I focused on the normal human part. Having him wear camo could mean you want him to be more soldier like, but a normal human, which you specified, also can wear that stuff. Lemme know if you want any adjustments to be made. Change clothes or the pattern on clothes is relatively simple in most cases.
I imagine he's a Mark who just happens to be at shows and beats up wrestlers he doesn't like.

PERFECT. :allears:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Guys. Please don't submit entire movelists to me. Making those is a chore. What I do is pick a preset movelists that fits and change a few here and there. If there's one or two or you want a certain type of moves that's fine. But anything more will result in me spending way too much time on it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Match Card for this Saturday. There's a non zero chance I'll have to cancel it. But I'll post in this here thread informing you of that, should that become the case.

#1 Buscus Title Match
BFC vs. Zore
BFC has to fight here because got knocked out by an injured IGgy

#2 Kawaii Number 1 Contender Match
Eeevil vs. Cutie McFluffybottom (Rara)
I mean, John Cena won a match before but it'd be unfair to not give Rara a chance here, she has some history with Aurora after all

#3 Tag Team Match
kalonZombie and Heavenator vs. Face and Dash Rendar

#4 One on One
Jobbo Fett vs. JamieTheD

#5 One on One
Quantum Crayons vs. Pomp

#6 LP Superstar Title Match
Nuffkins vs. anilEhilated

I also got something to discuss:
I was thinking of giving the championship belts more of a gimmick. I mean, the LP Superstar Belt and the LPFWA Championship are practically indistinguishable. The main difference being that LPFWA Championship matches are hyped up more. I'm not thinking anything major here, just differences in rules. And no, I will not turn submissions off. They don't occur often enough to really qualify as overpowered (not up to date but the point stands). They are another way to win a match as far as I'm concerned. If submissions do turn out to be too powerful after all and we were lucky so far I'll turn down everyone's submission stat significantly before foregoing submissions completely. With that out of the way: I suggested 2 out of 3 falls for the LPFWA title match during the stream but for some reason people were opposed to it. The idea of 2 out of 3 is basically to make sure that a win isn't pure luck. Iron Man would have the same effect but I don't want super long matches to allow for that.

Another thing I'd want your opinion on is Money in the Bank. For that purpose I have a poll ready: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=558d18fbe4b0220f9089c3cf
I personally think Money in the Bank is a poo poo idea. Be it in a fake forums wrestling league or in WWE.
For those not in the know: Mr. Money in the Bank is determined by a Money in the Bank match (six man ladder match). The winner gets a briefcase they can cash in at any time to get a shot at any championship belt they want (usually the LPFWA / World Championship belt). Last time we did that BFC contacted me in the middle of the show to let me know he wanted to cash in. Since I don't have every single one of you on skype this would be very unfair and I could not allow actual spontaneous cash-ins. It all has to be scripted. Which means there's a chance people will get mad at me for not making X cash in at some opportunity. On the other hand I could allow cash-ins in the stream chat. In any case this can ruin other things I've planned. That's why I think it's a horrible idea. But if you want it regardless you totally can let me know.

Also: The dice dictated for the Title Match to be a Cage Match, I'm glad I forgot that because what we got was good. I trust that no one is mad at me for ignoring the dice.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I vote Hell In A Cell.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Or TLC match.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

#6 LP Superstar Title Match
Nuffkins vs. anilEhilated
Not that I'm complaining, but wasn't that supposed to be Palpatine? Redemption by revenge!

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 26, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Palpy lost! Take that you lousy space wizard mutha fucka! Thou shalt not harass Dash Rendar any longer!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Yeah, even Emperor Palpatine succumbed to the Nuffster. You're next.

(Mainly it was you or owl because you both made it to the semifinals but lost.)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Hey IGgy, I know Mehuyael only showed up in like one fight, but will it be okay to maybe reinvent his image once you have the free time? I kind of want to be able to want my guy to win, and also because of using it way too long after I got tired of it I'd rather not see the name Mehuyael anymore.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, an aryan ubermensch called Zanzibar Ham has some potential.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

I don't know, an aryan ubermensch called Zanzibar Ham has some potential.

The problem is that I imagined him as the worst of Israel (not hard to imagine that), so if I see him in a match then I hope he loses.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Hey IGgy, I know Mehuyael only showed up in like one fight, but will it be okay to maybe reinvent his image once you have the free time? I kind of want to be able to want my guy to win, and also because of using it way too long after I got tired of it I'd rather not see the name Mehuyael anymore.

Yeah, feel free ot think of a new gimmick. If it's not just a gimmick change but something very different I can put Mehuyael under a bus, or he can suddenly leave, proclaiming that his planet needs him.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
You'd think submissions should be turned off if you lost your only two appearances via them! :argh:

Money In The Bank, as fun as the idea is, would be an absolute horror to try and implement the way LPFWA is set up. Let's not make that mistake.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Is Johnny Bravo

Decided on something just a tad less shallow personality-wise.

Name: Zanzibar Ham
Your Twitter: N/A
Appearance: A cave man (e: to be more precise, a mixture of Captain Caveman and Conan the Barbarian)
Type: Mix Heavy Hitter & Grappler
Signature Moves: Dino Might, The Wheel
Finishing Move(s): You Must Fall 40K BC
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_T9lmapvDw
Hometown / Country: Pangea
Announcer Name: Roy Murphy
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Actually very highly educated, uses wrestling as a platform to advocate for Caveman Rights. Gets annoyed when people mistake him for an MRA.

e: I've changed the entrance music like a billion times by now, but this is the last time, I swear!

