Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008
Only for a week when we inevitably get sick of the game and all quit. You know, the usual stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
dont play this game unless you have multiple socks to excrete fecal matter into.

or if you have an andriod tablet with over 2MB memory so you can bring it with you to the pooper.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
I really did not expect this game to be THIS grindy. I don't think I've ever played a game as grindy as this one.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
If you have an ox it's a huge boon since you can carry something like 15-20x as much while mounted on it. I made it to journeyman (tier 3) crafting everything in about 3.5 hours. Now that I have a better idea of what I am doing, I could probably do it in 2.5-3 hours.

Past the start of the game we'll be able to just give anyone oxes when they start or something, but for now the grind is going to be more annoying with all the walking back and forth if you aren't legendary. If you can just get up to tier 3 for now while footing it, that's probably going to be good enough for a while since no one in the game will have any buildings to do tier 4 anything with until various guilds start dropping it later today.

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

DirtyTalk posted:

dont play this game unless you have multiple socks to excrete fecal matter into.

or if you have an andriod tablet with over 2MB memory so you can bring it with you to the pooper.

I looked at the google play store and didn't see Albion Online anywhere, is it not available yet?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

HENGRY BUNG posted:

I looked at the google play store and didn't see Albion Online anywhere, is it not available yet?

You have to download the app and install it. Beta tests are all most never on the play store. It may also break the ToS to release something that only a few people can play after downloading for free.

It would kill reviews going I to launch tons of 1 stars as a best case. I have to pay $100 for this game!?

App is on their website.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Trier posted:

I really did not expect this game to be THIS grindy. I don't think I've ever played a game as grindy as this one.

Got ourselves a youngin' over here, let me tell you about MMO's back in my day.

I don't know seems on par with UO, it was pretty grindy and that's the experience it's shooting for I think.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
this game is pretty hardcore

and its not that grindy

you want grindy, go play some k-poo poo mmo like flyff

:ocelot::grin:

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

pixaal posted:

App is on their website.

I downloaded it and I can't get it to install.

All I want to do is secretly play albion at work :negative:

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
I need to modify my client to play the UO intro music at startup...

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

jhorphear posted:

I need to modify my client to play the UO intro music at startup...

No god dammit I can still hear that music in my head right now if this happens I will murder you through the internet...right after I do it too.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I should not have to sell ALL the stuff I've collected just to be able to go out and collect more. That's slave labour and offers no advancement.

from reddit

lol

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
What.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Trier posted:

Is this true? :( x 1000 if so.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Well, yeah, it's an MMO where you perform actions to get better at doing those actions. You gotta do those actions more and more to get better and better. Eventually we will have a nice guild infrastructure and you can just come suck the teat of people who spent a bunch of their time grinding up their poo poo but this is day two of the alpha so you must grind yourself and you must like it

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

FormerFatty posted:

Is this true? :( x 1000 if so.

It's hard to get to the best of the best stuff, but if you're content just killing nerds in the economical pvp gear you will find that the grind isn't that bad, it didn't even feel like a grind the first time I went through with it.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
grinding in an alpha...only the most penitent men shall pass.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
We grind so that next time we are more efficient grinders.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Do we have any cool goons that would play actively that don't wanna put in the money? PM me.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Pixelslol posted:

Do we have any cool goons

Let me stop you right there.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_DuKw3v8So

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

blueberrysmith posted:

Let me stop you right there.

:woop:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Some nerds from Of the Hood didn't understand that they could run away invis after being knocked out in Yellow Zones and they thought the guards would help them if I attacked (they were flagged so the guards won't help) and I kept killing them. Then one of them decided to just die and release and hope to run back to grab his stuff before I did =)

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

Pixelslol posted:

Some nerds from Of the Hood didn't understand that they could run away invis after being knocked out in Yellow Zones and they thought the guards would help them if I attacked (they were flagged so the guards won't help) and I kept killing them. Then one of them decided to just die and release and hope to run back to grab his stuff before I did =)

i hope he had good stuffs

Texibus
May 18, 2008

FormerFatty posted:

grinding in an alpha...only the most penitent men shall pass.

Delightful

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish
Grinding in Alpha so I can become a better grinder in closed Beta, then Open Beta and most likely never play once its out.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Frog 1.0 posted:

Grinding in Alpha so I can become a better grinder in closed Beta, then Open Beta and most likely never play once its out.

Same. However it is still more than likely money well spent compared to other offerings.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Albion Online - Check the Google Doc

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

:shobon:

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

In albion, even the novice warrior can defeat the king of the paradoxoxox

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Baited Dworf pretty hard there.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Macnult posted:

Baited Dworf pretty hard there.

We rain a pain train on his rear end. He's super salty in chat:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
OPERATION SUFFER NOT THE PARA DOX OX IS A GO

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Awesome job guys

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Nice Gaming

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

This is what I like to wake up to :coffeepal:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
ARE allies, killing mans :patriot:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Paradox + Unorthodox Arena vs MH

9v6 (bwaite was new and didn't understand flagging :3:) in their favor, but their tactics were, frankly, unorthodox and it didn't end well :parrot:

e: and they had yellow unflagged bonus

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 1, 2015

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

FireWhizzle posted:

Paradox + Unorthodox Arena vs MH

9v7 in their favor, but their tactics were, frankly, unorthodox and it didn't end well :parrot:

e: and they had yellow unflagged bonus

Got a vod or youtube vid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Pixelslol posted:

Got a vod or youtube vid?

read slack wow this guy

• Locked thread