Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
lol @ the Full Sail crowd being so loving butthurt that NXT would dare have a show in front of 11,000 people instead of their version of the iMPACT Zone.

quote:

One person told me, "I'm glad you love NXT, but it's ours. You can enjoy it from your couch, or just come here instead."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

Fart Radio posted:

I once heard him yell "Hey Nattie, you're the FOURTH best wrestler in the ring right now!" during one of her tag matches on NXT.

Also "never be afraid of a guy that wrestles in a shirt!" during an Owens-Neville match.

what a dork

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
My thoughts:

1. Eva looks really awkward running around the ring. Her moves aren't so bad, but she looks like she is running in slow motion. I not imagine a Dana Brooke vs Eva Marie match and my brain might explode.

2. Cassie was the stand out in her match. Those kicks ruled.

3. Evil Emma is awesome and her new theme is one of the best in NXT.

4. Dana Brooke can't wrestle very good, but that backstage promo with Charlotte was probably her best to date.

5. Owens rubbing in the fact NXT Takeover will be in Brooklyn to the Full Sail crowd was brilliant. Such a perfect dick move and it make me smile.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Eva looked like she was afraid of being in the ring. I was ready to give her credit for improvement, but she moved so gingerly and everything was so slow. You can't walk into a Sliced Bread #2 and expect it to look anything but terrible. Props to THE Brian Kendrick for getting her to the point where she can take bumps and at least do some moves, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

Also, Finn in a suit is always a highlight and he should appear every week in one.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Eva moved slow and needs to work on her transitional game (she still runs the ropes like Kelly Kelly). It was an acceptable re-debut, but out of the two in the ring Cassie clearly has the bigger upside.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope Cassie gets a real character and starts winning matches soon, because she's impressed me every time despite being a jobber.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Benne posted:

I hope Cassie gets a real character and starts winning matches soon, because she's impressed me every time despite being a jobber.

Yeah. I mean she was JUST signed and immediately showed up on tv. Even if it's as a jobber, to me it means that they really like her. Both the Aussie ladies they brought in are solid.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I hope they don't teach Eva anything but random indie spots and give her the title anyway

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah. I mean she was JUST signed and immediately showed up on tv. Even if it's as a jobber, to me it means that they really like her. Both the Aussie ladies they brought in are solid.

She also got in more offense than most jobbers and it really stood out for how unique it was. I'm guessing the Aussie's will move up the card quickly to fill the void left by the Horsewomen moving to Raw.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
okay I just got back home and I'm catching up and maybe it's just cause I've been out late but that Baron Corbin segment was one of the funniest things I've ever seen

literal seconds, jobber didn't even get a name or do a single move, A+

e: Samoa Joe is a dude I know should impress me - I saw him live back in January at a TNA taping and had his virtues extolled to me - yet has just kinda bored me in NXT. Has he even had a significant match yet? And a match with Rhyno just sounds sad :(

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 23, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Eva's learning some things but clearly not others. She looked incredibly wooden. Even with her rest holds, she was cranking them just by puffing up her own torso instead of actually cinching in the move. NXT is still developmental so it's fine, but she could've used another few months of polish. She's definitely better on the mic, she just needs to spike the camera.

Cassie kicking the hell out of her was cool though, and the kicks are going to give her something distinct and memorable about her moveset.

Also what is Blake's hair.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Even when Eva was walking to the ring, she literally showed no emotion. She was protraying any character or anything. Its like someone told her "pretend you're an emotionless robot."

I remember her first NXT match vs Bayley and she had a cooler entrance.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I didn't like Bayley's return match as much as I wanted to but I think it's just because I don't like matches that mostly focus on working injuries

her return promo though :unsmith:

e: here's my regular Looking At StubHub update:

gently caress everything

(there are some cheaper options if I buy a pair, so if anyone here wants to split some tickets let me know :smith:)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 23, 2015

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

DM Punk posted:

Even when Eva was walking to the ring, she literally showed no emotion. She was protraying any character or anything. Its like someone told her "pretend you're an emotionless robot."

I remember her first NXT match vs Bayley and she had a cooler entrance.

