Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Davinci posted:

We all know what actually is going to happen is she's just going to turn into a teenager and start getting hot for Jeehan just like literally every other girl in the comic

I know but shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Wolpertinger posted:

If we're talking D&D Charisma here, if he gets charisma to godly levels he can just talk anyone into doing literally anything he wants including killing themselves or just immediately surrendering/fighting on his side. I'd imagine most people in that world wouldn't really have much protection against god-like charisma either other than plugging their ears and covering their eyes, since it's not /technically/ an attack.

If you get high charisma, you get those shoujo manga backgrounds (you know, the one with the sparkling roses and poo poo?) whenever you look at a person.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

SSNeoman posted:

If you get high charisma, you get those shoujo manga backgrounds (you know, the one with the sparkling roses and poo poo?) whenever you look at a person.

I don't really think of charisma as beauty. It is a component, but charisma to me is raw force of personality. Technically he could get prettier, but maybe a small bump in charisma would make people more interested in him and take him more seriously.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Oh man. Did anyone else keep following Remonster? It was right on the line between stupid and creepy for a while, but the last few chapters took it to the extreme.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Dr_Amazing posted:

Oh man. Did anyone else keep following Remonster? It was right on the line between stupid and creepy for a while, but the last few chapters took it to the extreme.

What happened?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone dropped it when someone spoiled what happens from reading the light novels

Artificer posted:

What happened?

harem end

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Artificer posted:

What happened?

NWS I guess.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

what the gently caress

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:catstare:

Artificer posted:

what the gently caress

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

R A P I S T

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Annointed posted:

R A P I S T

Actually they all begged him for it.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Artificer posted:

what the gently caress

I got spoiled some later aspects of the novel. It gets worse. So much worse.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Leper Residue posted:

Actually they all begged him for it.

B R A I N W A S H

F E T I S H I S T

Seriously though what the gently caress man?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Nah it's nothing that weird. Dude didn't even do anything to get it.

It's just the standard harem fantasy "all the girls end up wanting him" wish fulfillment thing, except skipping the harem comedy bullshit part and went straight for the money shot.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Nothing weird about keeping a bunch of women locked up in the back of a cave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1lc6KASWg

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...
You see, its not rape because I injected them with powerful aphrodisiacs and after a few days they broke down and wanted to have sex with me.
Later I set up separate rooms for them and prettier male elfs where all goblins could visit them as a reward.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
RE:monster is really bad.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i'm a supre badass assassin but I died under strange circumstnaces; I was reborn as a goblin for some reason

My power? My power is the power to have all of the powers.

Also I have a power to gently caress bitches. Because I do that.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 29, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Also I get to lead my increasingly badass crew against everyone and commit horrible atrocities and enslave multiple races, but it's okay because I keep that poo poo under wraps and the leaders of the people I enslave still love me.

I must admit I keep following it though because I want to see just how low it can sink.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

NowonSA posted:

Also I get to lead my increasingly badass crew against everyone and commit horrible atrocities and enslave multiple races, but it's okay because I keep that poo poo under wraps and the leaders of the people I enslave still love me.

I must admit I keep following it though because I want to see just how low it can sink.

Enslavement and rape not low enough? The novel is really gross.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Fabricated posted:

RE:monster is really bad.

If you want a somewhat better take on the concept Slime Tensei is a thing. The LN is also being translated by someone, but I haven't checked it to see where things head from here but so far the protagonist is decent, and it feels like other characters will get to have developed personalities

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hell overlord doesn't even pretend that what Ainz does is in the line of good. He's evil but he owns it and is too busy trying to be better for his people.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but for some reason the whole concept of game stuff intruding into real life just grabs me.

I'm following 5 or 6 Mangas that do this. The bad thing is they mostly tend to get gross pretty quickly.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but for some reason the whole concept of game stuff intruding into real life just grabs me.

I'm following 5 or 6 Mangas that do this. The bad thing is they mostly tend to get gross pretty quickly.

