Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Troposphere posted:

they're really pretty

This is all poo poo from Dark Souls just made safe for sheltered children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

projecthalaxy posted:

So is Steven Universe actually lesbian or is lesbian the same way that new nick show is about getting cucked IE in the minds of weird psychos?

they are aliens that are only female that are in relationships with each other

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Troposphere posted:

they are aliens that are only female that are in relationships with each other

So they're the aliens from Mass Effect.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

CaptainFish posted:

Tell me more about how much you hate this child in a children's cartoon.

lol

sure. he's still pretty annoying and I don't like him but I like everyone else in the show and it's pretty entertaining.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Taint Reaper posted:

The krogan? Pretty much.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The krogan? Pretty much.

no the Asari/Blue Man Group

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Taint Reaper posted:

no the Asari/Blue Man Group

They have too much dignity to be associated with them.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

The Taint Reaper posted:

minus half of them being strippers for no reason

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Troposphere posted:

minus half of them being strippers for no reason

In Steven Universe, there are strange terrible reasons behind virtually everything.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Captain Redbeard posted:

this is the exact opposite of the show's main theme but don't let that stop you from projecting your insecurities onto cartoons

why did his mom say otherwise

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I hate their loving stupid circle lips

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Kikka posted:

why did his mom say otherwise

spoiler alert: his mom has kind of unhealthy views about humans

also steven grows a whole bunch as a character, as do the other characters

I love Pearl because you get to watch her become more and more messed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBRzC5cf9ZU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Most of these clips probably suck out of context. One of the neat things about the show is that the character development and serious moments come sparingly and after a lot of gradual buildup.

At first it's like oh hey zany aliens and poo poo but then it's like yeah, actually, these circumstances are pretty complicated and hosed up in a lot of cases let's take a break and shine a light on that.

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 22, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

a cop posted:

Most of these clips probably suck out of context. The thing about the show is that the character development and serious moments come sparingly after a lot of gradual buildup.

Yeah and you know who did this poo poo better?

Futurama

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah and you know who did this poo poo better?

Futurama

Maybe! The original writers behind Futurama were pretty brilliant.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

a cop posted:

Most of these clips probably suck out of context. One of the neat things about the show is that the character development and serious moments come sparingly and after a lot of gradual buildup.

At first it's like oh hey zany aliens and poo poo but then it's like yeah, actually, these circumstances are pretty complicated and hosed up in a lot of cases let's take a break and shine a light on that.

it's just to show the people who couldn't make it past the first ep that there's a little bit more to it than cookie cat

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I am an end 20s man and I kinda like steven universe every other weeks Ill smoke a joint and watch the newest episodes. The art is nice and the concepts are neat. It is however something I would never admit to someone I know.

Also sometimes I think that the people in this show are kinda whiny and childish and then I remember that is literally a show for kids and feel like a manchild.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

In Steven Universe, there are strange terrible reasons behind virtually everything.

Wait, even more strange and terrible than why people become strippers in the real world?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

whats the official opinion now, about this cartoon, gbs?

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
shows awesome hth

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

TEAYCHES posted:

gay, gay gay

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

one of hitler's bad ideas

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i heard people who are SJWs (social justice warriors) enjoy it, though. is that true?

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
kill everyone who watches cartoons and divide their belongings evenly among the remaining citizenry

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TEAYCHES posted:

It's pretty good, not everyone 100% loves it though and there's nothing wrong with that.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

i heard people who are SJWs (social justice warriors) enjoy it, though. is that true?

There are lots of fat/female/non-white characters who are just normal people so probably, yeah.

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

'Prepubescent mouse vore'; three words I never thought to put together until just now.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

TEAYCHES posted:

Also, redditors. I hear those redditors and 4channers love the show. Further evidence of their depravity, imo

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Why not just enjoy Bojack, Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers, and Archer why do you need to dip your toes into the void of childrens cartoons?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Why not just enjoy Bojack, Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers, and Archer why do you need to dip your toes into the void of childrens cartoons?

Because people look to be offended about things and social issues and those series directly make fun of said social issues.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i cant recall anything offensive about rick and morty

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Just man-up and watch some loving anime already, jeez. The really dry kind with stone-faced bureaucrats discussing law and policy and philosophy and poo poo. Start with Mamoru Oshii's Patlabor 2.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Al Cowens posted:

Just man-up and watch some loving anime already, jeez. The really dry kind with stone-faced bureaucrats discussing law and policy and philosophy and poo poo. Start with Mamoru Oshii's Patlabor 2.

this looks cool and boring, im gonna dl it. any other recommendations for anime that isnt gay

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBoKxEcVAA

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

So you don't remember garfield walking up on screen and calling them racial slurs and making rape jokes?

Because that happened.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Jellybean tried to rape Morty

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

So you don't remember garfield walking up on screen and calling them racial slurs and making rape jokes?

Because that happened.

yeah but that was just funny, i mean thats cartoon satire of a cartoon - even with my far left views how could someone be honestly offended by that?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

yeah but that was just funny, i mean thats cartoon satire of a cartoon - even with my far left views how could someone be honestly offended by that?

Because people look to be offended for attention.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Because that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_LJtG2gXSc

nah that was really tame the censoring made it seem way worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Sup my glipglops!

• Locked thread