Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Awesome, guess I'm staying up later tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Please tell us where the Arino Minecraft skin is from!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hirayuki posted:

Please tell us where the Arino Minecraft skin is from!

I just googled Arino Minecraft in GIS.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Yaaay, another release. Thank you very much!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Perfect way to start a day (off) !

Thanks to everyone involved!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Best part of this show still is learning about these neat little games from time to time

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I've never played I.Q. but I've heard the music and its pretty great if somewhat unusual considering the kind of game it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYXbMI8qFsU

Thanks for all your hard work as always.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I only played the demo of Qube, one of those games that was really neat and fun but suffered a bit because of the rigid pricing of games back in that era, at $15-20 it would have been a great buy, but at the full price I ended up just enjoying the demo a couple of times.

Haven't finished watching the episode yet, but the first half was a lot of fun. Thanks to the team!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Great to see another release---definitely going to enjoy watching this later in the afternoon after settling in from a nice lunch.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I only played the demo of Qube, one of those games that was really neat and fun but suffered a bit because of the rigid pricing of games back in that era, at $15-20 it would have been a great buy, but at the full price I ended up just enjoying the demo a couple of times.

Haven't finished watching the episode yet, but the first half was a lot of fun. Thanks to the team!

I probably had that same demo. Brings back memories.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

It was well worth full price at the time. There wasn't really any game like it back then and was a really fun change on puzzle games. For those who are interested in the game there was also a "sequel" of sorts made on PSX and the creator of the game went on to make PQ for PSP which is also really fun. IQ Final includes a new mode 100 attack which has a few extra stages than the regular mode, new block types as well as characters you can switch to and some other minor additions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSOLLQomBg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PQ:_Practical_Intelligence_Quotient
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PQ2:_Practical_Intelligence_Quotient_2

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Brilliant! Thank you generous hosts :D

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
A month ago, I asked this thread for help on game centers to go to in the central Tokyo area. It was pretty cool, we went all over and won all kinds of poo poo. From the Adores, I won, like, some Tales of folders that I thought were pictures that you were supposed to put in a frame. My bro and I also won Eevee coin purses for ourselves so we wouldn't have to rummage through our wallets for 100 yen coins. We checked out Joyopolis but didn't go in. We went to the big game center next to the ferris wheel in Odaiba and played a bunch of shooting games, including Time Crisis 5 and a real popgun gallery where we leaned over the counter kacho-style.

We saw this pro motherfucker at the Taito Game Center in Shinjuku after we went to Artnia, he won a Zoro statue in four fuckin' tries. He wasn't even looking, he just knew exactly what to do.

Today's Tamagee is Adores and Sega in Shibuya and then Sega in Akihabara:

For all the time we spent in them, this is the only actual footage of a game center I got that wasn't just the post-its people who win stuff put up. My bro also won a PVC statue of some chick from Puzzle & Dragons that neither of us know who she is. I liked how Japanese crane games are all about progress and not just luck and hoping the crane strength is tuned high enough on your particular grab.

To be fair, Sega puts up a ton of post-its.

Apparently, Sega never takes them down ever.

I spent so much money trying to get this one Monster Hunter statue. And then I won a figure of some chick from Love Live in the tries left over from my last attempt at the Palico. The dude next to me who had spent at least 10,000 yen trying to win one of the Love Live girls in a wedding dress was like :eyepop:

The one on the left is my waifu, but it's okay Hanayo doesn't judge me

Sega just doesn't give a gently caress in Akiba. Mine is in here somewhere of the dragon in my avatar going all よかった because my buddy and I took turns winning a Shimakaze for him. If you go, you can probably find it. He was like "dude I can't put this on display, it makes me feel dirty. But somehow, I'm glad I got it."

We also saw those loving horrible urinal arcade games where it measures how much you piss and rates you. My game called me otousan. My friend's game told him his weather forecast is monsoon. That was kind of uncomfortable.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 17, 2015

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Thanks!
Does this mean we might see Arino challenging Kula World at some point? I hope so. The game has like 200 levels and it gets pretty hard at level 100 or so. They could probably get two episodes and a live challenge out of it. Though if Arino already gets motion sick from Intelligent Qube, he propably can't stomach Kula World.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Good episode, thank you

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

If I didn't already love my avatar...

