Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the chinese chip game in this thread is weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I like Asian girls

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Those are actually Korean!!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Bro Dad posted:

the chinese chip game in this thread is weak

yeah if you're vegetable-flavoured then i can understand why you'd be a lonely god

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006
^^^^
Noo those Korean veggie ones that come with sweet gochujang dip are just amazing.

Man's review of Chinese Lay's: http://www.hobartpulp.com/web_features/a-review-of-the-foreign-flavors-of-lay-rsquo-s-in-china

Some Guy posted:

Spicy Green Peppercorn Fish: The first time I had peppercorns, I cried, not because it was so good, but because it was so spicy. My face turned red, I could barely feel my cheeks, and the tears streamed out. The Lay’s Spicy Green Peppercorn Fish flavor will make you cry, not because it’s so spicy or good, but because the cover has a dead fish on it covered in peppercorns that reminds you of all the dying fish of the world and the promise of environmental disaster in the foreseeable future. I had one chip and was done.

Rolled Cabbage fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 31, 2015

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Rolled Cabbage posted:

^^^^
Noo those Korean veggie ones that come with sweet gochujang dip are just amazing.

Man's review of Chinese Lay's: http://www.hobartpulp.com/web_features/a-review-of-the-foreign-flavors-of-lay-rsquo-s-in-china

cannot respect the food opinion of a dude that thinks peppercorns are borderline unbearably spicy

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Tuxedo Gin posted:

cannot respect the food opinion of a dude that thinks peppercorns are borderline unbearably spicy

eating any of the food in sichuan would kill them

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

LentThem posted:

man you can't just drop off the forums for a month and come back to talk about coke-chicken

come to the T&T thread and give updates on the Shanghai move

I have to write an :effort: post about what happened in Shanghai. Long story short, don't ever think that you really know someone when you've only ever spent a day or two around them at a time, even if it's over a period of 5-6 years. I will write it up but I want some distance so I can properly laugh about the whole thing.

Wife got her green card, we are moving to the US in ~2 weeks. Waiting on daughter's exit papers now, should be here next Friday.

About to buy plane tickets. Which are shockingly expensive right now. On all airlines but Malaysia Air, that is. :smith:

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

WarpedNaba posted:

Now THAT'S a Boxer rebellion I can get behind!

lol

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
if you're a good looking tall white dude all chinese people will innately respect you that's just some :biotruths:

edit: I am swarthy and of average height (175cm)

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Gin posted:

am i wrong? is it totally cool to get all pissed off about interracial dating? should i be getting mad when i see non-whites with white girls?

you aren't wrong

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Tuxedo Gin posted:

am i wrong? is it totally cool to get all pissed off about interracial dating? should i be getting mad when i see non-whites with white girls?

Girls can be attracted to whoever they want but Western media rarely depicts non white men in roles that are attractive to women. Asian men always play the role of the guy who knows kung fu or nerdy comic relief but rarely as a normal dude who gets the girl. Black men experience similar problems. There's a lot of data out there that suggests women of all races in the US overwhelmingly prefer dating white men, that's a personal choice and not something that you can be angry at someone for but the media portrayal of non whites certainly doesn't help the issue.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Haier posted:

I saw this on this girl's WeChat album.

Perfect place to just randomly throw a table and some chairs. I imagine the chairs end up parked next to machines while people chat and use their phones and pretend to exercise.

It's so their girlfriends can watch them work out.

This has happened a few times at my gym*, but the staff make sure the girls pay the entry fee, which they hate, and tell them if they aren't there to work out to move out of the exercise area. Also everyone usually mocks them which is great.

