Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Heads up, the kickerstarter for part 3 is ending in another hour or so. They already got up to 6 million so expect the LP for part 3 around 2020 or so.

Congratulations to the multi-billion dollar company for shaving $6 million off their budget for this game on the backs of crowdfunding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Surprised it got that much money considering how lovely these games are

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
The next stretch goal it missed was ragdoll physics, the only important one

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

frajaq posted:

Surprised it got that much money considering how lovely these games are

Yeah I don't get it.They're going to get competent VAs and it'll just be some really underwhelming life sim with capsule toys.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

TechnoSyndrome posted:

The next stretch goal it missed was ragdoll physics, the only important one

It's an open world game being developed in the year 2015. Stretch goal or not, they're using the havok engine.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait for Shenmune 3 to come out and not being the end of the 19(?) chapter story causing another 10 or so years of people asking for Shenmune 4

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

cmykjester posted:

I can't wait for Shenmune 3 to come out and not being the end of the 19(?) chapter story causing another 10 or so years of people asking for Shenmune 4
Yu Suzuki actually said 3 wouldn't end the story and that he wants to make more Shenmue games. I doubt that's going to work out for him.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Speaking of things that get money, holy poo poo you guys are loaded now. Can't wait to see what you lose it all on.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Glazius posted:

Speaking of things that get money, holy poo poo you guys are loaded now. Can't wait to see what you lose it all on.

derts, what else?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Anoia posted:

derts, what else?

Pigeon figurines

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

:negative:

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
The thing that is probably annoying you plot wise right now... it's going to happen again in the next act of the game, so probably get used to saving.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:Updates:frogsiren:
Ep 33 - Ducks Rule Everything Around Me (youtube)

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doc Morbid posted:

Yu Suzuki actually said 3 wouldn't end the story and that he wants to make more Shenmue games. I doubt that's going to work out for him.

This ducking series. He sounds like a crazy person.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Of course you blew that much money, never change guys

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, they aren't totally broke.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
I wonder how much you would actually need to hundred percent this game? I mean you only pay like what $30 in rent per day and you don't really need to buy anything ever so that entire 3k could probably just get used on capsules.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

cmykjester posted:

This ducking series. He sounds like a crazy person.

I donated $300 to the development of Shenmue 3. You're welcome in advance, guys.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Random_Username posted:

I wonder how much you would actually need to hundred percent this game? I mean you only pay like what $30 in rent per day and you don't really need to buy anything ever so that entire 3k could probably just get used on darts.

Fixed

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
What the flying gently caress is this game

EDIT: Whoops

Danaru fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 23, 2015

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
spoilers dood

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
After watching this episode and seeing how happy Deilin is, I remembered that there is a bonus scene where if you've befriended him enough, he teaches you a new move. It's strong as hell (I'm pretty sure it can OHKO some enemies), but pretty useless because it's so slow. Also, he's nowhere near as picky as Fangmei. You just need to shift boxes with him a few times and then be standing by the water at one end of the pier.

Also, the duck racing was always poo poo. Even if you do the next bit in the duck racing quest.

Oh, and you guys were right. Someone will comment on it in the thread. Isn't the Binsbein from Space Harrier? I remember seeing silver versions of it in the original.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
I think watching ducks run in to walls and barrels like they have been sniffing paint thinner was the highlight of this LP for me.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Goddammit these are the dumbest ducks ever, all that previous effort...for this??

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

frajaq posted:

Goddammit these are the dumbest ducks ever, all that previous effort...for this??

What episode did the quest for duck racing begin, anyway?

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

pointlessone posted:

What episode did the quest for duck racing begin, anyway?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hoss Corncave posted:

After watching this episode and seeing how happy Deilin is, I remembered that there is a bonus scene where if you've befriended him enough, he teaches you a new move. It's strong as hell (I'm pretty sure it can OHKO some enemies), but pretty useless because it's so slow.
Much like Delin himself.

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Apparently no one on the internet has figured out what "guts" is supposed to mean. Been looking for an answer on gamefaqs and what-have-you but I haven't find anything yet. I did find something though, that a sidequest involves catching a wild duck, you can control him like a chocobo when racing, then the more races you do the better his stats get and you can even race against penguins depending on the weather or something.

mkob fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 24, 2015

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I'm going to guess guts determines if/how well they fly off the stairs.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
EDIT: Removed stuff they already knew about.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 24, 2015

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Since there's no other stat for it, I would assume Guts is like intelligence or something and determines if the duck can navigate barrels and if it's going to crash into walls.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sindai posted:

oh my god with subtitles on the duck's quacks get translated

This game is best of all time

SgCloud
Oct 30, 2011

MR. J posted:

I'm going to guess guts determines if/how well they fly off the stairs.

I would have also assumed that guts increases the likelihood of the duck taking a flight down the stairs.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
yes lets all talk about the things that happen in the upcoming videos

i for one was surprised when joy gets hit by that car and we had to chase after the gang members on her motorcycle

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kuvo posted:

i for one was surprised when joy gets hit by that car and we had to chase after the gang members on her motorcycle

"911 what is your emergency?"
"What can you tell me about the Heavens?"

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Kuvo posted:

The part where Ryo learns the Hadouken is really sick too

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Kuvo posted:

It surprised me that Ren of Heavens turned out to be a giant bear riding a tiny bicycle

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

topiKal posted:

It surprised me that Ren of Heavens turned out to be a giant bear riding a tiny bicycle

Don't forget the final boss fight turning into an impromptu rap battle/dance-off against Lan Di. Dude can throw some sick rhymes if you aren't careful.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:Updates:frogsiren:
Ep 34 - Ducks and Darts (youtube)

if this gets blocked in non US countries or something ill upload a version without the music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Neo Darts is really terrible. Never played it more than a couple times.

• Locked thread