Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I just can't see anything DC does as anything other than them pathetically scrambling to throw something out after seeing Marvel's poo poo and going "OH gently caress"

Those Nolan Batman movies were respectable but like that's it for what, the past 20 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Man of Steel was alright

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Monkey Fracas posted:

I just can't see anything DC does as anything other than them pathetically scrambling to throw something out after seeing Marvel's poo poo and going "OH gently caress"

Those Nolan Batman movies were respectable but like that's it for what, the past 20 years?

The first two were good, Rises was plot holes for miles

Sicario
Jul 15, 2015

by Ralp
I haven't seen any of the Marvel movies, but I am really looking forward to this for some reason. It's got a great cast, and the director is pretty underrated in my opinion. This looks like an old school Joel Silver/Don Simpson flick and I can't wait.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Scaramouche posted:

DC Should have made a Secret Six movie instead

dc should make some kind of adaptation of Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol and confuse everyone with radioactive hermaphrodites, dadaism supervillains who are led by a nonexistent man, gorillas making out with disembodied brains, beings who can only exist in the presence of pain who keep hundreds of tortured butterflies in an endless mansion, and other crazy wonderful poo poo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Acne Rain posted:

dc should make some kind of adaptation of Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol and confuse everyone with radioactive hermaphrodites, dadaism supervillains who are led by a nonexistent man, gorillas making out with disembodied brains, beings who can only exist in the presence of pain who keep hundreds of tortured butterflies in an endless mansion, and other crazy wonderful poo poo.

This and also The Filth

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

88h88 posted:

I loving love dumb comicbook stuff like this, it's like they realised that comics are inherently stupid and just went all out.

Please tell me there are plenty more hilariously daft comicbook characters like this. :allears:

You could check out Michael Kupperman's comics. It's not a superhero comic by any means but it's funny stuff like this.

He also did a thing with Adult Swim a while ago https://vimeo.com/29365066

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

anything that angers nerds gets my :10bux:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Acne Rain posted:

Pfft that's crazy talk. What's next a transvestite sentient street? Lay off the drugs there buddy

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

88h88 posted:

I loving love dumb comicbook stuff like this, it's like they realised that comics are inherently stupid and just went all out.

Please tell me there are plenty more hilariously daft comicbook characters like this. :allears:

You'd probably dig Top 10, it's rife with silliness. Plus it's written by Alan Moore

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked Watchmen and Man of Steel. Snyder can't make characters work on an emotional level at all but his movies are real pretty and usually got a lot of neat scenes to enjoy. The Batman movies were also alright

Green Lantern wasnt very good and I can't remember any other DC movies at all... [edit] Superman Returns was real boring too

People seem to forget that Marvel released plenty of stinkers too, people also forget they've made a lot more movies than DC. Like a lot more

The Xmen movies have been up and down and all over the place, you got older garbage like Daredevil movie and Electra, the new garbage spider man movies (was never a fan of the old ones either), the awful fantastic four movies, the mediocre as gently caress Hulk movies, the first Ghost Rider was awful (the second one was only mostly awful), Iron Man 2 was a whole lotta nothing, Blade III was awful, all the Thor movies are forgettable etc.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen DC? Because holy that was easily the worst comic book adaption.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Scaramouche posted:

They'd have to change the line-up now that Chris Nolan killed Bane off in the most anti-climactic way possible. "Let's have Batman lose everything, then go through all kinds of training and badly choreographed fights to prepare himself again for one last battle and - gently caress it, never mind, just shoot him."

midnightclimax posted:

Was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen DC? Because holy that was easily the worst comic book adaption.

Sort of, I think they did some of it but there were a bunch of publishers on that one. Not sure who did the movie.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

CJacobs posted:

You can see from the way he drew her that bruce timm desperately wanted to gently caress cartoon harley quinn and he wants you to want to gently caress her too. Unfortunately, bruce timm, she is a cartoon.

Since you cant bang the "real" harley quinn would you bang a chick dressed up like her?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i porked an obese woman dressed as the hulk once, does that count for something

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

lol Sportsmaster is basically a character out of that Mystery Men movie

excellent fodder for a dumbass yet entertaining comedy movie IMO

This would have worked if they had gone for a Guardians Of The Galaxy route with this film. I'm not even sure why they have such a grimdark movie with a cast of unknown characters. I'm betting that the reason it's being made is because it's going to be more of a Joker movie than any of these characters (excluding Harley).

