Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
I always wish they'd show the world record for the run, for reference. Is there an easy place to look that stuff up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ekster posted:

Has there ever been a good Sonic game?

Like, since the first one?

1-3, Day Unleashed, Generations. I'll go to bat for Chaotix too.

Never got into the Adventure games though.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Sonic 1 and the base game of Sonic 3 both suck a lot, 2 and & Knuckles are both great. That, Colors, and Generations. That's it. Those are the only good Sonic games.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Sonic games cause cancer, please don't play sonic games

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

LethalGeek posted:

Sonic Adventure isn't a good game it was just good enough. Looking at now it's goofy & floaty as gently caress

True it is floaty, but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM8h2Xyis9M

I wanna always save the flowers from evil deterioration.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Not Shadow Fever

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I really wish this guy would talk instead of yell.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This one guy projecting his internal monologue and referencing tech that nobody else understands is weirding me out

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

This is WHO I AM.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Schurik posted:

I really wish this guy would talk instead of yell.

Dude's probably nervous

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Okay the game ends with you straight up killing Eggman. Edgy.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
I actually really enjoy the ending song for the Neutral path and I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING.

It's pretty much the only thing that I unironically like from the game though. Christ, I forgot how bad everything else was.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Ending on straight-up murder.

The edgiest hedgehog.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Studio spotted

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Okay the game ends with you straight up killing Eggman. Edgy.

Actually there are 11 endings.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
$50 towards killing the Eggmans.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Szmitten posted:

Deeper storylines than a Bioware game.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Definitely a product of it's time, hahaha. Does that make any sense in context or nah sonic games are dumb?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

LethalGeek posted:

Definitely a product of it's time, hahaha. Does that make any sense in context or nah sonic games are dumb?
nah sonic games are dumb

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

LethalGeek posted:

Do you really have to ask?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Szmitten posted:

There are 326.

it is such a large amount of misplaced effort

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Good sonic games:
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
+Knuckles
Sonic CD (debatable but alright)
GBA 1
GBA 2 (Never played it but heard it holds up pretty well)
Rush Adventure 1
Daytime Unleashed
Colors
Generations

Colors is pretty bad if you don't learn the convulsed rear end controls. If you get the controls down it's actually not terrible outside it's plot.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
ESPN style video gamer interviews strike me as hilarious for some reason

sout
Apr 24, 2014

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

There are 326.

it is such a large amount of misplaced effort

Step it up, Heavy Rain

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

UV_Catastrophe posted:

ESPN style video gamer interviews strike me as hilarious for some reason

This needs to be playing while the interview plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbU4fPYRvcY

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Jesus, the Crowne hotel has executive ballrooms for interviews and poo poo, this looks awful.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I really like Sonic Adventure 2. It's barely a Sonic game, but its fun on its own and the bizarre amount of secrets and hidden objects is always something I enjoy in a game.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Adventure 2 was the best 3D Sonic until Unleashed/Colors. Great music, cool atmosphere, hilarious cutscenes, and the gameplay wasn't painful.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

GBA 2 (Never played it but heard it holds up pretty well)
Rush Adventure 1
Daytime Unleashed

Those are bad.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wheres blueglass :smith:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

I always wish they'd show the world record for the run, for reference. Is there an easy place to look that stuff up?
Main reason they don't is it would likely lead to a bunch of "THIS GUY SUCKS WHERE'S THE WR RUNNER" poo poo talking from people who don't understand the difference between WR strats and marathon-safe strats.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

It's fun to make fun of Sonic fans but I can be put in my place for having played all the Kingdom Hearts games. What is wrong with me.

KH is returning this year with Birth By Sleep, which tbh I've never seen a run of.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Akett posted:

Adventure 2 was the best 3D Sonic until Unleashed/Colors. Great music, cool atmosphere, hilarious cutscenes, and the gameplay wasn't painful.

Unless you bought the initial Dreamcast run, where the game was literally broken because of a GD Rom issue

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Main reason they don't is it would likely lead to a bunch of "THIS GUY SUCKS WHERE'S THE WR RUNNER" poo poo talking from people who don't understand the difference between WR strats and marathon-safe strats.

Yeah, the people who complain about people loving up on live stream need to actually sit in these runners' stream channels when they're trying to go for top times. A lot of disappointment and thrown controllers before everything falls into place.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

sout posted:

It's fun to make fun of Sonic fans but I can be put in my place for having played all the Kingdom Hearts games. What is wrong with me.

KH is returning this year with Birth By Sleep, which tbh I've never seen a run of.

On days like these, we are all 15.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Stink Terios posted:

Those are bad.

Rush Adventure 1 was alright.

Daytime unleashed owned though and was what set up for the following 2 games.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

theultimo posted:

Unless you bought the initial Dreamcast run, where the game was literally broken because of a GD Rom issue

I had the gamecube version :smug:

sout posted:

I kind of wish I had a PS2 back in the day so I could have gotten into those games. I love me some stupidly convoluted anime bullshit to laugh at. Ah who am I kidding, back in the day I'd have loved it unironically.

Akett fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 26, 2015

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

To be fair to the Sonic fans I recently bought FFXIII-2 from the steam sale so I can get disappointed all over again.

My excuse is that it was pretty cheap and maybe the new Pokemon mechanic is fun?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Akett posted:

I had the gamecube version :smug:

I kind of wish I had a PS2 back in the day so I could have gotten into those games. I love me some stupidly convoluted anime bullshit to laugh at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm6MQaY89Z8 This is all you need to know about the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Colors is pretty bad if you don't learn the convulsed rear end controls. If you get the controls down it's actually not terrible outside it's plot.

Isn't the whole plot just "Eggman captured a bunch of things and put them in robots. Blow up his factory and set them free"? Did you mean Sonic Lost World?

• Locked thread