Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NickRoweFillea posted:

rewatching honma/kojima and a small child chants for honma. i want him to win but i want it to be against someone important for something important

So it's agreed, Honma will win the Never Title at Wrestlekingdom next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
from ishii, no less

don't want that hot turn makabe anywhere near a good honma victory, it has to be someone more meaningful

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Next show:]

Wednesday August 5th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST from Iwate Industrial and Cultural Centre

Kojima, Nagata, TMIV(injury permitting), and Komatsu vs. Goto, Elgin, Dorada, and Finlay
Tomoaki Honma and Jay White vs. Bullet Club (Karl Anderson and Cody Hall)
CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura and Tomohiro Ishii) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Tama Tonga)
KUSHIDA, Captain New Japan, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, and Gedo)
G1 Climax Block A Match:Hiroyoshi Tenzan[2] vs. Bad Luck Fale[6]
G1 Climax Block A Match:Katsuyori Shibata[8] vs. Toru Yano[2]
G1 Climax Block A Match:Hiroshi Tanahashi[6] vs. Doc Gallows[2]
G1 Climax Block A Match:Togi Makabe[6] vs. AJ Styles[6]

Show's on!

I'm not waking up at around 5:30 without even setting my alarm, which is both good and bad.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Man this crowd is hot. Makes the tag matches tolerable.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why are there only 4 block matches listed?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Because I must've missed the main (Ibushi vs. Naito) when I copied and pasted from an earlier post

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

YTR vs Shibata starting now!

This is gonna own

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Naito trying to kill himself with a reverse rana. Off the top, I might add.

https://twitter.com/notluqman/status/628903581928701952/photo/1

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 5, 2015

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

ChikoDemono posted:

Naito trying to kill himself with a reverse rana. Off the top, I might add.

https://twitter.com/notluqman/status/628903581928701952/photo/1

That and the reverse package pile driver thing ibushi hit were scary as gently caress

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 5, 2015

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Face Naito winning the G1 was a flop.

Heel Naito winning the G1 will be glorious.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
I missed the show, how was Styles/Makabe and Naito/Ibushi?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Biosys posted:

I missed the show, how was Styles/Makabe and Naito/Ibushi?

First was ok, the latter pretty drat fun, and you should watch Shibata/YTR

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Next show's Friday and will be the last single cam show of the G1. I thought today's was one of the better filmed ones of that type and it really didn't bother me much.

Day 12 (Block B) - Friday August 7th at 5:30 EDT / 10:30 BST from Act City Hattmatsu

Yohei Komatsu vs Jay White
Tetsuya Naito and David Finlay vs. CHAOS (YTR and YOSHI-HASHI)
Ibushi, Makabe, Tenzan, and Captain vs. Bullet Club (Styles, Fale, Gallows, and Tama)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, and Mascara Dorada vs. Katsuyori Shibata, and Tiger Mask (????)
G1 Climax Block B Match:Michael Elgin [6] vs. Yuji Nagata [2]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Tomoaki Honma [0] vs. Karl Anderson [6]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Hirooki Goto [6] vs. Satoshi Kojima [4]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Shinsuke Nakamura [6] vs. Yujiro Takahashi [4]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Kazuchika Okada [8] vs. Tomohiro Ishii [8]

Okada vs. Ishii should not only be an excellent match but the two are currently tied for the Block B lead.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

This thing

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CLpQU4QUkAE7W0q.mp4

Got an audible "OH gently caress" out of me

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

ch3cooh posted:

This thing

dammit ibushi what part of tranquillo do you not understand?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ch3cooh posted:

This thing

Okay, so at some point during the rest of the G1 Ibushi is gonna bust out the 23-sai, isn't he?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

This thing

Seriouspost: bump-wise, what's the difference between taking it that way and the behind the back Jig-N-Tonic/whatever else it's named way?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ibushi and Naito were so determined to kill each other but the match didn't click much for me beyond shock that they survived.

Shibata/YTR was the first time in a long time that I've gotten posses at a finish in a non-smark way. I just want Shibata to win so badly. The finish was interesting though. Between that and the finish to Nakamura/Goto, NJPW has been upping their arm around game.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I thought Ibushi/Naito was a really fun match that suffered a bit from being like 5 minutes too long. I could do without moves that look like total death being kicked out of too. Easily the best Naito has looked in this new gimmick I think.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
how did yano roll up a guy by his busted arm

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

how did yano roll up a guy by his busted arm

By using proper arm at defense and stacking his weight on Shibata.