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 20, 2015

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Hokay, tomorrow I won't be able to stream because of... ugh... my friends ugh ugh.
How horrible ugh.
So this weeks show will happen next week instead. Unless I spontaneously develop plans for next week too, of course.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

Hokay, tomorrow I won't be able to stream because of... ugh... my friends ugh ugh.
How horrible ugh.
So this weeks show will happen next week instead. Unless I spontaneously develop plans for next week too, of course.

At least you're postponing it for a positive reason rather than the usual reasons LPers have to postpone things.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Yeah. Doing social stuff is way better than catching JAIDS and having your capture card melt or something.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Or your shoulder.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
So what was people's problem with the two out of three falls idea?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Eeevil posted:

So what was people's problem with the two out of three falls idea?

I can't speak for anyone else, but for my part, I figured it'd just make the match take longer. (Also, there's that thing where every real professional wrestling 'two out of three' match has each guy get one pin super fast, making the gimmick meaningless, but that probably doesn't apply to the game.) And I figured the important thing was to have a champion, not who it was necessarily. That said, I'm okay with future title matches being two out of three.

Raramuffin
Nov 28, 2013

cupcake party!!
Oh, rad! Thanks for giving me another shot at the title Iggz. After all, how could a wrestler with the name Cutie not be the Kawaii champion. It's basically my destiny. :3

Totally psyched to see Alex in a match, too! The power of Scotland makes him unbeatable!! (almost)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

And here we have some new entrances. Including some tag entrances.
Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJNaxiTTLW0

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

Are all those entrances based on real ones? I'm asking especially about the last tag-team entrance.

ne: though this can also be about a whole bunch of other entrances shown previously

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

IGgy IGsen posted:

All of those are exquisite.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Are all those entrances based on real ones? I'm asking especially about the last tag-team entrance.

ne: though this can also be about a whole bunch of other entrances shown previously

Pretty sure they're all built from parts from actual WWE ring entrances; the DivineCoffeeBinge CAW's entrance is essentially The Ultimate Warrior's run-up to the ring followed by (I think) Lita's pose on the turnbuckles. Action Shakespeare's freakish monstrosity has Randy Orton's entrance (e: as does Dr. Rath, interestingly enough!).

E2: I don't recall who Kalon & Heavenator's entrance is based on (also, how are the zombie and angel team not called The Afterlife?), but I know I've seen it.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 28, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Pretty sure they're all built from parts from actual WWE ring entrances; the DivineCoffeeBinge CAW's entrance is essentially The Ultimate Warrior's run-up to the ring followed by (I think) Lita's pose on the turnbuckles. Action Shakespeare's freakish monstrosity has Randy Orton's entrance (e: as does Dr. Rath, interestingly enough!).

After asking that I checked youtube for wrestling entrances and saw even crazier stuff, so I'm more than willing to believe these are all real.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Chickenhead's entrance is way too loving perfect for that dance he has on :allears:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

FinalGamer posted:

Chickenhead's entrance is way too loving perfect for that dance he has on :allears:

Pretty sure that's just straight up Ravishing Rick Ride's entrance.

It is beautiful.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I love how Kalon and Heavenator look like they're trying to outdo one another in silliness.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
If I could make a request for my wrestler's entrance when he's finished, the one thing I think would best fit his style of being obnoxiously gaudy would be to include all the pyrotechnics available, and as much exuberant showboating as possible.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Sure, just add it to your original post so I don't forget. I'm honestly not sure if I accidentally skipped you, I can't seem to find you in my txt file that just lists what page to find who on.

FinalGamer posted:

He was the face of LPFWA for a while because of that.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
My individual entrance and the tag team entrance are absolutely fantastic, thank you.

anilEhilated posted:

I love how Kalon and Heavenator look like they're trying to outdo one another in silliness.

This is entirely accurate.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

The Heavenator posted:

This is entirely accurate.

Of both the entrance AND our friendship.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

IGgy IGsen posted:

Sure, just add it to your original post so I don't forget. I'm honestly not sure if I accidentally skipped you, I can't seem to find you in my txt file that just lists what page to find who on.

You haven't skipped me, because you haven't gotten to Sloniker yet and he's the guy right after me. But here's a link to the freshly-edited post, if you can't find it in your files.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Action Shakespeare's freakish monstrosity has Randy Orton's entrance (e: as does Dr. Rath, interestingly enough!).

Haha, yeah. I was gonna give him the sparklers one but I saved that for if when he gets a belt.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I figure I'm in the back of the line so I don't really need to do this, but just note I made some "minor" changes to my replacement character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

So I'd planned on doing LPFWA today at the usual time. Then Schir told me it's some kinda independence day today. Which apparently is a big deal in the US? I hear there's explosions and drinking and bald eagles. Also flags. Not a fan of flags, but I like explosions and drinking. I'm neutral towards bald eagles.

I still plan on doing LPFWA today, though, but we may be fewer people. And I may have to rope in some non US commentators depending on whether or not the Americans I usually commentate with are True Patriots (tm) or Communist Vikings (tm)

Unless otherwise stated please assume that the stream is gonna happen at the usual time.

I've been a little busy this week so I didn't really get to make new CAWs or anything, but those that I introduced in my last post now have movesets and entrances at least.

• Locked thread