Applewhite posted:

This and also The Filth

I want The Filth because it seems like it ridicules a lot of Mark Millar's adapted output like Wanted and Kingsman, even if it predates those books.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Were you drunk?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPJ8b7zwa98

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Tweet Me Balls posted:

looking forward to the inevitable squirrel girl movie

Hey there's an untapped market in furry wank material.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Zzulu posted:

The Xmen movies have been up and down and all over the place, you got older garbage like Daredevil movie and Electra, the new garbage spider man movies (was never a fan of the old ones either), the awful fantastic four movies, the mediocre as gently caress Hulk movies, the first Ghost Rider was awful (the second one was only mostly awful), Iron Man 2 was a whole lotta nothing, Blade III was awful, all the Thor movies are forgettable etc.

The only ones of those actually made by Marvel Studios are the Hulk, Iron Man 2, and Thor movies, the rest are all movie license deals with Fox, Sony, etc.

So while a bunch of Marvel properties were bad movies, they weren't made by Marvel itself

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Applewhite posted:

This and also The Filth

what's that one comic that's nothing but scenes of hundreds of people raping headless corpses? seems like a good one.

edit: oh it's Crossed lol garth ennis sucks

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
how did the well of jokes about this horrible movie trailer run dry so quickly

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Scaramouche posted:

What's that comic they did that was a parody of the Avengers? they should do that

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh wow.

So harley has dumb tattoos as well. "Hmm what would make a good tatoo that shows how badass I am? Oh yeah, argyle.'

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
she should've gotten MISTA/H J on her knuckles

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
White people everywhere just discovered tattoos are a good replacement for character or personality this last decade

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tara Strong.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i, movie nostradamus, have the correct opinion on these superhero movies

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

i know this isn't about suicide squad but

why the gently caress did they cast zuckerbag to play lux lootwhore? i hate that guys snooty little nailsonachalkboard voice.

"spehhckla sspeh textimatrotizz sspeh speh kkekekek" thats literally all i hear when he speaks

in all seriousness thanks for Mouse Gaurd. huge Redwall guy back in the elementary days and this is right up my alley :v:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

dustyn_echoes posted:

i know this isn't about suicide squad but

why the gently caress did they cast zuckerbag to play lux lootwhore? i hate that guys snooty little nailsonachalkboard voice.

"spehhckla sspeh textimatrotizz sspeh speh kkekekek" thats literally all i hear when he speaks

in all seriousness thanks for Mouse Gaurd. huge Redwall guy back in the elementary days and this is right up my alley :v:

none of this makes any sense to me at all

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Say Nothing posted:

Tara Strong.

Would motorboat the poo poo out of those tiddies.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I am curious to see what's up with Aquaman in Dawn of Justice. I may have missed something but, I haven't seen him in any of the trailers.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Howard Beale posted:

she should've gotten MISTA/H J on her knuckles

H J as in this is the hand i give the HJs with?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

no mr handjob is a different batman villain

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shaddak posted:

I am curious to see what's up with Aquaman in Dawn of Justice. I may have missed something but, I haven't seen him in any of the trailers.

He'll probably be like the Rhino in the last Spiderman movie

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Uncle Wemus posted:

He'll probably be like the Rhino in the last Spiderman movie

He'll be all self-righteous like you?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's basically all this. Batman vs. Superman is riding the same tone as Man of Steel and it feels loving awful. Suicide Squad looks great in comparison since it's likely taking itself just a little bit less seriously which is why Marvel's poo poo is doing so well. DC's movies look so grimdark and serious, they might as well have adapted TDKR probably looks more light hearted.

Also, I'd say Edgar Wright might make a good Doom Patrol movie, but he seems better suited for a Teen Titans or a JLI film. I don't think there's a writer or a director who could make a Morrison Doom Patrol work. It's just way too bizarre and off the wall. Taking the old Doom Patrol team and modernizing them and adding some of the character developments made over the decades like The Chief actually being a bit of an utter bastard and Mouisseuir Mallah and The Brain a legit couple would probably work out though.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Bro Dad posted:

no mr handjob is a different batman villain

he's the one who's actually pulling all of joker's boners

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Howard Beale posted:

he's the one who's actually pulling all of joker's boners

heh finally solved this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

nooo!!! mr handjob!!! he's jerking me DRY!

• Locked thread