Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Conor's UFC run has been a disaster, agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Conor should leave SBG so that he has no connection to Cathal Pendred and he UFC can put Pendred on a boat to push out to sea.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Conor should train with TEAM QUEST

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Conor has said a few times he wants to fight in a stadium show in Ireland. If the UFC doesn't want to wait until UFC 200 they could probably build a really good show around a Aldo vs McGregor unification and say Joanna Champion vs # 1 strawweight as a comain. Then pepper the undercard with people like Bisping, Gunner, Calderwood, Gus, and Amirkhani and you could have a really European focused event.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Problem is that they're already doing a Fight Pass card in Dublin.

Though maybe they can finally do a UK PPV that's worth a poo poo.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
They're not going to do Conor/Aldo in Europe, Dana said as much last night. Granted Dana says a lot of things but I don't see them doing that.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

1st AD posted:

I think the dude who stuffed half of Chad Mendes' takedowns on 2 weeks notice is doing okay for himself.

Its way easier to stuff a gassed takedown than a fresh one.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They could always run a soccer stadium in Brazil and fly Conor in on a helicopter with armed guards.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Senordingdong posted:

Its way easier to stuff a gassed takedown than a fresh one.

Tell that to Nik Lentz

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

MagicCube posted:

Yes? Is is really controversial to think that having better coaches than Paddy Holohan and a z-tier Eastern European wrestling coach would make Conor better?

For something to be controversial it requires that there be two reasonable sides to the argument involving opinions that are logically argued from reasonable evidence. What you've said is a baseless assertion that it requires full contradiction of the available evidence. For example, whatever you think of his wrestling coach's credentials, his wrestling coach is obviously a very good wrestling coach, because he has coached Conor into being able to beat up very good wrestlers. Remember, Eastern Europe is actually a source of good wrestlers, and remember, few good coaches were famous competitors in their own right.

You're basically trying to argue that the sky is orange: it's not only untrue, you have to be reversing what you see into the exact photo-negative reverse of the truth to be able to consider it as something that resembles truth. That's the depth of the stupidity in your claim.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Trast posted:

Conor has said a few times he wants to fight in a stadium show in Ireland. If the UFC doesn't want to wait until UFC 200 they could probably build a really good show around a Aldo vs McGregor unification and say Joanna Champion vs # 1 strawweight as a comain. Then pepper the undercard with people like Bisping, Gunner, Calderwood, Gus, and Amirkhani and you could have a really European focused event.

Having local fighters be the under card is the worst thing.

If you get one chance to see 1 live MMA event a year, the last thing you want to see is a Terry Etim or a Norman Parke.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am still shocked Gunni knocked down Thatch to get the submission, ludicrous.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

CommonShore posted:

For something to be controversial it requires that there be two reasonable sides to the argument involving opinions that are logically argued from reasonable evidence. What you've said is a baseless assertion that it requires full contradiction of the available evidence. For example, whatever you think of his wrestling coach's credentials, his wrestling coach is obviously a very good wrestling coach, because he has coached Conor into being able to beat up very good wrestlers. Remember, Eastern Europe is actually a source of good wrestlers, and remember, few good coaches were famous competitors in their own right.

You're basically trying to argue that the sky is orange: it's not only untrue, you have to be reversing what you see into the exact photo-negative reverse of the truth to be able to consider it as something that resembles truth. That's the depth of the stupidity in your claim.

The sky is orange sometimes though. Sorry, I shot down your argument.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Saying Conor needs to work on his wrestling is for sure a fair point, saying he needs new coaches seems very excessive.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

quote:

Dennis Bermudez ‏@MenaceBermudez 10h10 hours ago Dana just offered me a rematch and I accepted. #192

I mean it was an awesome fight for sure, but really? There's no way the rematch will be as loving chaotic as the first fight was.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
He should stay right where he is in Dublin but sbg should use their new found fame to attract american wrestlers to join the team

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He should get an orange girl repellent, a girdle and a better back though. That much is certain.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Dangersim posted:

He should stay right where he is in Dublin but sbg should use their new found fame to attract american wrestlers to join the team

That was one of my options!! He should spend some big time Euros to get Mark Coleman, Jordan Burroughs, and Funky Ben to join SBG and watch him become the best wrestler ever.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

MagicCube posted:

Yes? Is is really controversial to think that having better coaches than Paddy Holohan and a z-tier Eastern European wrestling coach would make Conor better?

lol are you for real

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I hope that Rory gets a bit more respect around here amongst the truly autistic. Also, things that give Robbie official very cool man status:

Spitting out a ton of blood then doing the death stare

Yelling "I FEEL FUCKIN' GREAT" in his corner before the fifth

Suddenly getting way in Rory's face and landing basically every left in the fifth until his face fell apart
He certainly will from anyone with any sense. He's going to be immortalized even in defeat now that he was a crucial part of the new Shogun/Hendo level legendary war. Good for him, hopefully he isn't permanently damaged so he finds new ways to keep getting better.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

he's just a quiet, reserved guy. i'm sure with people he knows he's a regular rear end dude with a bad haircut. the people with the real personality disorders are here on this very web site.
Abso, lutely

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

canoshiz posted:

I mean it was an awesome fight for sure, but really? There's no way the rematch will be as loving chaotic as the first fight was.
They're both tough, aggressive and hittable, plus a lot of people watched that fight and would like to see more. Seems good and cool.

Only drawback is that Stephens has to beat #8 twice like Dennis is Anderson Silva or something, but if he's game, why not?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hm, guys thanks for helping me become champ, like I appreciate that and all but im gonna have to let you all go now since you're not famous enough, which means you're clearly bad

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Does Robbie get to fight CArlos yet

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Hm, guys thanks for helping me become champ, like I appreciate that and all but im gonna have to let you all go now since you're not famous enough, which means you're clearly bad

Hell, Fedor did it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Surely training with Ben Askren will improve his wrestling!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Oh wait Pettis got outwrestled in every fight ever.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bundt Cake posted:

destroy utterly this vile sport and everyone in it if they give the shot to hendricks instead of making this loving fight at last

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Bundt Cake posted:

I think they should do Condit vs Brown to determine the next guy to fight Robbie so that way there's a good chance we get back-to-back fights everyone has wanted to see for years.

Robbie and Johny could do part III in the meantime but I also feel like after that fight Robbie might just sit out for 6 months or longer anyways. That was gnarly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The fact we never got Brown vs Condit is an atrocity, so Condit vs Lawler is the least we deserve.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Johny should go away imo, go run your steakhouse into the ground and play video games

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Conor should leave SBG so that he has no connection to Cathal Pendred and he UFC can put Pendred on a boat to push out to sea.

It was lost in the hype from all the cool poo poo that happened last night but I love that even when Pendred's streak of somehow failing upward came to an end, he still managed to bewitch one judge. Live by the boring split decision, die by the boring split decision.

e: vvvvv GSP is gonna start having abduction flashbacks next time he sees Rory

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
eyebrows on fleek

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Only identifiable by his haircut

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I thought that last punch and reaction looked more orbital than nose.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Solomonic posted:

e: vvvvv GSP is gonna start having abduction flashbacks next time he sees Rory

They both lost track of time, so they've more in common than they thought.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

canoshiz posted:

It's probably because Stephens came in like four pounds over. It was a good fight and Bermudez deserves a shot at a guy in his own weight class.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

:stare:

Robbie Lawler has the most accurate nickname.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I thought that last punch and reaction looked more orbital than nose.

That was what we thought too,. what a brutal fight. It's got to be a horrible feeling for Rory to see the scorecards/himself in the mirror at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

God drat

• Locked thread