Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need 14 more Riddler things and the green informants seem to have stopped spawning. I'm screwed if they don't right? The riddles don't trigger unless they're on the map. The trophies and breakable things are doable without being marked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

plape tickler posted:

I need 14 more Riddler things and the green informants seem to have stopped spawning. I'm screwed if they don't right? The riddles don't trigger unless they're on the map. The trophies and breakable things are doable without being marked.

No, the riddles will trigger without being on a map, because Riddlr will yell them at you whwnever you enter the right area. The only one he won't yell at you for is also the one where it doesn\t have a map indicator, mainly cause its the Batmobile.

Also, was I the only one a little creeped out that Riddler had somehow managed to break into the Clock Tower and the main Batcomputer area? He's not supposed to be competent enough to do that.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Some of the small Joker conversations are kinda funny, like when Batman is closing a vault with a Joker inside, and as the screen pans away there's another Joker standing there, saying "Phew, wouldn't like to be that guy!". Got a hearty chuckle out of me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

a cop posted:

im sorry :cry: i dont click any non-youtube links..

I blame Prince for not letting his stuff go up on youtube because he's insane.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I blame Prince for not letting his stuff go up on youtube because he's insane.

The fact that it's not Prince under that helmet makes me even more disappointed by the Arkham Knight's identity.

Ending question: Is the 100% ending the extra bit with HellBat rescuing the Not-Waynes? Because that was corny as all hell. And I normally love corny superhero stuff!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Fulchrum posted:

You don't need to disable any tanks. Any checkpoint where they have those guns inside the area has a way for you to launch the Batmobile in to just blow them up.

There are at least 2 where you do need this.

One was outside the clock tower which seemed a bit buggy to be honest because I took out a few unarmed guards including a commander with a beacon, but taking him out didn't lower any barriers. Right next to him was the actual checkpoint with no means of entry for the bat mobile.

Another was more clear cut, 2 drone tanks, armed guards and the only entrance in (without just climbing over the wall) was a vent underneath them.

Setting those tanks to blow takes out the majority of guys around it while your fear takedown handles the other couple of guards on the other side. If it wasn't designed for that solution, it's one hell of a coincidence that it goes down so smoothly.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
You know, I would love to play an over-the-top, pop art, brightly colored, corny as heck, Batman '66 game. Adam West is still alive to do the voice and I'm sure Burt Ward has nothing better to do.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kin posted:

One was outside the clock tower which seemed a bit buggy to be honest because I took out a few unarmed guards including a commander with a beacon, but taking him out didn't lower any barriers. Right next to him was the actual checkpoint with no means of entry for the bat mobile.

Another was more clear cut, 2 drone tanks, armed guards and the only entrance in (without just climbing over the wall) was a vent underneath them.

Setting those tanks to blow takes out the majority of guys around it while your fear takedown handles the other couple of guards on the other side. If it wasn't designed for that solution, it's one hell of a coincidence that it goes down so smoothly.
The actual solution for the latter is you're supposed to hack the door controls, then you can just roll in and blast everything.

Can't remember how to do it for the first one, but I remember it was there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm so tired of APCs. So tired of APCs... so zzzzz of batmobile.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Crowetron posted:

The fact that it's not Prince under that helmet makes me even more disappointed by the Arkham Knight's identity.

Ending question: Is the 100% ending the extra bit with HellBat rescuing the Not-Waynes? Because that was corny as all hell. And I normally love corny superhero stuff!

Yes on the ending thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, this is certain something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzD4gpSR26k

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I want him to drive the batmobile down that hole.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

happened to me a few times.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There's this one time when Azrael becomes Batman where Gordon's in the middle of a conversation with him, turns around for a moment, and then looks back up to see that Batman is still there.

It scares the poo poo out of him just as badly.

If I'm not mistaken that's the point where Jim realizes something is seriously wrong with "Batman" and it must be a different guy.

