Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't wait until Kit Kat sponsors Part 3 and Jotaro's battle cry is gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimme a break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is this not available in Canada

Amazon won't take my credit card

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

It's gonna bug me forever that I can't figure out who Zeppeli is. His voice is the only one I can't pin to a name. Among other things the "Hey, Baby!" line is kept but localized to "Hey, Bambina!" and Diskin did a pretty good job with "CAESAAAAAAARRRRRRR" There seems to be quite of a but splicing other languages into the dialogue that Polnareff had in the Viz translation, except it's not as frequent and the lines are still really easy phrases.

its steve blum

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're Steve blum

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Everyone is Steve Blum.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
That's not what your mom (Steve Blum) told me last night.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vZiBPeQb_lg

I'm Lisa Lisa in this and Kars is Amazon

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I'm glad that scene seems even weirder in English.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh godddddddd

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This dub is so loving good you guys

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Holy poo poo. :swoon:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

loving incredible

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

YouTube's auto subs on this are pro-click

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Weird that whoever made that video used the old video that's still censored.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think all the dub voices are great, with maybe the exception of Kars and even then all the big Kars lines/scenes are done well.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Did they change "Good-bye JOJO" in the dub? I saw a small video earlier that had it changed, but I'm not sure if it was legit.

VV: :smith:

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 2, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Serperoth posted:

Did they change "Good-bye JOJO" in the dub? I saw a small video earlier that had it changed, but I'm not sure if it was legit.

I haven't seen that episode yet, since I've only been watching BT stuff, but from what I hear, it's now just Dio ranting about how Jonathan's going to die in vain.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So another chapter of part 5 has been uploaded:
http://bato.to/read/_/336220/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo_v52_ch489_by_jojos-colored-adventure/1

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I've always liked how Araki shrouds Prosciutto in shadow to obscure his identity while still allowing him to have scenes "Now" for the reader's benefit.

It's one of those things you could only do in a comic or piece of animation and it works so well.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think I've found the first bit of character voice overlap in the dub: Richard Epcar voices both that random thug harassing Smokey in the restaurant at the start of BT and the older Joseph.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, but those are like incidental characters. If you want a good one then like, Tonpetti and Messina are both voiced by Michael McConnohie and Dire and Wamuu are both voiced by Paul St. Peter. I barely consider any of those characters aside from Wamuu to be anything more than incidental characters too though, so whatevs.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
So once I start doing long-rear end let's read posts of Diamond is Unbreakable, should I stick them here or in a new thread? Ideally we would have a moratorium on part 4 and beyond spoilers outside of tags but I don't know if there's the will to actually attempt to avoid spoilers.

And as for how far I am in part 4, I got to the point where they find out creepy monster dad is just trying to reassemble the family photo, which I'm pretty sure is not very far in at all.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Stick them in the Jojo thread for people who can't read good, which can be found here.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Bad Seafood posted:

Stick them in the Jojo thread for people who can't read good, which can be found here.

OH! MY! GOOOOD! I didn't even realize that thread existed. Well, obsessively working on a video game and checking user control panel only for a month will do that to you. Many thanks.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's hard to tell how many anime-only kiddies are actually getting into reading arc 4 but hopefully some of them will eventually post reactions in that thread

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's hard to tell how many anime-only kiddies are actually getting into reading arc 4 but hopefully some of them will eventually post reactions in that thread

I read it and it was good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Everyday, the first thing I do when I wake up is to try to summon Crazy Diamond and he never appears and that's when I know that the day will be lovely.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Have they redone the dubs for the first three episodes of stardust?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm all the way up to part 7, and part 7 is extremely good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Have they redone the dubs for the first three episodes of stardust?

Not publicly. They only just finished the PB/BT dub so I'm doubtful they're going to give us the SC dub anytime soon. Chances are, they might be waiting to see how well the dub sells before greenlighting SC.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I caught up with Part 8 and I'm sad because Jojolion is super good. Like if it keeps up this level of quality it will probably even edge out Steel Ball Run or DIamond is Unbreakable. It's kind of hilarious how macho Gappy is, given his appearance.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
It doesn't seem that surprising to me, the dude's blood is probably somewhere around 50% testosterone at this point

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ManlyGrunting posted:

I caught up with Part 8 and I'm sad because Jojolion is super good. Like if it keeps up this level of quality it will probably even edge out Steel Ball Run or DIamond is Unbreakable. It's kind of hilarious how macho Gappy is, given his appearance.

A sailor with four nuts is just about the manliest thing I can think of.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

i'm all the way up to part 7, and part 7 is extremely good.

Part 7 should be part of everyone's manga rotation

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Does anyone have any estimates on how far into Part 8 we are right now, percentage wise?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt it's even near the halfway point

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I feel like we're almost at the halfway point, but since the core plot it structured around a mystery rather than any sort of material progress it's hard to tell.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Hey Bad Seafood, I was gonna send you a PM but it looks like you don't have plat. I'd be happy to add you as an author on my Effort Posts blog, and then you can clean up and repost your effort posts there at your leisure. As you can see I don't monetize the thing, so my only motive is really just to aggregate quality effort posts that interest me in one place. If you don't even want to bother with posting to Effort Posts The Blog, I'd at least like to repost your effort posts there with your permission so that at least I would know how to find them all collected in one place. Send me an email if you're interested: manuela.malasanya@gmx.com.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If we're comparing Jojolion with Steel Ball Run, SBR ran for 95 chapters. Jojolion is on chapter 45, which would place it ~ half way through. Though there's no guarantee Jojolion will not go longer nor shorter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

with where things are going right now i wouldn't be surprised if at least a clear main antagonist was revealed in the next few chapters. gappy is learning poo poo about himself and hooking up with people he sorta kinda used to know who will most likely share a similar goal as him, so i'd definitely assume it's nearly at the halfway point if not already there.