Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
The loss of the time slow-down if you don't use a special probably isn't helping people.

Personally I've had no trouble with the combat but I do miss that unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Gatac posted:

Does anyone else have trouble getting three stars in the Predator challenge Under The Pale Moonlight on PC? Specifically, I can't get the star for taking the drone controller down last. At first I thought it was because I hacked the drone and took it out of his control, then I restricted myself to just blinding it, then the last time I didn't interact with the drone at all, and it still didn't pop. Any clues?
Same here. You probably have to KO him before he ditches the drone somehow. Which means time to get creative I guess, at least until they fix it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Ugh I thought it was a fighting thing because I am stupid. Yeah I figured that out halfway through my first play through somehow, I think when I realized that "drop" was also MMB.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
After finishing this game on PC today and doing everything but the Riddler trophies, I can safely say that it's an amazing game and I look forward to playing it again in a few months when hopefully some of the textures will actually load.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.

Sober posted:

Same here. You probably have to KO him before he ditches the drone somehow. Which means time to get creative I guess, at least until they fix it.

I actually just got it to work by doing a silent takedown on him when he was the last guy left and his drone had already self-destructed by itself. Didn't otherwise interfere with him or the drone at all. If the difference in scoring really comes down to a silent takedown vs. a glide kick and ground pound, then the requirement really should be clearer, but give a try and see if it works for you.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sober posted:

As Gatac points out, if you leave the guy until after he's ditched the drone - usually when he's the last, or one of the last, soldiers left - he'll still count as a controller. I took down all his buddies and he wouldn't move out from that "basement" until the Knight ordered everyone to get off their rear end and move together.

Only stealth challenge I'm having trouble with now is the one where you have to take down a minigunner with an environmental move. I can't seem to get them to trigger.

e; just realized Gatac is actually the one with the drone controller problem! I've got nothing then. :psyduck:

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 5, 2015

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.

poptart_fairy posted:

Only stealth challenge I'm having trouble with now is the one where you have to take down a minigunner with an environmental move. I can't seem to get them to trigger.

You actually have to strike them for that first to get into combat mode. Wait until he's close to a blue object, jump down behind him, strike once, then immediately hit the buttons for the environmental takedown.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Gatac posted:

I actually just got it to work by doing a silent takedown on him when he was the last guy left and his drone had already self-destructed by itself. Didn't otherwise interfere with him or the drone at all. If the difference in scoring really comes down to a silent takedown vs. a glide kick and ground pound, then the requirement really should be clearer, but give a try and see if it works for you.
Interesting. I'll give that a try. I decided to gently caress around with him by making him shock incap himself on an ammo box the first time then I think the second time I came in to beatdown his face off. Yeah, that sounds weird if a silent takedown is what the game wants.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game stylistically reminds me of metal gear. It has that weird uncanny valley thing going on where everything looks substantially better than most games and also looks kind of like a rubber toy at the same time.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, but visually it gives me a lot of mgs4 flashbacks.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

NESguerilla posted:

This game stylistically reminds me of metal gear. It has that weird uncanny valley thing going on where everything looks substantially better than most games and also looks kind of like a rubber toy at the same time.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, but visually it gives me a lot of mgs4 flashbacks.

Its all games in general, really. In this game the Batmobile can destroy pillars by running into them but the 60mm gun will not even dent a building wall when shot upon. No matter how realistic the physics of a specific part is all it takes is just one interaction to the contrary to defeat the illusion.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well, one of my Riddler trophies is glitched. No matter how many times I do the tower out in front of the orphanage I never get a pickup prompt when I walk up to the ball. Hopefully a patch will fix this, I really don't want to have to start all the way over just to be able to get the 100% ending. Anyone else seen this bug? I haven't been able to Google up any other instances.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Knormal posted:

Well, one of my Riddler trophies is glitched. No matter how many times I do the tower out in front of the orphanage I never get a pickup prompt when I walk up to the ball. Hopefully a patch will fix this, I really don't want to have to start all the way over just to be able to get the 100% ending. Anyone else seen this bug? I haven't been able to Google up any other instances.

Are you on PC? I think I heard it had something to do with unlocking your framerate and the physics going wonky or something? (I personally didn't have any problems on PC, unlocked FPS when I did it at the time). If you're on console then, not sure why that would happen.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

redbackground posted:

And goddamn the voiceover actor for A Certain Character at the end of the Perfect Crime side-mission did an absolutely incredible job. He threw himself into those audio recordings, too. Bravo!

Agreed. Even though the fight itself was silly bullshit, that whole setpiece was a wonderful thing to behold because of that performance.

Does the Batmobile ever get the ability to power winch two things at once? Up until now I've been leaving all the trophies that look like they might need this until later, but I'm nearing the end now and I'm starting to think that's not the solution. It's frustrating when you don't know which trophies you can get and which you can't with your current upgrades.

stev fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 5, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

redbackground posted:

And goddamn the voiceover actor for A Certain Character at the end of the Perfect Crime side-mission did an absolutely incredible job. He threw himself into those audio recordings, too. Bravo!

It's Dwight Schultz, of A-Team fame.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Gatac posted:

You actually have to strike them for that first to get into combat mode. Wait until he's close to a blue object, jump down behind him, strike once, then immediately hit the buttons for the environmental takedown.

