Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Aw, the Chiefs cut LaVance Taylor, the guy who got a job by tweeting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Whatever hope the Vikings had of Matt Kalil getting over his YIPS is dying with each day of training camp. Everyone and anyone on the defensive line is throwing him a blanket party like he's loving Pvt. Pyle.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Probably pretty good for passes that bounce off hands or are tipped. Kind of a neat drill to practice quickly tracking a ball.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
:siren: Falcon goons :siren:

NFL Network is doing a falcon-centric training camp show

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

This has been taken down, what was it?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

:siren: Falcon goons :siren:

NFL Network is doing a falcon-centric training camp show

WHY, ANUBIS, WHY????

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

This has been taken down, what was it?

He threw an arc pass like a 45 yards into the training net (~2 feet in diameter?)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

warcrimes posted:

:siren: Bengal goons :siren:

Michael Johnson carted off the field, I have no idea why, so it might not be really serious.

I'm sure he's done for the year and Burfict will get one tackle and be done for the year and Geno will never be his old self again and Dalton will regress even more and our young corners will never step up into above average starters and Jeremy Hill will break the rushing yards record

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Falcons have been so bad for so long at pass rushing, that this Vic Beasly video is getting hyped.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/627863904790663168

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
So other than Kalil, the Vikings training camp is hype.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

warcrimes posted:

:siren: Bengal goons :siren:

Michael Johnson carted off the field, I have no idea why, so it might not be really serious.

Right knee injury, NOT serious

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

WHOOPS posted:

Whatever hope the Vikings had of Matt Kalil getting over his YIPS is dying with each day of training camp. Everyone and anyone on the defensive line is throwing him a blanket party like he's loving Pvt. Pyle.

The hell happened to him, anyway? I remember he had a pretty good rookie year and it just went straight to poo poo after that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Benne posted:

The hell happened to him, anyway? I remember he had a pretty good rookie year and it just went straight to poo poo after that.

According to his brother it's totally mental.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

What a dick.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Benne posted:

People have tried really hard to analyze it, i.e. could it be injuries, quality of opponents or whatnot, but the prevailing theory is that he simply doesn't have the proper body type for, and doesn't even really want to play tackle. He was a tight end earlier in his playing career.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Grittybeard posted:

Aw, the Chiefs cut LaVance Taylor, the guy who got a job by tweeting them.

That's lame. We don't have a practice squad spot for him?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Parmesan Basil posted:

That's lame. We don't have a practice squad spot for him?

Apparently the Chiefs use SPARQ scores for their bottom of the roster guys, and the RB they picked up instead of him looks better there. I guess it was worth signing him for a couple of days just to have an actual running back to line up at running back in practice.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I guess you could say it's mental in that Kalil's technique is just completely hosed. His punch has basically disappeared, he can't keep good balance on speed rushes eat him up and he drew a lot of holds. Zimmer is fiercely defensive about him, though, so he's definitely getting the opportunity to work it out. I doubt he'll ever get back to his rookie form (which is like, the saddest statement ever) but even if he was just average it would make a huge difference for the team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots cut some scrubs and signed a fantastic name: G Harland Gunn

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Three days in and Mariota still hasn't thrown a pick :)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Patriots cut some scrubs and signed a fantastic name: G Harland Gunn

He's been a practice squad/depth guy in Atlanta for 2-3 years. I wish him the best.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WHOOPS posted:

I guess you could say it's mental in that Kalil's technique is just completely hosed. His punch has basically disappeared, he can't keep good balance on speed rushes eat him up and he drew a lot of holds. Zimmer is fiercely defensive about him, though, so he's definitely getting the opportunity to work it out. I doubt he'll ever get back to his rookie form (which is like, the saddest statement ever) but even if he was just average it would make a huge difference for the team.

Like there was a game where he just got completely manhandled and he just never recovered. ryan has actively lobbied for the Panthers to trade for him but the Vikings refuse to sell low on him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

Three days in and Mariota still hasn't thrown a pick :)

Sounds like your secondary blows

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Nope mariota is pretty much Alex Smith

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Metapod posted:

Nope mariota is pretty much Alex Smith

You don't mean this surely

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

I know you hate alex smith but it is actually not a bad thing to be like him

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

huh

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Parmesan Basil posted:

I sincerely hope Alex Smith saves your life one day, like in a car crash or something. Then the last thing you utter to him as the paramedics are whisking you away is ".....mediocre......"

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chromatic posted:

I sincerely hope Alex Smith saves your life one day, like in a car crash or something. Then the last thing you utter to him as the paramedics are whisking you away is ".....mediocre......"

mediocre would be a compliment to him

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Steelers cut former Fins 3rd rounder Michael Egnew. He spent most of last season out of football. Have to think that's a career.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Parmesan Basil posted:

mediocre would be a compliment to him

Well he didn't say you'd be ungrateful to the man in the moment.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chromatic posted:

:pray:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Please don't hope for Parm to be in a car crash

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Ross Angeles posted:

Nah we have a good corner I think

PS why did we trade away the atv?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Ross Angeles posted:

Please don't hope for Parm to be in a car crash

finefinefine.

At the very least, Parm should be glad that this is probably going to be Alex Smith's last year of goodwill with the media and the fans. A lot of casual, happy-go-lucky fans I know started to get a whiff of doubt last year especially after that pathetic 2 minute drill against Arizona where he threw nothing but 3 yard dump offs that were smothered.

He's got an upgraded o-line, probably the best receiving group he's ever had and the best ground game he's ever had. Seriously. Charles, Maclin, and Kelce are better than Gore, Davis, and Crabtree. So if he continues to put up safe Alex Smith numbers, I can see a huge part of the fanbase and media getting antsy and starting to turn on him.

He's out of excuses.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Big Jesus posted:

Nah we have a good corner I think

PS why did we trade away the atv?

Verner? We didn't they just didn't resign him. Still mad about that

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

Verner? We didn't they just didn't resign him. Still mad about that

He schooled a hobbled Julio Jones in a preseason game once and asked for all the money.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

He schooled a hobbled Julio Jones in a preseason game once and asked for all the money.

He was my favorite player :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

He was my favorite player :smith:

I like him a lot too. Is he still with the buccs?

• Locked thread