:effort:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Post pics of the Eevee coinpurses, please.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pastry of the Year posted:

If I didn't already love my avatar...

:effort:

I tried. :v:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

A lot of post-it notes

What am I actually looking at here? (besides post-it notes)

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Azazell0 posted:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Azazell0 posted:

In the Sega game centers, as far as I can tell, visitors can put post-it notes up for other people to see. I'm not really sure what their policy is on it, but obviously it's kinda lax and I saw a HAPPY RAMADAN one from 2012, so I don't think they really ever take them down, either. They seem to have a designated space in every game center for putting them up. The one in Shibuya is on the side of a crane game and the one in Akihabara is just a wall on the second floor.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I like that the post-its are strategically not covering her boobs. This is an arcade I can get behind.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

That was an excellent episode and I can't wait for the next one. Thanks, team!

edit:

Hahaha the edges make it look like a sugar cookie.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I don't think anybody brought it up before, but Arino broke his little toe stumbling around in the dark for the toilet. He's got it all bandaged up in the recent episode.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pastry of the Year posted:

Hahaha the edges make it look like a sugar cookie.

Believe me, you don't want to see it with frosting.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Rochallor posted:

I don't think anybody brought it up before, but Arino broke his little toe stumbling around in the dark for the toilet. He's got it all bandaged up in the recent episode.

Yeah, I like that he mentioned "No one watching would have known if I didn't mention it."

I wonder if he said that because he'll be limping or on crutches in a future TamaGe?

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Believe me, you don't want to see it with frosting.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Travel and other commitments have kept me busy, but here are three spoilered "I'm dead from laughter" moments from the first half of the Vietnam special.

1 - Arino finally plays a keyboard and mouse PC game. He performs as well as your average grandparent.

2 - Then he plays a turret-based FPS. He finally pays an FPS! It makes him motion sick, so he quits.

3 - He barges into a kid's house and plays an online FPS shooter so poorly the kid does the first non-Nakayama 'pon-ka-ron' while clearly stressing about his rank. Arino then crashes the younger brother's birthday party, and fails at Wii boxing, but thinks he's winning.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

Travel and other commitments have kept me busy, but here are three spoilered "I'm dead from laughter" moments from the first half of the Vietnam special.

1 - Arino finally plays a keyboard and mouse PC game. He performs as well as your average grandparent.

2 - Then he plays a turret-based FPS. He finally pays an FPS! It makes him motion sick, so he quits.

3 - He barges into a kid's house and plays an online FPS shooter so poorly the kid does the first non-Nakayama 'pon-ka-ron' while clearly stressing about his rank. Arino then crashes the younger brother's birthday party, and fails at Wii boxing, but thinks he's winning.

I'm always fascinated seeing people struggling with keyboard and mouse stuff, mostly because I'm a complete PC baby who's grown up with the drat thing. It's practically a part of my body, by now. Looking forwards to seeing it!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It already sounds as classic as recent travel episodes have been. Can't wait to see it! (and the continuation to IQ!)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Someone at EVO just pulled an Arino in the Guilty Gear Xrd finals. After performing a fantastic counter and winning a round he got up and started celebrating, thinking the game was over. By the time he realized there was another round and got back to his chair his opponent had already started a demolishing counter and wrecked him.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

univbee posted:

Someone at EVO just pulled an Arino in the Guilty Gear Xrd finals. After performing a fantastic counter and winning a round he got up and started celebrating, thinking the game was over. By the time he realized there was another round and got back to his chair his opponent had already started a demolishing counter and wrecked him.

Didn't watch it personally, but I assume this is it.

Seems like the guy takes it Arino-style too, with a smile. :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Oh also for Lizard Wizard so I don't post poo poo just after Intelligent Qube 2 goes up:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

They're adorable!

retromonk
Nov 5, 2009

Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt
Thank you for another fantastic release, SAGCCX team. <3

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
What's the game in the opening title scroll that looks like dice are thrown? It's the only game there that I don't recognize or remember being part of a challenge.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Andorra posted:

What's the game in the opening title scroll that looks like dice are thrown? It's the only game there that I don't recognize or remember being part of a challenge.

Screenshot?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Momotarō Electric Railway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dammit I hate it when I forget a funny episode, which one was it that the writer forgot to send the script for the day and everyone on the studio kept making fun/complaining about it? Arino even called the writer two times with his cellphone and it was pretty funny