Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

riddle me this: how much time do you spend in the crease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

sellouts posted:

riddle me this: how much time do you spend in the crease

Lots!! You gotta set up there whenever the other team's going for a setup and knock the ball out!

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
Sony managed to surprise me by more or less releasing at midnight in Finland.

Got to sleep three hours before having to go to work. Game's as good as I remember from the beta and then some. I regret nothing.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

welp, guess i lost that one

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

a cop posted:

gimearubdown, the friend I've been doing 2s with just got off if anyone wants to team up :shobon:

I'm #5 in wins on the leaderboards good for me

oh hey we played you earlier, I was with psyonix-adam and psyonix-ben

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

icking fudiot posted:

oh hey we played you earlier, I was with psyonix-adam and psyonix-ben

That was a great game!! I freaked a little bit when I saw the psyonix tags, the prospect of a full team of flyers is frightening as heck. Y'all pulled some cool poo poo.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

sellouts posted:

welp, guess i lost that one

The most common setup is someone taking it up the side and curving it into the corner while someone else comes up the middle to knock it in, so if you set up in the crease you can usually knock it away before they can possibly confirm it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

What happens if you load up the beta right now?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Takoluka posted:

Last time I checked you could still do the training and free mode from the beta.

fake edit: also checked the store and it's not up yet at midnight CST

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Takoluka posted:

The same thing that happened if you loaded it 2 days ago. Nothing. Only searches for Beta servers, which are long gone.

I tried already...

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
Managed to unlock Helen's Pride on the first night online. :smuggo:

Also was pretty cool to play Spooky1611, had been seeing him in prerelease videos and Twitch streams. Managed to beat him, even though my ragtag group had one novice that hadn't played the beta before.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Edit: wrong thread

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 7, 2015

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

a cop posted:

The most common setup is someone taking it up the side and curving it into the corner while someone else comes up the middle to knock it in, so if you set up in the crease you can usually knock it away before they can possibly confirm it.

we're not even playing the same game

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

sellouts posted:

we're not even playing the same game

:ohdear:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You're all meant to swarm around it like 10 year olds playing soccer then a party of three comes in and stomps your team of 10 year olds then your idiot 10 year old team mate slags you off for having a low score even though you're the reason they haven't actually scored for 3 minutes because I'm manning and targeting their striker.

ArfCroc for PSN, I stick to the Oceanic and US-West servers.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
How do you set a custom name on PS4?

Couldn't find it last night when I checked the game out for 5 minutes.

breaks
May 12, 2001

It's now available on Steam! :woop:

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Game owns. Downloaded it on PS4 thanks to + but so wanna buy it on PC so I can throw the devs some money, cuz drat it feels criminal getting this for free given how awesome it is.

Don't forget to add your name to this.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CQpR-7DsM5qpK7cp861hwP9dRT33nJdxLvSzJoe3ho4/edit#gid=0

t3hsid_ on ps4. Add me so we can lose heaps.

tehsid fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 7, 2015

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Have the servers melted? Neither my friends or I seem able to connect.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Have the servers melted? Neither my friends or I seem able to connect.

This would seem to be the case.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Where do you set a custom name in Rocket League on PS4? Thought that was supported?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Well, with the server issues, it's time to hit the hay. I hit #1 in wins, because I played goddamn nonstop all day. Was a good day. A rocket league day. Looking forward to seeing how many people are online come tomorrow afternoon.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
boo, downloaded this today and at least got in a few games before the servers melted.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Unlocking all those sweet indie game/dev antenna flags :smug:

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Played a 27-week season yesterday. Pretty fun but All-Star opponents seem to have a much easier time scoring than your own All-Star teammates. Had to bump it down a bit and even then my teammates were pretty terrible at some points.

Game is still fun as poo poo.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Today is the day!

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Well maybe.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Kinda sucks that NA didn't get the midnight release, I'm guessing it'll pop up at the normal PS+ release time (something like 1pm EST?). Also kind of funny to see Reddit melting down with all of the "I stayed up until 5am to play this and nothing. gently caress you Sony."

And people said doing the NZ trick was too much work or took too much time.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Did the NZ trick, grabbed the game. Servers are down but holy poo poo it's hella fun single player.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The North American game not being up yet after the rest of the world got it last night is the biggest injustice our world has ever seen.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

the only way for them to redeem themselves is to ban a cop imo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Pleads posted:

The North American game not being up yet after the rest of the world got it last night is the biggest injustice our world has ever seen.

Soccer doesn't exist in North America, its a well known fact

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

sellouts posted:

the only way for them to redeem themselves is to ban a cop imo

#1 in wins tho

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

If the servers stay down I'll be #1 forever!!!!!!!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

a cop posted:

If the servers stay down I'll be #1 forever!!!!!!!

You're a crooked cop.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Just fyi to all apparently there's an issue where Rocket League's uncapped fps in the menus can cause consoles to run ridiculously hot so don't idle in menus for too long!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

psyonix should just hire you

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Are the PC servers up? wondering if I should grab this on steam.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

queeb posted:

Are the PC servers up? wondering if I should grab this on steam.

They use the same servers as PS4 so no, they're still down.

That said, you can still play single player modes and get the same unlocks to use for online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

You can also play private matches with friends, I think. There's someone streaming private matches on twitch anyway.