Kin posted:

Need isn't the word. It's easier with the disruptor, but you don't need it. I had a 100% save file and didn't pick up that upgrade until NG+.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Found an annoying bug. A couple of days ago I unlocked the prerequisite for a couple of ar challenges by advancing the story, but I shut the game down before trying to properly unlock them. Next time I loaded the pre reqs weren't unlocked and I never got the opportunity to unlock them again, making 2 ar challenges completely unavailable even though I've now 100%'d the game.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

This happened to me once on PS4 after having to reload a few times with particularly tough checkpoint. Luckily, I was able to grapple out of it and didn't have to restore a save.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Fuuuck, I suck so bad at the Deathstroke boss fight. I loving rocked the first cloudburst boss fight, but now a few days later with fully upgraded batmobile, I... I just can't do it. :negative:

I'll get down to one other tank, and then I'll get stuck trying to make a getaway on a wall* and completely blow it.

* I actually got stuck on the last loving tank one try.

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 30, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A hacked tank almost killed deathstroke solo in my game.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
There's still some memory leak going on post patch, if not that something, cause now it takes longer to start choking like it did before, now I can at least play for a bit before having to restart.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Every time I save a firefighter, the game goes to hell--the onscreen action/dialogue starts getting really sluggish, and the VO finishes up long before the video. I don't think I've had a fireman's outfit texture finish loading once before the rescue sequences finish, either. Something grinds the game to a crawl every single time. Dumb firemen.

Also, one thing happened last night I thoroughly enjoyed. I get a warning that a fireman is being guarded by a whole bunch of armed thugs, and Alfred tells me to be careful.
:plow Batmobile through the lot of them, take out the one remaining stray mook with suppression round:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 30, 2015

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Knuc U Kinte posted:

A hacked tank almost killed deathstroke solo in my game.

I'm interested in knowing more. I totally forgot that I have poo poo like the EMP. How do you hack a Cobra Drone? Power winch or something?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mogomra posted:

I'm interested in knowing more. I totally forgot that I have poo poo like the EMP. How do you hack a Cobra Drone? Power winch or something?

Hold down Y when driving behind one. You need 2 special bars to pull it off though.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
So if Joker infected Batman with his deadly blood in City which just about killed him in the game.

Then you had a bunch of random people who had been infected at about the same time who lived for like a year without issue?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Here's how I saw the Joker blood thing: Batman cured himself at the end of City. When he discovered the other infected, their sickness had already manifested in them. batman made a cage for himself out of fear that he too would become like them. When he got hit with fear toxin, he literally started believing he would become a Joker...blah blah blah events of the game happen, he overcomes that fear in the final encounter with Scarecrow.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Alos, Joker lived for some time with the sickness. I dunno why it almost killed Batman, but I remember maybe Alfred saying that his exertions where making the sickness spread faster, which is why he almost died in one night.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Alos, Joker lived for some time with the sickness. I dunno why it almost killed Batman, but I remember maybe Alfred saying that his exertions where making the sickness spread faster, which is why he almost died in one night.

I'm guessing Joker has some huge chemical immunities since he tests all his toxins and stuff on himself

Punk Blood
Jan 8, 2008

The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

ayn rand hand job posted:

So if Joker infected Batman with his deadly blood in City which just about killed him in the game.

Then you had a bunch of random people who had been infected at about the same time who lived for like a year without issue?

Yeah, didn't understand that. He drank half of the only cure, and dropped the other half on the floor. Freeze was pretty clear that he couldn't make any more.

Just chalked it up to comic book/video game logic. They had to get the Joker in this one somehow.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Joker did specify that he pumped like a ridiculous amount into Bats in a very short period of time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Here's how I saw the Joker blood thing: Batman cured himself at the end of City. When he discovered the other infected, their sickness had already manifested in them. batman made a cage for himself out of fear that he too would become like them. When he got hit with fear toxin, he literally started believing he would become a Joker...blah blah blah events of the game happen, he overcomes that fear in the final encounter with Scarecrow.

I would like to think that to, but the game goes out of its way to show he had physical changes too

And also if he had a cure why the gently caress didn't he use it in the people as well.

