Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
My god, the bugs in this game :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

There is an entire generation, maybe two, who consider Sonic games holy gospel

:barf:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Sequence break that automatically gives you the upgrades that you should have, you don't see a lot of those afaik.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Man, what is it with Sonic games and comically long loading screens?

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

So yeah, he just skipped half the game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

victrix posted:

Definitely at least 2 and for them sonic adventure 2 was like the second coming of Christ.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Dezinus posted:

Man, what is it with Sonic games and comically long loading screens?

Sometimes to go fast, you gotta know what it means to go slow.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What is with sonic games and being so broken

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Did you know there's a time travel aspect to this plot?

Try to spot whenever time travel happens but we can't tell.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This game is so ugly. Compare it to Sonic Lost World, another Wii U Sonic game that's actually really pretty and not terrible.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Little Mac posted:

not terrible.

Maybe so but I never heard anyone say it's brilliant

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

victrix posted:

What exactly is wrong with that? Sonic was good as gently caress up through 2001.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I don't know if the constant witty quips from the characters make this better or worse.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Sonic generations (and, to a lesser extent, colors and lost world) is actually a really good game, which makes this garbage all the more surprising.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

sout posted:

Oh yeah, no, it's still not good. It was... enjoyable?

Basically outside of Generations, there hasn't been a good Sonic game since Adventure 1.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

sout posted:

Sadly "not terrible" is amazing by Sonic standards.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dezinus posted:

I don't know if the constant witty quips from the characters make this better or worse.

watch out for the killer vines
they rock
haha good thing im so skinny
need more rings
super boost ring

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I actually think Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game of all time. :blush:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nonstop Talking: The Video Game. Holy poo poo, shut up Sonic and not-Sonics! Is the game normally that chatty or is that because he's blazing through it so quick?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

watch out for the killer vines
they rock
haha good thing im so skinny
need more rings
super boost ring

THAT WAS EASY

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Little Mac posted:

Oh yeah, no, it's still not good. It was... enjoyable?

Basically outside of Generations, there hasn't been a good Sonic game since Adventure 1.

The werehog game wasn't complete trash (not GREAT but ok) and Colors was great.

Some people like the DS games too.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ChibiSoma posted:

Nonstop Talking: The Video Game. Holy poo poo, shut up Sonic and not-Sonics! Is the game normally that chatty or is that because he's blazing through it so quick?
They usually repeat themselves a lot more.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ChibiSoma posted:

It's normally this chatty, it's trying to catch up on jokes too :allears:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Little Mac posted:

I actually think Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game of all time. :blush:

Being a retread of when the series wasn't poo poo isn't worth much.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

ChibiSoma posted:

Yes, in the proud tradition of Sonic Heroes.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Thia piece of poo poo runs on CryEngine? Haha, what the gently caress.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Daytime segments of Unleashed, Colors, Generations, and both episodes of Sonic 4 were all good enough for Sonic to still exist. They were okay. They were "Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe" tier. Not great, but not awful either. Classic platform guys across the board don't seem to be doing well. I can't remember the last huge Mario game to get a lot of attention. Mega Man is dead. Sonic has been in dire straits for years. It's bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh, it only had 1 QA member

Not team. Member.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please note that the game is spawning numerous Eggmen during that segment. If you pass one up there's another that spawns to keep yelling at you because they didn't let the original follow you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Haha, one QA tester. What a mess.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SonicRulez posted:

Daytime segments of Unleashed, Colors, Generations, and both episodes of Sonic 4 were all good enough for Sonic to still exist. They were okay. They were "Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe" tier. Not great, but not awful either. Classic platform guys across the board don't seem to be doing well. I can't remember the last huge Mario game to get a lot of attention. Mega Man is dead. Sonic has been in dire straits for years. It's bad.

Sonic 4 was unplayable garbage, but Super Mario 3D World is the best in the series.

And then Mega Man...

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Known Shippable

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah Mario 3D World and even Toad's Treasure Tracker were super well loved and received. Not sure what you're talking about :psyduck:

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
The Eggman Boss fight was pretty funny from what I saw. I hate Eggman's VA, though...

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah Mario 3D World and even Toad's Treasure Tracker were super well loved and received. Not sure what you're talking about :psyduck:

Mario 3D World was well-received as I would expect a Super Mario World would be, but I'm talking about Game of the Year prominence. When's the last time Mario has gone THAT far? And I'll admit flat out I've never heard of Toad's Treasure Tracker.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zorglorfian posted:

The Eggman Boss fight was pretty funny from what I saw. I hate Eggman's VA, though...

Wow rude.

Also time travel just happened could you tell

SonicRulez posted:

Mario 3D World was well-received as I would expect a Super Mario World would be, but I'm talking about Game of the Year prominence. When's the last time Mario has gone THAT far? And I'll admit flat out I've never heard of Toad's Treasure Tracker.

It was nominated for a number of awards including GOTY I'm pretty sure though?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Zorglorfian posted:

This game had at least one funny writer and several of the cutscenes are actually fun. All wasted on this game, though.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Pause screen lag, what the actual gently caress?

Man you've gotta muff up pretty hard to have the game poo poo itself while pausing.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

BOUNCE PAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

This game is a pile of poo poo but I actually really like the character animations, especially in the cutscenes.

• Locked thread