Oh that nailed it, cheers. Thought I was screwing up the timing somehow.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

Agreed. Even though the fight itself was silly bullshit, that whole setpiece was a wonderful thing to behold because of that performance.

Does the Batmobile ever get the ability to power winch two things at once? Up until now I've been leaving all the trophies that look like they might need this until later, but I'm nearing the end now and I'm starting to think that's not the solution. It's frustrating when you don't know which trophies you can get and which you can't with your current upgrades.

No, it doesn't do that.

You don't need any upgrades to get trophies as far as I can remember. You need some gadgets, but no upgrades.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

Does the Batmobile ever get the ability to power winch two things at once?

Nope. Which one are you stuck on?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pirate Jet posted:

Nope. Which one are you stuck on?

I can't think of any specifically, I've just been going 'newp, later' whenever I pass anything with two or more winches that doesn't look immediately solvable.

Just my own stupidity meaning I'll have more work to do later on. :) Never mind.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I've been thinking and is it just me or are there are much faster transitions between enemies, and lot more smash cuts, during combats to emphasize how much quicker Batman is this time around? I can't put my finger on why but even outside of the multi-fear ability he seems so goddamn quick and I love it.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Why does the waitress in Pauli's Diner get her own entry in the showcase bit? And what is said on her notepad, to me it looks like 'play code'.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Steve2911 posted:

I can't think of any specifically, I've just been going 'newp, later' whenever I pass anything with two or more winches that doesn't look immediately solvable.

Just my own stupidity meaning I'll have more work to do later on. :) Never mind.

There's a few that involve moving REC generators around so that you can plinko a riddle ball through a maze. You really just move one at a time, if I'm thinking of it right, although I haven't really gone riddle hunting yet so maybe there's others that are more complicated.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Kurtofan posted:

Crazy idea, but what if one of the invading villains from the dlc (the second one) was a MK character? Would you like a batman versus Scorpion fight?

I can't wait to see Scorpion's tank.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

No, it doesn't do that.

You don't need any upgrades to get trophies as far as I can remember. You need some gadgets, but no upgrades.

There is one trophy protected by a few mines that need to be disarmed. It's in the haunted house sound stage in the movie studios. That requires an update to the disruptor.

That's probably the only one, short of some of the time trial ones, where its probably not required, but made much easier with grapnel boost & car launch upgrades.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what's up with the green cop in the GCPD?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

RatHat posted:

It's a bug. Just ignore him.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

RatHat posted:

Riddler informants glow green.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

RatHat posted:

I smell a rat.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Knormal posted:

A ton of people have had that glitch. I had it on the PS4. I just turned the game off and turned it back on. Solved it again and it worked the next time. I had to fully turn the game off though, just leaving and coming back didn't do the job. It's frustrating as hell.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Steve2911 posted:

The solution is usually to use the batmobile remote control to pull them out of the way one at a time so batman can walk through.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

RatHat posted:

Walk up to him and press the button you would to interrogate him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HERAK posted:

Walk up to him and press the button you would to interrogate him.

Holy poo poo. Not sure why I never thought to try this. It does beg the question of how Batman knows someone is working for Riddler just by looking at them though.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

RatHat posted:

Holy poo poo. Not sure why I never thought to try this. It does beg the question of how Batman knows someone is working for Riddler just by looking at them though.

I had to google it, I was waiting for a section of the game to require me to fight or sneak through the station and it never came.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Can someone tell me how to get back into the room where you fight Arkham Knight in his HQ?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Can someone tell me how to get back into the room where you fight Arkham Knight in his HQ?

The North HQ (giant fan room) entrance is in the department store

The south HQ entrance (shopping mall) is accessed via an elevator on the City view building.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Knormal posted:

Actually, I think I know what you're going through, because I had the same problem until I looked it up.

Have you tried pulling out the bottom panel, knocking the ball down there, releasing the bottom panel, then pulling it out again? I kept getting stuck on that exact part until I saw someone do that in a video.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

That bug happens on both PC and PS4 (I assume Xbone as well, but I haven't played that version). For some reason, the puzzle seems to work if I try it immediately after loading a save.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

It's Dwight Schultz, of A-Team fame.
Fuckin' Barclay?! Amazing. I just looked up his resume and he is voice actor supreme. Good on him.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

RatHat posted:

In City he had a list of known informants in the Batcomputer. That highlighted all of them in green. I would assume he still keeps a running list by the time Knight rolls around.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I must have driven/flown around Miagani Island a dozen times and I can't find the last Militia checkpoint. Is there one in a really obscure location there?

After that it'll just be the Riddler poo poo and the firemen before I've done all the non-main plot missions. I have a feeling I'm going to spend hours wandering around hoping to bump into fireman encounters. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Steve2911 posted:

I must have driven/flown around Miagani Island a dozen times and I can't find the last Militia checkpoint. Is there one in a really obscure location there?

After that it'll just be the Riddler poo poo and the firemen before I've done all the non-main plot missions. I have a feeling I'm going to spend hours wandering around hoping to bump into fireman encounters. :(

Did you check out the hospital

• Locked thread