Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Fetus Tree posted:

details on this

Lufiron posted:

I don't know about Croatian but Portuguese bbq is legit, go to j and j in Somerville and get the frango no churrasco bbq chicken

It's not Croatian BBQ, but Southern US style BBQ made by Croatians. West Side Steak and BBQ in Worcester, MA. Online pictures look like poo poo but it's "wicked good" as they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Fetus Tree posted:

link this pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotQA65IOd8

His excitement and enthusiasm for snack foods makes me suspect he might be a bit slow.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nostrum posted:

It's not Croatian BBQ, but Southern US style BBQ made by Croatians. West Side Steak and BBQ in Worcester, MA. Online pictures look like poo poo but it's "wicked good" as they say.

lol well i figured as much on this one dude, i aint never seen no settlement of croats around here

thanks for the tip tho

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So another black church got burned to the ground tonight. That makes 7 or 8 over the past week in the South.

Southern hospitality

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So another black church got burned to the ground tonight. That makes 7 or 8 over the past week in the South.

Southern hospitality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCziz0vVO7A

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

praxis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotQA65IOd8

His excitement and enthusiasm for snack foods makes me suspect he might be a bit slow.

nah man, hes probably an elected official wherever the gently caress hes from

no joke

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Southern hospitality

Dude, it's the south. You can't throw a flaming whiskey bottle full of gasoline without burning down a black church.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

praxis posted:

Dude, it's the south. You can't throw a flaming whiskey bottle full of gasoline without burning down a black church.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/cnn-finally-notices-string-of-black-church-fires-is-it-a-hate-crime-or-is-it-bad-wiring/

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Or bad wiring. Whatever.

"bad wiring"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

weather in the south is always hot, humid with a slight chance of black churches getting burned to the ground.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

only reason the south has such good food is all the black people they hate so drat much

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

only reason the south has such good food is all the black people they hate so drat much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVWk1coEbY

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

etalian posted:

weather in the south is always hot, humid with a slight chance of black churches getting burned to the ground.

"Whew, gonna be a hot one tonight. No moon out. Hell, it ain't rained in a week. Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a 4-churcher."

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Jastiger posted:

Bahahahahaha.

its just what Iowa is famous for, the pork. They use a special blend of seasoning and keep the bone in.

Sorry I interrupted your food jerk off session with my contribution.

At least I posted a fuckin' picture.

Iowa is famous for nothing

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
which isn't to say it's famous for nothing, like paris hilton, I mean there is nothing Iowa is famous for, Iowa is not famous for anything, you are delusional if you think otherwise

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Southern hospitality

Pffft, that happens all the time all over the US...

No it doesn't

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

slipknot is from iowa this is the beginning and end of the list of things i know about in/from iowa

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Captain Kirk is from Iowa, it's no wonder why he got excited over green space women

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Iowa is famous for nothing

I think that at this point, Iowa is famous for only one thing:

A lovely poster named Jastiger

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

praxis posted:

"Whew, gonna be a hot one tonight. No moon out. Hell, it ain't rained in a week. Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a 4-churcher."

We've got an uh..... storm front.... moving in from the North.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
didnt iowa state almost do a thing in the NCAA tournament this past year

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa more like Iwannagetoutofthere

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ed mitchell's original place was pretty good but the pit's more for cary residents and duke students for when family from back home come to visit

he's kinda styled himself as the be-all end-all of bbq and it's kinda silly considering he can't keep a restaurant open on his own for more than a couple years

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Gaunab posted:

I mean, if you want to get technical the United States in general clings to flag of a slave empire. And the British, and the French...

wrong, dummy :911:

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Had a girlfriend from the Quad Cities and she had the worlds most annoying Midwest nasal bullshit accent but only when she got mad and I made her mad a lot !!!!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

NecroMonster posted:

Now there's also Vietnamese that we hate so drat much.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Gaunab posted:

I mean, if you want to get technical the United States in general clings to flag of a slave empire.

No, our flag dates from July 1960. If you want to get technical.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

My Q-Face posted:

No, our flag dates from July 1960. If you want to get technical.

to get more technical we had no standard arrangement for the flag until well after the country was formed :ssh:

quote:

Prior to the adoption of the 48-star flag in 1912, there was no official arrangement of the stars in the canton, although the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy used standardized designs. Throughout the 19th century there was an abundance of different star patterns, rectangular and circular.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

Iowa more like Iwannagetoutofthere

midwest's main export is people dreaming they could be in other cities like DC or SF.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

to get more technical we had no standard arrangement for the flag until well after the country was formed :ssh:

to not be technical at all and instead focus on the salient point, the problem with the confederate flag is not that the people who flew it owned slaves, the problem is that the entire reason it ever existed was because the United States was starting to come around to the fact that owning slaves is wrong

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

etalian posted:

midwest's main export is people dreaming they could be in other cities like DC or SF.

lol gently caress thats depressing

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

NecroMonster posted:

its true

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

You mean white man food that the original slaves culturally appropriated?

That and the Irish they just had to add alcohol to everything including barbecue sauce.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

150 years, not "hundrads". lol the cival war was a lot closer to today than you think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeLGasX8FHk

read the comments lmfao

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

You mean white man food that the original slaves culturally appropriated?

That and the Irish they just had to add alcohol to everything including barbecue sauce.

sure hold on i'll respond to you like you know what the gently caress you are talking about here goes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Sphinxster posted:

We've got an uh..... storm front.... moving in from the North.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm from MN and I looked at some iowa universities during highschool. I showed up and they were like "heh MN boy coming down here, you must get a lot of hate" and I was like ??? and they explained that iowa people believe Iowa and MN have a huge rivalry.

Iowa's biggest rival is unaware the rivalry even exists, that's how pathetic and backwoods iowa is. I don't even know what the capitol of iowa is lmao

ps. that porkchop was sad as gently caress

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Modest Mao posted:

I'm from MN and I looked at some iowa universities during highschool. I showed up and they were like "heh MN boy coming down here, you must get a lot of hate" and I was like ??? and they explained that iowa people believe Iowa and MN have a huge rivalry.

Iowa's biggest rival is unaware the rivalry even exists, that's how pathetic and backwoods iowa is. I don't even know what the capitol of iowa is lmao

ps. that porkchop was sad as gently caress

it's a college football rivalry and it even has its own wikipedia article, way to be giant loving nerdo, nerdo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it's a college football rivalry and it even has its own wikipedia article, way to be giant loving nerdo, nerdo

football rivalries up north are pretty easy

new england patriots vs the entire league and every fan

no wikipedia article necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Modest Mao posted:

it's in iowatown, iowa, home of the fightin' hog lagoons

• Locked thread