Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ice To Meet You posted:

Cespedes is good but it seems like every non-Price or Anibal game is "hit 4 home runs and lose"
Well when your bullpen has a collective ERA of about 12.50 such things will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
You know, the no-hitter may have been busted up in the 7th inning, but at least the game ended up being a shut-out.

Score another victory for the good guys!

Hail you-know-who.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm gonna start worshipping Supply Side Jesus.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

save us, santiago casilla

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
7 in a row

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Well when your bullpen has a collective ERA of about 12.50 such things will happen.

Here is a list of current Tigers relievers with a season (any season) of 40+ innings and an above average ERA:
- Joakim Soria
- Al Alburquerque

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
SAS* Giants Fan Suicide Pact, yay/nay?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The 9th inning and/or closer job is cursed.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Eat all the poo poo Giants. Eat it.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
We've come full circle back to Machi being a competent pitcher, I guess.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Miguel Cabrera raised his arms to the sky and granted all his energy to JD Martinez.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Garbage mets are 3-1 on their west cost swing.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I want to kiss J.D. Martinez on the lips.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha all these Tigers hits.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crazy Ted posted:

Mark Reynolds' 2009 season where he hit 44 dingers and struck out 223 times and committed about 35 errors made me love him forever.

He doesn't even hit dingers anymore. The Cards not only play him basically every day but regularly run him out there are third base. It's kind of astounding given how good they are. The Cardinals have really really really good pitching.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

MourningView posted:

He doesn't even hit dingers anymore. The Cards not only play him basically every day but regularly run him out there are third base. It's kind of astounding given how good they are. The Cardinals have really really really good pitching.

He's been playing every day, but at first not third for the most part. I've actually been surprised how competent he is at defending, although he's been struggling mightily at the plate lately.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mike_V posted:

He's been playing every day, but at first not third for the most part.

I know, but he is also typically the dude they put at third if they want to rest Carpenter.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

To quote the great Ernie Banks: "Let's lose two!" :haw:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Haha Pham. You'd think he'd adjust his lead after almost getting picked off, but nope.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

How not to slide into 2nd, by Dexter Fowler.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

That would've been a triple play had there been no outs.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Yeesh that is an ugly lineup the Cards are fielding for Game 1. If the Cubs can't beat the B team then pack it up.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

MourningView posted:

I know, but he is also typically the dude they put at third if they want to rest Carpenter.

Your other option on the roster that can play 3rd base: Pete Kozma

At least when Reynolds makes contact it goes a long way

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mike_V posted:

Yeesh that is an ugly lineup the Cards are fielding for Game 1. If the Cubs can't beat the B team then pack it up.

It doesn't matter who the Cardinals field, they will always turn into amazing players.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Mike_V posted:

Yeah, that's not how this works.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I love Xavier Scruggs but I think the experiment should probably be over soon.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

someone bomb the Cardinals broadcast booth.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
wgn did you just play the "loving psycho" part of muse - psycho going into commercial

why, wgn

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

That was a Moises Alou out by Bryant there.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Mark Reynolds Owns.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

DENO :woop:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Tyler Lyons status: still garbage.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

At least Matheny let most of the starters rest for the sure loss part of the double header.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mike_V posted:

At least Matheny let most of the starters rest for the sure loss part of the double header.

It's like you've never watched a Cubs/Cardinals game before

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Great audio feed, WGN.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That was a Moises Alou out by Bryant there.

Bryant peed on his hands?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Tim McCarver just said Soler was the best defensive RF in the game. :what:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Tim McCarver just said Soler was the best defensive RF in the game. :what:

He has a good arm and that's pretty much it.

He's the best at being jacked as gently caress and drilling line drives right at fielders.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Wong you sexy gently caress :swoon:

give that dude the gold glove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Wong's hurt. Time to bring up another player that will immediately OPS over 1.000.

• Locked thread