Eva has had the most drama of anyone on Total Divas including family members with cancer, a wedding, and a leaking boob and her voice did not change levels once when going through any of those things. She might actually be a poorly functioning robot.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Are you saying she's some sort of... Big Red Machine?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

do y'all think Angelo Dawkins and Sawyer Fulton will end up known as Dawkins and Fulton or Angelo and Sawyer

e: Alexa as the mouthpiece/beard for a couple of yokels is a wonderful gimmick and I hope it keeps going for a while

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 23, 2015

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Joe is boring as poo poo.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
They are kinda dropping the ball with Joe. Part of it is cause his theme song sucks and it zaps the fun out of his character. And outside of Owens, there isn't anyone else in NXT right now for Joe to have fun matches with.

Can NXT bring in Nerco Butcher or something for short run?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Owens just punched regal in the fuckin face during that contract signing shouldn't he be like fired or something

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I feel like Joe is either going to end up being the new gatekeeper in NXT, or he will go up to the main roster. Maybe he will be the third Wyatt :aaa:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

Owens just punched regal in the fuckin face during that contract signing shouldn't he be like fired or something

Loses at Takeover, immediately fired via Corbin throwing him in a garbage truck.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
Regal Vs Owens fued.

It's just a squash where regal uses brass knuckles and beats owens in 5 seconds.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They hired Bandido Jr. as a referee:
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=2918

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Lots of things happened this week, but I'm gonna analyze what's really important here: new wrestling entrance themes.

Eva Marie lost her secret best women's entrance theme for her NXT debut and that is terrible. New song is pretty bleh too. Does not bode well for her at all.

Samoa Joe got a better theme, but it's still mediocre at best, the beat is lazy as gently caress. At least it's not Donkey Kong music anymore, also it features Godsuke on vocals so that's a plus. Maybe when he gets his title feud we'll finally see his theme song's final form.

For the things that don't really matter that much, we learned that Eva is a bad wrestler, which is a vast improvement over her previous condition of not being a wrestler at all. Also, that Tyler Breeze is like a cat and he likes to perch on top of high things to feel superior. Regal should probably invest in a little cat pole right outside his office, maybe get him another feline friend to play...

Oh, and Simon Gotch got the best comeback offense ever.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Eva Marie really wrestles like someone who only wrestles with a trainer one on one and only about doing spots very carefully

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Why haven't they put up Emma's new theme online yet

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

at least joes new music is somewhat imposing, and I like the roar in it

also once again admitted villain William Regal placed his hand on KO first, owens had no choice but to defend himself

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
The amount of people who disliked Joe's old and amazing Donkey Kong music is shocking to me, that poo poo was extremely my jam

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
His theme was great. DK Rap is a good song so idk how people could dislike it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

he has no style he has no grace, this samoan has a funny face

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy8gd1lIAuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy6zD4eRu-s

STOP TEASING OWENS-REGAL

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Why are they making everyone look at a wall when cutting a promo?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

keevo posted:

Why are they making everyone look at a wall when cutting a promo?

Cue cards for the ones so thick they can't actually remember lines.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Not allowed to look at the camera anymore for some stupid reason.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Eltoasto posted:

Watching some WCW, Hugh Morris did a whole promo looking off camera. I wasn't sure if it was part of his crazy man gimmick, or if it's a more common direction than we thought.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Autism awareness.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

rovert posted:

Autism awareness.

I laughed at this more than I should have.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Rovert what is the opinion on Cassie at NXT? She got on TV really quick and looks good in the ring, I'm hoping this jobbing will turn into a push eventually.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

triplexpac posted:

Watching some WCW, Hugh Morris did a whole promo looking off camera. I wasn't sure if it was part of his crazy man gimmick, or if it's a more common direction than we thought.

I think it was on a PPV or something from several years back, but one time Randy Orton during his whole crazy period cut an entire promo looking in a really random off-camera direction, and it was weird as gently caress. Not in a creepy unnerving way, more like a distracting and silly overacting way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Rovert what is the opinion on Cassie at NXT? She got on TV really quick and looks good in the ring, I'm hoping this jobbing will turn into a push eventually.

Cassie is really good but still pretty green you can still see her run spots through her head. Her and Jessie will carry the division post-Becky, Charlotte and Sasha.

• Locked thread