They tend to be wish fulfillment stories, written by unpopular dorks. And as it turns out, dorks have some pretty lovely wishes they want fulfilled.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Azur posted:

You see, its not rape because I injected them with powerful aphrodisiacs and after a few days they broke down and wanted to have sex with me.
Later I set up separate rooms for them and prettier male elfs where all goblins could visit them as a reward.
Is this a later thing or from something else, because I don't recall anything like that actually happening.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Paracelsus posted:

Is this a later thing or from something else, because I don't recall anything like that actually happening.

Later.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Annointed posted:

Hell overlord doesn't even pretend that what Ainz does is in the line of good. He's evil but he owns it and is too busy trying to be better for his people.

So him saving a town from raiding soldiers and sharing healing medicine was evil? Like the only sort of overtly evil thing I've seen from that so far was his summon creature having a bit too much fun killing that one guy trying to bribe it.

This was pretty funny. Is it a monthly series?

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

The Lord of Hats posted:

If you want a somewhat better take on the concept Slime Tensei is a thing. The LN is also being translated by someone, but I haven't checked it to see where things head from here but so far the protagonist is decent, and it feels like other characters will get to have developed personalities

Slime Tensei doesn't get creepy afaik. I mean there's the usual "everyone's in love with the main protagonist" wish fulfillment going on. But the main character is, and remains, genderless.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Brainamp posted:

So him saving a town from raiding soldiers and sharing healing medicine was evil? Like the only sort of overtly evil thing I've seen from that so far was his summon creature having a bit too much fun killing that one guy trying to bribe it.

By that I mean he doesn't do things out of the goodness of his heart, more like repaying debts and what he can gain from it.

I'd also recommend Slime Tensei, so far it's jovial fun without an author's self insert sexual fantasies.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

This dude's got his priorities in order, I'm sold.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

This is a lot of fun so far.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Brainamp posted:

Yeah, it looks to be monthly. There's another chapter out on the translator's site right now, and it gives me a lot of optimism for the direction that things are going.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, it looks to be monthly. There's another chapter out on the translator's site right now, and it gives me a lot of optimism for the direction that things are going.

Having read the LN, the story generally stays upbeat and positive, with less of a focus on personal strength and more a focus on building collective strength, which also means that companions and such tend to have more characterization than "The guy almost as good as me with a sword, that other guy almost as good as me at magic, a group of girls who really wants to bone me for *reasons* and maybe some older character(s) and/or family that died so I'd have some motivation".

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I just find the slime to be super cute for some reason. Like a plush toy or such. I also really like the idea of a little slime accidentally becoming a leader and just managing people around.

Somebody told me he turns into a girl later on or something, though? Not sure.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 30, 2015

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
From what I got told he turns into a little slime girls then just kinda goes with it.

It took me too long to realize why all the monster got stronger when he named them.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

From what I got told he turns into a little slime girls then just kinda goes with it.

It took me too long to realize why all the monster got stronger when he named them.

Named monsters are tougher in games?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I just assumed something something mystical contract and that's why his MP was running low.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah I'm digging the slime adventures as well. The naming power ups make sense even if they don't explain it further, though I expect we'll find out more soon. He was helpless at the beginning, the Dragon teaches him some basics and helps him out, and then once he's named he suddenly is devouring dragons and shooting water blasts and such.

I hope that his Dragon pal gets spit out eventually, it'd be a bummer if he's just slowly being eaten. I expected him to be spat out as soon as Slimey got out of the cave.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Thanks for the Slime Tensei tip-off, it's like a good version of Re:Monster, I'm also enjoying it. Dungeon Meshi also scratches a similar itch as the other manga you guys were mentioning, though it doesn't have the Video Game gimmick and there's only one chapter translated. :smith: But it's still a good RPG-style fantasy manga with with a weird gimmick (cooking manga, but about monsters. related note, they go into a several page tangent on the DIY tools the dwarf made in order to properly prepare slimes for consumption, turns out they're actually delicious!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Dungeon Meshi is great, and I want to be able to read more.