Ugh. I know I shouldn't try to dissect bad comic book writing but I can't help myself.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I would like to think that to, but the game goes out of its way to show he had physical changes too

And also if he had a cure why the gently caress didn't he use it in the people as well.

Ugh. I know I shouldn't try to dissect bad comic book writing but I can't help myself.

He didn't have a cure, Joker broke the last existing vial of it when he jumped on Bats in Arkham City's ending. When Batman is talking to Mr. Freeze about it when he actually makes it in the first place, Freeze specifies that the vials he makes and puts in the safe are the only ones he can make. And since Ra's is dead by the time the end of Arkham City happens, Batman doesn't have another chance to extract his juicy Al Ghul lifeforce to get a shot at making another one.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 30, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Regarding the ending, did Scarecrow unknowingly allow Batman to defeat the joker hallucination by injecting him with the fear serum when Joker was in control? The last hallucination sequence seems to be focused on the worst fears of the Joker, not Batman/Bruce.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Regarding the ending, did Scarecrow unknowingly allow Batman to defeat the joker hallucination by injecting him with the fear serum when Joker was in control? The last hallucination sequence seems to be focused on the worst fears of the Joker, not Batman/Bruce.
Any time Joker is standing where Batman would be in a cutscene, I think that's what's implied.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

for a glorious moment I really did think that the game would end with the Joker in complete control and going off to destroy poo poo. But not even Rocksteady had the balls to do that. Would have been dumb as gently caress to end with that but I'd have loved it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Yeah, Scarecrow unknowingly cured Batman, with the help of Bruce's Power of Will. That said, the Joker in Bruce's head is not the same as the "real Joker"- cases where he seems to have knowledge of external events are just Bruce imagining what the Joker would know/do.

MinibarMatchman posted:

for a glorious moment I really did think that the game would end with the Joker in complete control and going off to destroy poo poo. But not even Rocksteady had the balls to do that. Would have been dumb as gently caress to end with that but I'd have loved it

Well, nobody's posted the new game plus 100% ending, yet...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Yeah, Scarecrow unknowingly cured Batman, with the help of Bruce's Power of Will. That said, the Joker in Bruce's head is not the same as the "real Joker"- cases where he seems to have knowledge of external events are just Bruce imagining what the Joker would know/do.

There's not really anything backing that up at all. The Joker has explicit knowledge of events that Bruce couldn't have and is able to directly lie to Bruce and provide information he wouldn't have otherwise. Likewise the other infected Joker patients display knowledge and ability they couldn't have.The entire thing with the 'fake cured' Joker couldn't really work as he displays both knowledge of Joker's affairs far beyond what a non-Bat could have and abilities such as computer hacking which are intentionally out-of-character for the person involved and that is used as a hint that he isn't trustworthy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

He didn't have a cure, Joker broke the last existing vial of it when he jumped on Bats in Arkham City's ending. When Batman is talking to Mr. Freeze about it when he actually makes it in the first place, Freeze specifies that the vials he makes and puts in the safe are the only ones he can make. And since Ra's is dead by the time the end of Arkham City happens, Batman doesn't have another chance to extract his juicy Al Ghul lifeforce to get a shot at making another one.

Yes the resources in Arkham City were much more limited because it was a prison.

It isn't like Batman is the head of a multi billion dollar company heavily invested in medicine or anything.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The cure was for the TITAN sickness Joker had from shooting up with the stuff in Asylumn, which he then pumped into Batman to force him to get a cure. Then it came out there was a completely separate issue with the blood, that being the Mad Clown Disease thing. That doesn't have any cure at all.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 30, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That pun is also the only reason they claim it's related to CJD, isn't it?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Well it's not like there's a better way to write in accidentally infecting someone with your soul, outside of an arm transplant.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was implied to be his soul. He kept talking about he'll, but Batman is an atheist for some reason, so his subconscious wouldn't talk of that.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Arkham Knight should've pulled off the mask and revealed himself as Troy Baker, that would've been a pretty cool twist.

• Locked thread