Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

They are doing that though.

I mean they could do that for NX too if they wanted to keep this dumb thing going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I didn't realize but in the process of trying to fill out the entire Persona Summon Compendium there's a ton of demons who are openly showing their dicks and the written descriptions always mention then loving the daylights out of people.

I thought Chariot Ben Hur Penis demon was the only one, but there are dozens....

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Motto posted:

I mean they could do that for NX too if they wanted to keep this dumb thing going.

There is literally no reason why they would not.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The NX needs better support because this would be like the 4th system in a row to not have sufficient support or exclusives.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did they confirm it was a home console yet an not a handheld?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

did they confirm it was a home console yet an not a handheld?

Yeah it's a home console and yes they did confirm it so people would understand that nintendo is not leaving the home console business despite not having a stable system in two decades.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
T'reaped again

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
seriously tailend of the n64 was when everything went to poo poo and they never recovered. And then you got stuff that was really weak garbage on the gamecube like Starfox Adventures and Donkey Konga.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the Game Cube Wii and Wii U have had some great Nintendo games that I enjoyed a great deal, and I have not regretted owning a single one. give me a hell yeah if you agree, or just sit back and let your taint get reaped.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

the Game Cube Wii and Wii U have had some great Nintendo games that I enjoyed a great deal, and I have not regretted owning a single one. give me a hell yeah if you agree, or just sit back and let your taint get reaped.

hell yeah even despite that nintendo's release schedule was very painful for teenage me. in their defense, i was too big of a blind fanboy to consider also buying a ps2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

PS2 is definitely a primo console, so much so that the wife and i are considering buying a used one just to play some of the old games after we finish our Zeldathon.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

and either way you could either one up for $30 or something after their time was up

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Is it a bad sign that in the past 2 days, I've played more p4g then anything?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Persona 4 is a real good game, so no.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theultimo posted:

welcome to the fold.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

theultimo posted:

it's a pretty good dating sim I guess

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

theultimo posted:

We...we are brothers.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Now join us as we wait and not get any more trailers or new information for Persona 5.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
please do not gamecube shame, i still have mine hooked up as my main console and the only single piece of my collection that doesn't work perfectly is a lovely third party gba controller port, thanks for reminding me to play some gba games on my Gameboy Player (TM).

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bicyclops posted:

PS2 is definitely a primo console, so much so that the wife and i are considering buying a used one just to play some of the old games after we finish our Zeldathon.

I just beat Katamari Damacy today on my PS2. The PS2 is a very good console. Why do you not already own a PS2, friend?!?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Accordion Man posted:

Now join us as we wait and not get any more trailers or new information for Persona 5.

Persona 4 will be in persona 5. You will open Persona 5 and realize it's Persona 4:Part 5.

Think of it as Reverse Metal gear Solid 2. like You start with lovely characters but they fake you out and 90% of the game is played with the awesome persona 4 cast.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I just beat Katamari Damacy today on my PS2. The PS2 is a very good console. Why do you not already own a PS2, friend?!?

Mine was jointly owned by my brothers and I, and as the oldest brother, I let them keep it when I departed for college, as my roommate had one. One of my brothers still has it, and it still works great.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Look at that sales decline

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

Persona 4 will be in persona 5. You will open Persona 5 and realize it's Persona 4:Part 5.

Think of it as Reverse Metal gear Solid 2. like You start with lovely characters but they fake you out and 90% of the game is played with the awesome persona 4 cast.
But the P5 cast already have more swag than the P4 cast.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

:geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Mine was jointly owned by my brothers and I, and as the oldest brother, I let them keep it when I departed for college, as my roommate had one. One of my brothers still has it, and it still works great.

I think you can get one for like $30 so do it right away!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

This is why I say the things I do. They're not to hurt you, they are to make you stronger and accept the truth.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

That's what happens when you actually have competition after only having incompetent rivals during the 80s and early 90s.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

heres what nintendo needs to do, they should *farts out of own mouth*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

C'mon man the Wii-U is the equivalent of your dealer handing you a bag of dried out romaine lettuce and trying to pass it off as weed.

it's weak poo poo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

thank you mr. malstrom

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Mario Kart 8 still does not have a functioning battle mode after all this time, something that the n64 was able to pull off was somehow unable to be done on a piece of modern machinery.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think you can get one for like $30 so do it right away!

that's my plan. after Zelda, we're going to play some Final Fantasy classics.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Mario Kart 8 still does not have a functioning battle mode after all this time, something that the n64 was able to pull off was somehow unable to be done on a piece of modern machinery.

lazily made isn't nonfunctioning

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

lazily made isn't nonfunctioning

Maybe not, but lazy and non-functioning do share a ton of overlap.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

:science:

Motto posted:

thank you mr. malstrom
Now have I told you about how american women are way uglier than romanian women and blah blah returnofkings blah blah

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the game cube is unironically my favorite game console ever

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey where are the Virtual Boy sales figures?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

So lifetime they'll hit PC engine sales, that's fine, pc engine owned

• Locked thread