Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Jeez, Ant-Man must not have made that great of an impression if we're already gone into the posting joke thread titles downtime spiral before something else comes out. Oh well, let's see what those Zizek obsessed solipsists in CineD have to say about its IDEOLOGY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

TNG posted:

Jeez, Ant-Man must not have made that great of an impression if we're already gone into the posting joke thread titles downtime spiral before something else comes out. Oh well, let's see what those Zizek obsessed solipsists in CineD have to say about its IDEOLOGY.

It's a movie made by Marvel/Disney, do you really have to even ask what they think?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Comic book fans live in constant fear of the thoughts of people they've never met.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TNG posted:

...did you miss the context? There's a new thread imminent

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TNG posted:

Jeez, Ant-Man must not have made that great of an impression if we're already gone into the posting joke thread titles downtime spiral before something else comes out.

Little Mac posted:

New OP coming within the next week. Thread title suggestions GO.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
BSS Movie Thread: Abandon All Saturation, Ye Who Enter Here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BSS Movie Thread: This will probably be the one that sinks Marvel

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
BSS Movie Thread: What if Apocalypse weren't in color?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BSS Movie Thread: *hamboning* ANTS *hamboning harder* ANTS *hamboning with a vengeance* ANTMAN

Yuppie Scum
Nov 28, 2003

Fortune and glory, kids. Fortune and glory.
BSS Movie Thread: Marvel's Got Jokes, DC's Got Joker

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
BSS Movie Thread: Is it too late to change the name?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BSS Movies: I started a joke,
Which started the whole thread crying

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Opopanax posted:

My vote here.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Opopanax posted:

This is good.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Opopanax posted:

This right here.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

teagone posted:

BSS Movie Thread: BSS Movie Thread

Oh, poo poo, I hadn't seen ^^^^^ when I empty quoted. Teagone's is great, but that's perfect.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 22, 2015

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Idea for a Ant-Man DVD short: Luis "borrows" the Ant-Man suit and goes on an adventure. The short is his retelling of said ant-ics with every other actor voiced over by Michael Peña.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I just want to watch the last 3 minutes of Ant Man over and over again. Everyone in the theater I was at nearly died laughing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why, what happened?

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

He'll even do the voices for the ants.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

I just want to watch the last 3 minutes of Ant Man over and over again. Everyone in the theater I was at nearly died laughing.

I don't think a single person laughed in our audience for the last joke. To be honest, I didn't get it either. Or I did, but it just didn't connect well as a joke. The whole thing was a setup because the Falcon was looking for Ant-Man? Ha ha?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

net cafe scandal posted:

Why, what happened?

Bucky was tied to a machine, and Captain America talked about honda accords.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

IUG posted:

I don't think a single person laughed in our audience for the last joke. To be honest, I didn't get it either. Or I did, but it just didn't connect well as a joke. The whole thing was a setup because the Falcon was looking for Ant-Man? Ha ha?

That's . . . not the joke.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Opopanax posted:

I like this one, but I also wanted to throw out BSS Movie thread: Accurate Psylocke cosplay center

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

That's . . . not the joke.

Yeah, I couldn't really hear it for some reason. Still, no one was laughing in the theater, so I don't know if it was just bad audio or whatever.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Havoc904 posted:

Bucky was tied to a machine, and Captain America talked about honda accords.

They say that hearing is the first thing to go...

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

BSS Movie Thread: Dayman vs Nightman: Or How I Learned to Love the D.E.N.N.I.S. System.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

zoux posted:

I am a dickhead

Edit: Shocker!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0C_Dnt7k_0

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Old Man Pants posted:

YOOUUU CAN'T ESCAPE MEEEE!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Old Man Pants posted:

Yeah that's smart. Quote the post from 2 pages ago so that anyone curious to click the link back sees it too.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BSS Movie Thread: The Deadshot of Bel-Air

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Gavok posted:

BSS Movie Thread: The Deadshot of Bel-Air

BSS Movie Thread: I'm gonna post here, really, really bad.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
BSS Movie Thread: BvS: I'm not gonna flop - I'm just gonna disappoint ya. Really, really, bad

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

CzarChasm posted:

BSS Movie Thread: BvS: I'm not gonna flop - I'm just gonna disappoint ya. Really, really, bad

Oof, this is a good one, although it doesn't capture the thread like the Marvel movie headline does. Save it for when Suicide Squad is almost out?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey, thanks to Minions being on cinemas at the same time in my city, the only Ant-Man screenings were in Spanish. Can anyone explain to me the last gag before the credits start rolling? (Luis telling Ant-Man that Falcon was looking for him) Because the translation ABSOLUTELY BOTCHED IT and everyone left the cinema with a huge "Huh?" like we were missing the punchline.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Azran posted:

Hey, thanks to Minions being on cinemas at the same time in my city, the only Ant-Man screenings were in Spanish. Can anyone explain to me the last gag before the credits start rolling? (Luis telling Ant-Man that Falcon was looking for him) Because the translation ABSOLUTELY BOTCHED IT and everyone left the cinema with a huge "Huh?" like we were missing the punchline.

Explaining jokes is terrible and makes them not-funny but here I go:

Luis is doing his story telling thing and as he gets to the end of the story he's speaking faster and faster and his point is getting more convoluted. You can't figure out which person in his story is saying which thing. He gets to the dramatic pause at the end of the story at which point Lang asks him what Falcon said. Luis gets all dramatic and says that Falcon said "Yeah" and looks really pleased with himself. It's clear that he knows what it means in the context of his story, but because his story was so convoluted nobody can understand what the hell that means and what he's talking about.

That explanation probably makes no sense because its not the kind of joke you can just explain.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 23, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

mikeraskol posted:

Explaining jokes is terrible and makes them not-funny but here I go:

Luis is doing his story telling thing and as he gets to the end of the story he's speaking faster and faster and his point is getting more convoluted. You can't figure out which person in his story is saying which thing. He gets to the dramatic pause at the end of the story at which point Lang asks him what Falcon said. Luis gets all dramatic and says that Falcon said "Yeah" and looks really pleased with himself. It's clear that he knows what it means in the context of his story, but because his story was so convoluted nobody can understand what the hell that means and what he's talking about.

That explanation probably makes no sense because its not the kind of joke you can just explain.

Ah, alright. Yes, explaining jokes is no fun but this particular dub was kinda odd in places so I was wondering if they had botched the joke or not.

Thanks!

ufarn
May 30, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

This is p. good #notmyjoker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
BSS Movie Thread : Daerht Eivom SSB

• Locked thread