Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

But no they should make a real season of Aiura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Liking what I've seen of Rokka no Yuusa so far, though I do wish they would finally get around to having all 7 heroes in one place because the thing that got me interested in the series hasn't even happened 2 episodes into the series. At least we've got 4 out of the 7 down, so it's faster than Akatsuki no Yona at least? Still feels like it's gonna take a while though.

I just saw the first two episodes. In many ways it's remarkably cliched; despite the Aztec/Mayan aesthetic, the setting in practice is indistinguishable from a typical Japanese/European--inspired setting. It even has horses! Worse, the plot revolves around a prophecy that seemingly ensures that the protagonists will succeed. Still, the mystery angle keeps me watching. So far, I'm guessing Princess Nashetania is the mole. A lot of what she says to the Adlet could be interpreted as calculatedly pushing his various emotional buttons, and we haven't gotten much of a direct look inside her head the way we have with him. On the other hand, Adlet says that fiends would normally try to kill the heroes before they meet up, and Nashetania has had plenty of opportunities to kill him that she hasn't taken.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

nielsm posted:

But no they should make a real season of Aiura.

That was a fun but criminally short show.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Sadly it was discovered last year that the director of Aiura had murdered several schoolgirls and cut off their legs.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The voice actor show is turning out pretty well.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

C.M. Kruger posted:

Sadly it was discovered last year that the director of Aiura had murdered several schoolgirls and cut off their legs.

What

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

C.M. Kruger posted:

I'm going to have you dress as schoolgirl and cut off your posting legs.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Silver2195 posted:

I just saw the first two episodes. In many ways it's remarkably cliched; despite the Aztec/Mayan aesthetic, the setting in practice is indistinguishable from a typical Japanese/European--inspired setting. It even has horses! Worse, the plot revolves around a prophecy that seemingly ensures that the protagonists will succeed. Still, the mystery angle keeps me watching. So far, I'm guessing Princess Nashetania is the mole. A lot of what she says to the Adlet could be interpreted as calculatedly pushing his various emotional buttons, and we haven't gotten much of a direct look inside her head the way we have with him. On the other hand, Adlet says that fiends would normally try to kill the heroes before they meet up, and Nashetania has had plenty of opportunities to kill him that she hasn't taken.

It's also possible Adlet is unknowingly the mole. It seemed like it was the demon reaching out to him.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's also possible Adlet is unknowingly the mole. It seemed like it was the demon reaching out to him.

Obviously the seventh one is

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Watched the second episode of Charlotte and I don't know if Peter Frampton ever toured Japan but if he did he was apparently lucky to escape with his life from all the evil scientists who'd want to take his brain apart to discover the secrets of his power.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

That's what I was thinking too.

Akagami no Shirayuki continues to be gorgeous, but musically and artistically. The romance between Shirayuki and Zen has a very Disney charm, but still enough depth to it to be interesting as a series.

Prison School... Prison School is absolutely MAGICAL. It's the only show since Jojo's that revels so much in its campiness in every single way that it loops back around to utter brilliance. gently caress yeah I'm in!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

The possibility occurred to me. I guess I rejected it mainly because I found it less interesting than there being an actual traitor, but that doesn't have much to do with whether the writers find it interesting.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

nielsm posted:

The voice actor show is turning out pretty well.

Giving the ED, I really should have seen that twist coming.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

madmac posted:

Giving the ED, I really should have seen that twist coming.

Which show? Sore ga Seiyuu?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Which show? Sore ga Seiyuu?

Yeah. It's not a big deal or anything just really obvious in hindsight.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

madmac posted:

Yeah. It's not a big deal or anything just really obvious in hindsight.