* That is, guys bringing their girlfriends to watch them, not my gym setting up a loving wags table.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 31, 2015

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bamhand posted:

Girls can be attracted to whoever they want but Western media rarely depicts non white men in roles that are attractive to women. Asian men always play the role of the guy who knows kung fu or nerdy comic relief but rarely as a normal dude who gets the girl. Black men experience similar problems. There's a lot of data out there that suggests women of all races in the US overwhelmingly prefer dating white men, that's a personal choice and not something that you can be angry at someone for but the media portrayal of non whites certainly doesn't help the issue.

oh poo poo strap in buckle up here we go :munch:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
GF at gym Q: Do they go there with their boyfriends just to watch them and be attached emotionally and mentally as much as possible, to a mentally damaging degree?

Why do they go just to watch their partner work out

Same thing in Japan

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
My favorite thing at the gym here (in the US) is when Chinese couples come to work out together, and the way they work out reminds me of how they eat McDonald's: getting like seven different things and taking taking tiny little bites of everything. They will go to the bench press, and they will do like 55 pounds twenty times, then move to some other random machine, do it twenty times, then move somewhere else, and so on.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

bamhand posted:

Nice China jpg.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

burritolingus posted:

Nice China jpg.

Thank you.

angel opportunity posted:

My favorite thing at the gym here (in the US) is when Chinese couples come to work out together, and the way they work out reminds me of how they eat McDonald's: getting like seven different things and taking taking tiny little bites of everything. They will go to the bench press, and they will do like 55 pounds twenty times, then move to some other random machine, do it twenty times, then move somewhere else, and so on.

Please post more Frank Yang workout videos.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Ha!

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
i was looking for a video about chinese people eating mcdonalds and found this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzPLqsvXAWo

even more disgusting imho

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Does 'thighs' mean something different in china? Because I see bare thighs.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Angela Christine posted:

Probably talking about "labias".

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

5,000 years of your naked wife and naked daughter holding you up to take a poo poo

(Helping the elderly statue in Guilin, named Fu Lao)

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Angela Christine posted:

The distinction between thigh and butt is nebulous in Korean so it's probably the same in Chinese.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

goldboilermark posted:

oh poo poo strap in buckle up here we go :munch:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Where do I get some imported asians?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Gibberish posted:

GF at gym Q: Do they go there with their boyfriends just to watch them and be attached emotionally and mentally as much as possible, to a mentally damaging degree?

Because the :siren:man:siren: tells her to go and watch him work out.

You can see exactly the same at the beach with surfers. The girlfriend gets to sit on the beach and mind his stuff while he surfs.

She gets to watch just how cool he is. Yeah, some relationships are really loving horrible.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gorilla Salad posted:

Because the :siren:man:siren: tells her to go and watch him work out.

You can see exactly the same at the beach with surfers. The girlfriend gets to sit on the beach and mind his stuff while he surfs.

She gets to watch just how cool he is. Yeah, some relationships are really loving horrible.

I too hate it when I have to go show support to my loved one.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Or when I get to hang somewhere fun while my SO does something fun too.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Gibberish posted:

Same thing in Japan

I need an explanation for this also. I have never seen it happen with non Asian couples and usually she looks bored as poo poo and they don't talk much. what is this? where is the scam?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Magna Kaser posted:

Those are actually Korean!!!

So they're chinese?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

what does this even mean? reply rate to what

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

waitwhatno posted:

I need an explanation for this also. I have never seen it happen with non Asian couples

My wife and I go to the gym together, in one car, all the time. I try to keep my weightlifting to around 45 minutes, but her classes can run well over an hour and a half.

So yeah, I end up sitting there watching her til she's done. Although our gym has cool things like wifi, fruit, and stuff so it's not too bad to sit around.

Now going to the gym to not work out, to just watch someone else? That's kinda clingy weird.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

goldboilermark posted:

i think its responses on some dating site, iirc this chart from a few years ago

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

goldboilermark posted:

it is from okcupid and how often messages on their site were replied to

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Third World Reggin posted:

it is from okcupid and how often messages on their site were replied to

Yeah

basically no men reply when a black woman sends a message, but black women reply to everyone and everyone replies to white men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

• Locked thread