Yano is the true shoot fighter

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

For all my fellow Honma fans out there, something to cheer you up

http://gfycat.com/AcrobaticUnselfishBrahmancow

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Charles Gnarwin posted:

By using proper arm at defense and stacking his weight on Shibata.

Yano is the true shoot fighter

It's funny cuz Yano actually has a shoot wrestling background. I'm amazed they've never really referenced it to how he can roll guys up so effectively, or how he has so many weird pin variations.

Plus a fat dude on top of you is naturally hard to shift.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I would watch a finals that was any combo of Shibata and Styles vs Okada and Ishii and I'm so glad that seems to be the direction they're going

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's probably gonna be Nakamura vs Tanahashi, not that that's a bad thing really. You may see Nakamura vs Naito if they decide to put someone new in the Finals (I'm counting Naito since his gimmick is definitely very different than two years ago)

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
I don't think you can draw any conclusions from the point totals/results right now that we didn't already know going in, other than that Naito is getting a big push.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thauros posted:

It's probably gonna be Nakamura vs Tanahashi, not that that's a bad thing really. You may see Nakamura vs Naito if they decide to put someone new in the Finals (I'm counting Naito since his gimmick is definitely very different than two years ago)

I dared to dream :(

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Actually if you look at who Naito has left vs. who Tanahashi has left it seems very likely that Naito is going to the finals.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spermgod posted:

Actually if you look at who Naito has left vs. who Tanahashi has left it seems very likely that Naito is going to the finals.

Things just get worse and worse.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Although that said it's not out of the question for Tanahashi to win all his remaining matches and Naito to lose to Yano. I think it's pretty safe to say it will be one of Naito, Tanahashi and AJ with the AJ/Tanahashi match deciding it somehow - either a pure 'whoever wins advances' or with one guy in the spoiler role allowing Naito to advance if they win due to a three way draw at the top. Naito having wins over both guys in the probable main event of the last A block day is key.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 6, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I Before E posted:

Things just get worse and worse.

ĦTranquilo, Americano, Tranquilo!

Doing AJ vs Nakamura on an already sold out Finals show would be dumb, save that for when one of them has the belt. Part of me actually thinks Tana should win it since Okada needs to beat that guy at the Dome and cement himself as the new ace, but as a fan I'd rather see Nakamura for a fresher matchup.

Nakamura vs heel Naito would be fun and new, and I think they'd mesh well since they both have such unique body language.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Why does Gedo get my hopes up for a Shibata vs anyone finals.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

RaceyBucket posted:

Why does Gedo get my hopes up for a Shibata vs anyone finals.

I am hoping for Shibata too. I went back and watched a few of his matches and I love his rear end kicking style

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Because he's a great booker. He gets my hopes up for a Honma win and I fall for it everytime.

I want to see a Naito - Nakamura finals. I hate his ringwork now (to be fair I didn't particularly like his ringwork before), but I love his gimmick. Then after losing, he'll bring in Los Ingobernables and target CHAOS.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the Naito/Yano match will be a MOTYC

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

ĦTranquilo, Americano, Tranquilo!

Doing AJ vs Nakamura on an already sold out Finals show would be dumb, save that for when one of them has the belt. Part of me actually thinks Tana should win it since Okada needs to beat that guy at the Dome and cement himself as the new ace, but as a fan I'd rather see Nakamura for a fresher matchup.

Nakamura vs heel Naito would be fun and new, and I think they'd mesh well since they both have such unique body language.

i think putting any stock into them saving a match for a show that isn't sold out already is silly because this was probably booked before the finals sold out

go naito, btw

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

i think putting any stock into them saving a match for a show that isn't sold out already is silly because this was probably booked before the finals sold out

go naito, btw

They know that they'll have no trouble selling out Sumo Hall for the Final tho. This isn't like last year when they were running a huge venue that justified the gamble of throwing together a gigantic match with very little buildup.

I'm not saying throw a lovely match out there because it's a sold out house, but a marquee but not exactly fresh matchup like Tanahashi vs Nakamura would suffice.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

For all my fellow Honma fans out there, something to cheer you up

http://gfycat.com/AcrobaticUnselfishBrahmancow

Knowing Honma's luck I'm amazed the bungee didn't break.

Knowing Honma's past I'm amazed he used a bungee at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

Knowing Honma's luck I'm amazed the bungee didn't break.

Knowing Honma's past I'm amazed he used a bungee at all.

He still missed

• Locked thread