Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Serious Question

What country is actually better than the US? This is taking into account all of the triumphs and pitfalls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Why not try humility?

why not try being a superpower?

oh wait you did and you failed LMAO

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Serious Question

What country is actually better than the US? This is taking into account all of the triumphs and pitfalls.

Serious Answer

Best at healthcare: Netherlands
Best at football: Brazil
Best at peace: Iceland
Best at baseball: Cuba
Best at art: France
Best at food: Italy
Best at life expectancy: Japan
Best at hockey: Canada
Best at education: South Korea
Best at being rich: Qatar
Best at democracy: Norway

I guess your probably best at a few things like autism, childhood obesity and gun murder though but good effort anyway

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

this one does not count

by the way you forgot to list GDP

which european country holds the top spot for GDP

it's a country in europe, right? it must be

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

this one does not count

Heh, the whole of the EU combined only just beats the USA for nominal GDP, and even that depends on what metric you use.

I really like America having visited it 3 times. Every state is like its own country, with unique things to see and do, and sometimes food.

I wouldn't want to live there though because your education and healthcare fees are obscene, and you get so little vacation time you don't get to enjoy the amazing country you live in.

spud fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 22, 2015

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

this one does not count

i didnt just pull that list out my arse it was based on actual facts didnt i just loving tell you it was Qatar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Americans are descendants of people nobody wanted in Europe but not criminal enough to be sent to Australia. Looks like it was a genetic condition.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
GDP per capita does not mean "highest GDP", it means highest average purchasing power across the population

which country has the highest GDP

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

GDP per capita does not mean "highest GDP", it means highest average purchasing power across the population

which country has the highest GDP

Newsflash belinda, per capita is the most accurate to look at statistics when comparing different places. I'll tell you why. It's because places have different populations of people. I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Serious Answer

Best at healthcare: Netherlands
Best at football: Brazil
Best at art: France
Best at food: Italy
Best at life expectancy: Japan
Best at hockey: Canada
Best at education: South Korea
Best at being rich: Qatar
Best at democracy: Norway

I guess your probably best at a few things like autism, childhood obesity and gun murder though but good effort anyway

wow idiot you just dont get it

America number 1

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Serious Answer

lol

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Newsflash belinda, per capita is the most accurate to look at statistics when comparing different places. I'll tell you why. It's because places have different populations of people. I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp.

which would matter if the question was "which country has the richest population" instead of "which country is the richest", hope this helps

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I like america but dont pretend like americans are oh so incredibly hard working. People just sepnd a lot of useless time at the office, either to make it seem like theyre putting in a lot of hours when they are just surfing facebook and ordering poo poo off of amazon, or just because they are too stupid to figure out what theyre supposed to do. Sort of like the mythical japanese salaryman i guess.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

which would matter if the question was "which country has the richest population" instead of "which country is the richest", hope this helps

since apparently you really are a bit thick i'll explain it a bit simpler...

Place A has 100 people and 50 of them are killed by guns.

Place B has a million people and 51 of them are killed by guns.

Which one is the most saferest? if we use your method its Place A but if we go by per capita its Place B. This is why per capita is important when talking about populations of people.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Best at Soccer (aka Futbal): American women

Even our women are beating your rear end at sports.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Zzulu posted:

wow idiot you just dont get it

America number 1

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like America because you make good television shows and cool gadgets

All your nefarious warmongering is creepy though, you should cut that out

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Don't they have italian food in the UK? I think the most exotic food they have is curry chicken or some poo poo.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SweetKarma posted:

Don't they have italian food in the UK? I think the most exotic food they have is curry chicken or some poo poo.

No mate, it's kebabs and chips:

You would say to your lady of a Friday evening:

"OI'WIGHT YOO SLAAAAYG, WANNA NIP DAHN KEBAB PLACE AN' GE' A DONOR?"