Well it's not like CR or Funi sub the OPs or EDs all the time even if they have recurring unique bits or are character songs. The fact they do it for Sore ga Seiyuu is slightly surprising in that it's being done at all.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

The voice actor show is good. I love the moe crushing competition and moe low pay.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

moe impending unemployment

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Monster show is kind of loving terrible. I told myself that last week but here I am watching it again. Eh.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Maybe the deity can't count and there's actually 7 heroes.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

The voice actor show is good. I love the moe crushing competition and moe low pay.

For some reason that line about "Not wanting a bookshelf of manga I'm not in" hit me especially hard, because seriously, that blows.

Also moe being laughed at behind soundproof glass, and moe sudden irreversible character death. The weekly guest stars are pretty cool though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Overlord, Aquarion Logos and Junjo Romantica 3 just (finally) went up on AnimeLab. Is Overlord any good?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

quote:

The NPCs do exactly that.

They even misinterpret what they 'heard' the supreme beings talking about in the past.

Mare is the only 'young' boy around, and so he and Demiurge think that dressing like a Trap is how boys should dress, based on what Mare's creator said.
They are very ignorant about some things, since they never saw young children, and they never grew up.

In the light novel, Mare's creator is a H-game voice actress who likes young(looking) crossdressing boys and girls, and her brother, Shalltears creator, was an H-game enthusiast who gave Shalltear a bunch of fetishes, including necrophilia.
They fought a lot because nothing kills a H-game like hearing your sister as one of the characters, and they wrote the conflict into their NPCs biography.

In the light novel and Manga, the last line Momonga changed on Albedo was not 'Is a bitch' but was 'Is a Nymphomaniac/Slut'.

no

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm fairly sure the weirdly intricate and creepy backstory of two NPCs will probably be cut, considering there must be better things to adapt

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Overlord, Aquarion Logos and Junjo Romantica 3 just (finally) went up on AnimeLab. Is Overlord any good?

Overlord is pretty fun so far, much more likable cast than stuff like SwordArt.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The pillow boys show is out!!!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just got round to watching the second episode of Game of Laplace and I do not know what to think of it at all, it probably has the worst mood whiplash of anything I've ever seen, like genuinely creepy to loving looney tunes in less than a second. That autopsy scene though.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Chaos Dragon should definitely go the way I want it to and be the same episode every time (given the first two are basically identical,) with a main character dying at the end and the MC is just a horrible murderer (I can see it becoming Drakengard: The Anime and I want that to happen)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

School-Live!/Gakkou Gurashi! Thread

Seiyu's Life!/Sore ga Seiyuu! Thread

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Xelkelvos posted:

Well it's not like CR or Funi sub the OPs or EDs all the time even if they have recurring unique bits or are character songs. The fact they do it for Sore ga Seiyuu is slightly surprising in that it's being done at all.

This is 100% a rights issue. Every single time. Song translations have separate negotiation rounds and sometimes blow up or never even start. Yes, this is as tremendously stupid as it sounds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Prison School is good. Is the censoring consistent with the manga or should
I wait for the blu Ray release.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the manga isn't really censored that i can remember

e: i have only read 40ish chapters

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 16, 2015

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Nipples aren't censored in the manga but I think the Medusa counts as a kind of censorship.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The third episode of Gangsta's up early.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The third episode of Gangsta's up early.

I don't know what the hell is up with the streaming schedule for this show. Funimation's video page even still lists it as airing on Sundays. :wtc:

Early is better than late though, and with little to no delay for Hulu Plus as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't know what the hell is up with the streaming schedule for this show. Funimation's video page even still lists it as airing on Sundays. :wtc:

Early is better than late though, and with little to no delay for Hulu Plus as well.

Funi is so bad. They still haven't put prison school on Hulu plus. Maybe they're just not going to because It's so loving sexy

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Prison School is too sexy for regular Hulu Plus so you have to buy the Showtime add-on to watch it.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I remember a lot of excitement over Gangsta's OP but is the actual show that good too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pyronic posted:

I remember a lot of excitement over Gangsta's OP but is the actual show that good too?

Yes, it's been quite good so far.

• Locked thread