Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

neither has Crowds, fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

neither has Crowds, fail

Or Non Non Biyori.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Funimation has Akagami and Gansta, so I guess that's good enough for me. As long as I can use the Hulu player....

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cr had (still has in fact) the first season on Crowds, hopefully they'll get the second as well.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Wheres AOTY Monster Musume

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Glad three of the five shows I was interested in are getting picked up, though I kinda wish it wasn't Funimation. Their streaming service is routinely awful for me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's kind of surprising DBS isn't doing a simulcast dub or something, they should really make use of the worldwide popularity.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nobody has announced streaming for the show yet. on top of that, doesn't funi usually announce their dubs a little way into the season?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

everythingWasBees posted:

Wheres AOTY Monster Musume

Honestly I'm surprised AnimeLab didn't pick it up. They're pretty unsubtle about getting fanservice shows as well as actual good ones.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

dogsicle posted:

nobody has announced streaming for the show yet. on top of that, doesn't funi usually announce their dubs a little way into the season?

It just seems like the kind of thing you'd do with a show that popular outside of Japan.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AnimeLab has DRRRx3 AND Prison School while CR doesn't? Lucky aussie bastards...

(Then again streaming's all the rage)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Three new characters have been revealed for Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

WickedHate posted:

It just seems like the kind of thing you'd do with a show that popular outside of Japan.

i'm 99% sure it'll happen, but it does kinda hurt things that we don't even have an air date for DBS (i've seen July 5 mentioned but only once).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I think I can guess what the weight in parentheses is, given the creators. Bravo, Japan.

I am happy for you, DT.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 30, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

I think I can guess what the weight in parentheses is, given the creators. Bravo, Japan.

I am happy for you, DT.

Each or combined though?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

yes, i am glad that the council of Japan came together on this booby show

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And it seems will begin on October

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

yes, i am glad that the council of Japan came together on this booby show

It's actually a Committee of 300 plot.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Grouchio posted:

AnimeLab has DRRRx3 AND Prison School while CR doesn't? Lucky aussie bastards...

CR often announce pretty late so I wouldn't read too much into a lack of announcement. Though, they probably won't get Prison School if Funimation has it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

They might get around it with clever editing and screen composition like Parasyte did

Idk what you mean, Parasyte just didn't give a gently caress and broadcast uncensored brutal violence.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

Idk what you mean, Parasyte just didn't give a gently caress and broadcast uncensored brutal violence.

The anime still showed less than the manga

aers
Feb 15, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i'm 99% sure it'll happen, but it does kinda hurt things that we don't even have an air date for DBS (i've seen July 5 mentioned but only once).

it airs at 9am jst july 5th and that's been known since about the day it was announced in the first place

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's gonna be a new Vampire Hunter D TV series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-30/exclusive-vampire-hunter-d-has-new-animated-series-in-the-works/.89840

Looks like CG only so meh. I wonder if that's what the new Yoshiaki Kawajiri project is.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Is Vampire Hunter D anything other than a poor man's Hellsing?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

WickedHate posted:

:staredog:

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

WickedHate posted:

You've raised the stakes.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

(Then again streaming's all the rage)

CR has DRRR x2 .

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

WickedHate posted:

:yikes:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've never watched it! That's just what it looks like. If it's not that bad I'll check it out.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

WickedHate posted:

:stare:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
More VHD!! :aaa:

The novels are one of my guilty pleasures. I have all of them that have been translated so far (they are uniformly terrible).

It really doesn't matter how awful that turns out to be, I will watch every second.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

WickedHate posted:

While both series have vampires, I can safely say that they both have vastly different tones and atmospheres (mostly due to the settings and the attitudes of the main characters and... well everything honestly). So it's not really fair to Vampire Hunter D to call it that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Should we ever expect a proper anime series out of Vampire Hunter D?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yuna Yoshino as Akira Hiiragi
"Escape from this island…for our future…"
The governor of the guards controlling all the superpowered people on the artifical quarantine island Mermaid

Asami Seto as Charlotte Scherzen
"Mete out punishment to those who lack order!"
The Number 2 in charge of the guards

Masumi Tazawa as Kasumi Shigure
"If you commit a wrong, it is my duty to correct it."
The commander of the guards

Valkyrie Drive Mermaid premiers on October

Also, more cast additions:

Saori Ōnishi as Rein Hasumi

Azumi Asakura as Lady J

Kikuko Inoue as Torino Kazami

Hitomi Harada as Momoka Sagara

As for the general setting of the franchise:

quote:

In Valkyrie Drive a mysterious virus that affects girls in their teens and 20s suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Once this virus takes over, it can transform girls into deadly weapons.

Thus far, this special virus has been classified into two types: the “A-Virus” and the “V-Virus”. The world government decided to take measure by protecting these girls that have been infected by the virus by creating five man-made islands used to keep them safe and isolated.

The girl Mamori Tokonome is transferred to one of those islands, "Mermaid." When Mamori is attacked, a newly transferred girl named Mirei saves her. The enemy doesn't stop, however, and the two are soon cornered. Just when they think all hope is lost, Mirei kisses Mamori, and Mamori turns into a sword. Mirei then wields the sword and launches a counterattack against their enemies.

The artificial island of Bhikkhuni became known for being able to successfully control the V-Virus. There’s an academy at Bhikkhuni, and they say that those who enroll there can successfully overcome the virus. That said, the girls decided to enroll with high hopes.

Little do these girls know that there’s only one way to control this virus—by fighting between those who are infected.

This sounds so insane but at the same time so cool.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So it's just cribbing Soul Eater with the fanservice dialed to 11 and the knob snapped off.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

WickedHate posted:

The two can't really be compared beyond both featuring vampires.

Not sure where you get off thinking Vampire Hunter D is the poor man's stand-in in this situation, however.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Is there a PV for Gatchaman Crowds insight anywhere? It's premiering in less than a week and I haven't seen anything except for that 12-minute untranslated OVA.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

The two can't really be compared beyond both featuring vampires.

Not sure where you get off thinking Vampire Hunter D is the poor man's stand-in in this situation, however.

It's just the impression I got from it looking like it had a close art style, though not as good honestly(Hellsing is pretty much perfect). I was asking because I don't know much about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Vampire Hunter D got some great anime adaptations, but the source material is pretty bad. Just watch the two movies and leave it at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They wrote out the breast weight for the female characters. Now my hugpillow wife will be perfect!

• Locked thread