Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jibo posted:

The audio levels on the official uploads are pretty terrible compared to the ones that third party dudes were ripping from the stream live. How do they keep loving up audio like this?

It's only in the early recordings, it gets better from day 3 onward I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Catching up on things and the TRAG run the poor bastard did at like 3AM is pretty good, this guy is least informative and shilling for the marathon.

Sound is low as hell though, had to download and put into MPC so I could boost it.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

Catching up on things and the TRAG run the poor bastard did at like 3AM is pretty good, this guy is least informative and shilling for the marathon.

Sound is low as hell though, had to download and put into MPC so I could boost it.

The audio gets worse, there are some later runs where they forgot to turn down the ambient music, so you've got two pieces of music playing simultaneously. It's maddening.

I'm hoping they still have the raw recordings somewhere so they'll be able to upload a repaired version?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Has anyone compiled statistics like from AGDQ w/ # of followers from a run, money donated, etc?

CKyle
Jan 15, 2008

flyboi posted:

Has anyone compiled statistics like from AGDQ w/ # of followers from a run, money donated, etc?

Here's a graph showing donations and viewer count over time. You can replace sgdq15 in the url to see other GDQ events. I don't know about # of followers, though.

http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/sgdq15/

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Aw, they closed down the Damageboost channel which was pretty good and consistent during the event. Have they uploaded all the runs to the official channel now? Earlier there were some missing. Plus the aforementioned audio problems.

e: Ugh, the new Youtube interface is so bad. It's much harder to jump in the timeline in the theater mode now.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 3, 2015

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
Where can I watch the Resident Evil 4 run? The VOD is muted and the official youtube channel doesn't have it.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

SavageMessiah posted:

Where can I watch the Resident Evil 4 run? The VOD is muted and the official youtube channel doesn't have it.

The VOD works for me. http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/v/8647104?t=9h05m34s

Did you try clicking the twitch volume button to unmute?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

qntm posted:

The audio gets worse, there are some later runs where they forgot to turn down the ambient music, so you've got two pieces of music playing simultaneously. It's maddening.

I'm hoping they still have the raw recordings somewhere so they'll be able to upload a repaired version?

If it's like previous years, UA has all the raw video/audio and will master it all to be uploaded later as he has time. The stuff on youtube now is just the pulls from twitch, or whatever.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Boogalo posted:

The VOD works for me. http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/v/8647104?t=9h05m34s

Did you try clicking the twitch volume button to unmute?

Huh. Well I'll be.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Sir Tonk posted:

If it's like previous years, UA has all the raw video/audio and will master it all to be uploaded later as he has time. The stuff on youtube now is just the pulls from twitch, or whatever.

It's actually not. All the Twitch rips were by other uploaders and have been taken down. Compare the Shenmue 2 run on Twitch to the same run on YouTube. The YouTube one has super quiet game audio compared to the runner but not on Twitch. Also the YouTube ones are quiet as hell in general.

E: Actually I flipped that, the game audio blares out over the runner. Either way, the audio levels have somehow been changed for the worst from the Twitch stream.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 4, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Prowler posted:

POC is a politically correct term in the US, and is used it to describe anyone who isn't white. I agree it isn't the best term, but it beats the alternative of trying to specify someone's ethnicity and being completely wrong, while still trying to reference the fact that they're a minority.

Seriously better than "non-white."

I think it's a lovely term because it's otherizing even if the right people use it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Speaking as a POC please lock this loving thread

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

flyboi posted:

dunno if anyone's mined the follower data but if there is a runner you're interested in seeing you can use http://socialblade.com/twitch/

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think it's a lovely term because it's otherizing even if the right people use it.

Well it's not like we can get rid of the concept of race. Centuries of history have made such a concept nigh-impossible. Even if at the end of the day it means "not white", it's meant in more of way of uniting people, not separating them.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Groovelord Neato posted:

Are you just making up that term?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Ugh. This channel had pretty great versions of the runs up as of last night, but they've since removed all of them. And I'm not finding anything other than the version you get using the vods link in the reddit vods thread.

Seriously GDQ guys, could you at least wait until you have your versions up before you make everyone take theirs down?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

RickVoid posted:

Ugh. This channel had pretty great versions of the runs up as of last night, but they've since removed all of them. And I'm not finding anything other than the version you get using the vods link in the reddit vods thread.

Seriously GDQ guys, could you at least wait until you have your versions up before you make everyone take theirs down?
Just use the VODs goodness

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

RickVoid posted:

They did? https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesdonequick/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
They already said if the YT uploads are messed up they'll fix them and re-up but my god you sperglords just use the VODs.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

They already said if the YT uploads are messed up they'll fix them and re-up but my god you sperglords just use the VODs.

Yeah but Twitch sucks balls compared to YouTube. I mean yeah, I'm doing it but it's still dumb to make everyone take their's down so you have to either watch the hosed up audio ones or watch them through Twitch.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
I like the SGDQ videos with chat, please don't take them dow-

aw gently caress you guys

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

MVP posted:

I like the SGDQ videos with chat, please don't take them dow-

aw gently caress you guys

There's a browser plug-in called rechat that plays a log of the chat live next to a twitch vod. They don't last forever though so watch soon if you want to.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

If you wanted to download the chats for some ungodly reason, you can do so over here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/3fjbdo/now_that_sgdq_2015_is_over_here_is_its_twitch/

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kappa //

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Someone complained on the main forum about the YouTube stuff and the response was:

"First uploads are raw, processed by a script. Higher quality uploads with timestamps and proper editing are available ~1 month after the event."

So I guess just put up with Twitch or wait a month to catch the runs you missed.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
edit: gently caress, wrong thread

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Why on earth does anyone want to read 100k+ teenages spamming memes? The hell is wrong with you?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

LethalGeek posted:

Why on earth does anyone want to read 100k+ teenages spamming memes? The hell is wrong with you?

Well, if you're a meme-spamming teenager, there's some obvious appeal there, I guess.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I had to download a chatlog to see if team crunchy or team puffs won my poll

it was puffs :(

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm watching the Halo 3 speedrun on Legendary and this guy is amazing, except for his stupid handle.
Part 1 Part 2

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Yeah the Halo 3 run is pretty great, hammer jumps are cool

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SeXReX posted:

What the hell is wrong with people

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SeXReX posted:

good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crotch Bat posted:

calling people sperglords in a thread dedicated to watching people spend countless hours playing small parts of a single game in a games subforum in a "comedy" forum on the internet is good and owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys its okay that they didn't provide a good alternative and are already taking down the other videos just watch them on the really lovely twitch platform

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i feel really strongly about this and will make posts calling people sperglords and being weirdly defensive about this

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Personally, I don't care if the initial uploads aren't perfect. Just having something available ASAP is great for people like me that have to occasionally go to work and sleep and miss runs.

I rarely watch these things with my full attention, too. It's usually on in the background when I'm working from home or playing games or something.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

mods?

• Locked thread