BusinessInsider posted:

Walmart is bigger than Norway

Norway's GDP: $414.46 billion

Walmart's Revenue: $421.89 billion

Norway would rank as the world's 25th biggest country.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/25-corporations-bigger-tan-countries-2011-6?op=1#ixzz3gcNv8Y8k

Fecking lol

(and Norway has like double the people!!)

spud fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 22, 2015

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
California is what? The 9th largest economy in the world or some poo poo.That's just one state out of 50. You can't compete with that.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Money is kind of an abstract concept anyway. Can you put a pricetag on a hug or family values or the milk of human kindness? Who cares about have a bajillion beans of this or that.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

SweetKarma posted:

In the summer I basically only eat food from Mare Nostrun

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Money is kind of an abstract concept anyway. Can you put a pricetag on a hug or family values or the milk of human kindness?

I'm pretty sure loving Nebraska has a higher GDP than you do. And all Nebraska produces is loving corn.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

I'm pretty sure loving Nebraska has a higher GDP than you do. And all Nebraska produces is loving corn.

didnt i just say to you i dont care about all that or to put it another way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why does your people always look so poor, america

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

why not try being a superpower?

oh wait you did and you failed LMAO

wasn't your country defeated by a bunch of rice farming asian dwarfs?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Everybody thought the US is cool up until (and including Clinton), who was your last chill president. Than it all went downhill

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 22, 2015

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Zzulu posted:

why does your people always look so poor, america

its because they are, or at least the kiddlies are

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/04/15/map-how-35-countries-compare-on-child-poverty-the-u-s-is-ranked-34th/

sort your poo poo out the usa and stop with the child poverty, its not cool :)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Shirley Crabtree posted:

its because they are, or at least the kiddlies are

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/04/15/map-how-35-countries-compare-on-child-poverty-the-u-s-is-ranked-34th/

sort your poo poo out the usa and stop with the child poverty, its not cool :)

drat, one wonders where all that wealth they claim they have actually goes

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jose Mengelez posted:

also if you could not cram your entire fist up my anus in a dimly lit airport backroom that would be just swell. thanks
amerca fist u in rear end if go. never trust amerca or prolapse

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Zzulu posted:

oh they spend it all on bombs to drop on brown countries i think?

feed and clothe your children first america

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Not in op's pockets that's for sure lol

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Pyromancer posted:

Americans are descendants of people nobody wanted in Europe but not criminal enough to be sent to Australia. Looks like it was a genetic condition.

Not really, Australia is a bunch of inbred criminals, while the US was created because England was too loving dumb to think that the colonies could actually pose a threat. "Oh, look at these stupid colonials, they think they can stand against the might of the British Navy." Well, they did, and it's probably one of the most hilarious and embarrassing defeats in history.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Not really, Australia is a bunch of inbred criminals, while the US was created because England was too loving dumb to think that the colonies could actually pose a threat. "Oh, look at these stupid colonials, they think they can stand against the might of the British Navy." Well, they did, and it's probably one of the most hilarious and embarrassing defeats in history.

lol at this lorry-dodging mum-beater on his high horse, you would have been shipped off to australia too fyi

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

SweetKarma posted:

what about the time america invaded canada, failed miserably and then the british/canadians burned down the white house

that's pretty embarrassing, getting hosed up by canada

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SweetKarma posted:

When did they do that.. The british literally sailed into washington dc's unprotected harbor in 1812, burned down the white house and left. Our navy didn't exist to do anything in 1776-1779 and it didn't do anything 30 years later either. The british empire reigned supreme until the cusp of the 20th century, america is just a single mouse that got away.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Whorelord posted:

what about the time america invaded canada, failed miserably and then the british/canadians burned down the white house

that's pretty embarrassing, getting hosed up by canada

It is embarrassing, but that's why most american history books just kind of gloss over that point.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Jose Mengelez posted:

why do eskimos always clap their hands three times before sitting down?

why do the dutch hover a few inches off the ground?

why do moon people emit a shrill piercing sound from their eyesockets?

why is OP a human being?

SweetKarma posted:

I can only answer one of those questions: I stuck my penis in a man's butt.

That explains the dutch, but why are you a human being?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Minimalist Program posted:

its also because it's super hard to get a good rhytmic chanting meter going for Uz-bek-i-stan or the country "Chad".

actually the uzbeks do loving love chanting 'uz-bek-i-stan' at sporting events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
1 at childhood indoctrination with political propaganda

• Locked thread