Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This shouldn't surprise anyone: Big Ben is a douchebag!!

http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201507/ex-teammate-ben-roethlisberger-charged-25000-club-tab-rookies-credit-card

According to Mendenhall he used a rookie's card to pay for a 25k bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TubeStank posted:

http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201507/ex-teammate-ben-roethlisberger-charged-25000-club-tab-rookies-credit-card

Making rookies cover the exorbitant restaurant tabs is extremely common practice in the NFL world. This is hardly unique to Big Ben, it's league wide shittiness.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

drat, that show sounds really loving cool.

And the article explains why Bens line sucks. You can't pay me to protect that shithead if he's stealing my drat money.

Febreeze posted:

Making rookies cover the exorbitant restaurant tabs is extremely common practice in the NFL world. This is hardly unique to Big Ben, it's league wide shittiness.

25k is the most exorbitant amount I have seen so far. I thought they usually just took a several thousand dollar "pittance".

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

25k is the most exorbitant amount I have seen so far. I thought they usually just took a several thousand dollar "pittance".

What did Dez's bill add up to after he refused to carry pads or whatever it was? I remember that it seemed big.

e: 55k with 1300 in shots apparently.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 4, 2015

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Grittybeard posted:

What did Dez's bill add up to after he refused to carry pads or whatever it was? I remember that it seemed big.

55k, including 1300 dollar shots for everyone.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Wasn't part of the Jonathan Martin bully campaign a 30k tab?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Febreeze posted:

for sure, but it also is another notch on the "big ben is a tremendous dickhead douchebag" bedpost.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
At least Dez's rookie contract wasn't one of the news ones. 55k is a lot, but not as much to Dez Bryant as it is to one of the rookies toiling under the new wages.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

drat, that show sounds really loving cool.

And the article explains why Bens line sucks. You can't pay me to protect that shithead if he's stealing my drat money.

When Larry English was a rookie, he had to pay like 25k for a dinner bill. With Shawne Merriman, it was 32k.

Ryan Leaf refused to pay the bill when he was a rookie, so Junior Seau stole his credit card and paid for it. It was only 3k.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Leaf would like 3k right now

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

PrinceRandom posted:

Leaf would like 3k of oxy right now

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

TubeStank posted:

This was posted on Reddit and the first comment someone posted Gendo's Big Ben Mean Joe Green Pedo Coke comic and Reddit was horrified

Gendo come back

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 4, 2015

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Reddit horrified by pedophilia? Are you sure this was Reddit?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

whypick1 posted:

haha

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

whypick1 posted:

:roflolmao:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blitz7x posted:

Gendo come back
He's dead

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
rip

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The TFF death tol continues to mount

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Looks like Cam Newton has signed with a foreign code.

https://twitter.com/TG_Chrono/status/617167361892839424

(I kid)

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bad Moon posted:

The TFF death tol continues to mount

Brady must be stopped

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Speaking of stopping Patriots, the last person to tackle Aaron Hernandez was Bernard Pollard

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Speaking of stopping Patriots, the last person to tackle Aaron Hernandez was Bernard Pollard

Who now is a free agent. Someone should sign pollard

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Every team that plays the Pats should sign and cut him. Pats would end the season with two full 53 man rosters on IR.

swickles posted:

I will sterilize anyone on TFF free of charge. Like hell I want your offspring around...

:toxx:

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 4, 2015

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It really is crazy to look at the injuries Pollard has cost the Patriots through his career*.

*Injuries are not funny but real random connection between Pollard and the Patriots

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

swickles posted:

I will sterilize anyone on TFF free of charge. Like hell I want your offspring around...

hell yeah let's do this

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TubeStank posted:

hell yeah let's do this

The old sterilization goonmeet

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

no way

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Swickels is in Florida, right? you got a spare couch, man?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

A Man and his dog posted:

It really is crazy to look at the injuries Pollard has cost the Patriots through his career*.

*Injuries are not funny but real random connection between Pollard and the Patriots

I want Bernard Pollard to babysit Brady's kids.

Not all three. Just the two he had with Giselle. You know, the ones he cares about.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bernard Pollard is the hero we need and they deserve.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eifert Posting posted:

Swickels is in Florida, right? you got a spare couch, man?

I got a bathtub full of ice. Let's just say the procedure will pay for itself...

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

This is great. The debate continues in the comments and it's a great read.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Tzen posted:

This is great. The debate continues in the comments and it's a great read.

I disagree.

"who cares what others feel about the flag, why do i have to check with other people to make sure their feelings aren't hurt before i use my God giving rights?"

I do love the idea that God himself gave rednecks the right to wave the Battle Flag. I mean sure, his only son is black, but that don't mean he doesn't love the white man more!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Well yeah. I meant more in what Doug was continuing to say in the comments.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Tzen posted:

Well yeah. I meant more in what Doug was continuing to say in the comments.

Oh poo poo. I didn't know he posted there. I got to that one and called it quits.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love how people assume having the right to do something means it should have no consequence. It is quite possibly the single most frustrating strain of idiocy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eifert Posting posted:

I love how people assume having the right to do something means it should have no consequence. It is quite possibly the single most frustrating strain of idiocy.

I think my favorite example of that is the right to free speech meaning I can say whatever I want without consequence and everyone has to like it and not fire me.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I don't want a goon to touch my junk

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

swickles posted:

I think my favorite example of that is the right to free speech meaning I can say whatever I want without consequence and everyone has to like it and not fire me.

Like yelling "fire" in a theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

PrinceRandom posted:

I don't want a goon to touch my junk

Don't knock it til you try it.

• Locked thread