Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I've arrived at the conclusion that the falcons are worthless as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If only we could all move past the love for our poo poo hometown teams, right pal?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

The only acceptable football meme

That owns

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chilichimp posted:

If only we could all move past the love for our poo poo hometown teams, right pal?

yeah that'd be loving great

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chilichimp posted:

Saints camp press release:

liek dis if you cray evrytime.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mariota has extended the streak to 10 :getin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Melvin Gordon stared down Bill Goldberg who was at Chargers practice because reasons

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Melvin Gordon stared down Bill Goldberg who was at Chargers practice because reasons

He's next :ohdear:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Was his mom on the sidelines wearing a Goldberg shirt?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

yeah that'd be loving great

When you do this there is zero passion for whatever dumbshit team you try to replace your original team with. I once tried to abandon the Royals and root for the Dodgers and I wanted to hang myself after two ballpark experiences.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
gently caress goldberg. he superkicked bret hart so hard he gave him a stroke and ended his career, which sounds cool but really wasn't. also he was a bad, much like the chargers and my posting

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Notable Dom X posted:

gently caress goldberg. he superkicked bret hart so hard he gave him a stroke and ended his career, which sounds cool but really wasn't.

Sorry, but this sounds really cool... And is.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Notable Dom X posted:

gently caress goldberg. he superkicked bret hart so hard he gave him a stroke and ended his career, which sounds cool but really wasn't. also he was a bad, much like the chargers and my posting
Goldberg was a better wrestler than most gave him credit for. William Regal, incredible wrestler, once tried to shoot on Goldberg and it did not end well because Goldberg could actually wrestle.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

Atticus Finch posted:

Goldberg was a better wrestler than most gave him credit for. William Regal, incredible wrestler, once tried to shoot on Goldberg and it did not end well because Goldberg could actually wrestle.

i seem to recall regal stiffing the gently caress out of him that match and making him look like a bitch. i honestly could be wrong but that's how i rememeber it. i'm pretty sure wcw fired regal after it too.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

kiimo posted:

When you do this there is zero passion for whatever dumbshit team you try to replace your original team with. I once tried to abandon the Royals and root for the Dodgers and I wanted to hang myself after two ballpark experiences.

I just wish the KC Metro area had a sliver of a redeeming quality to it. Missouri suburbs suck, Kansas suburbs suck, the city itself had to shutter half the schools...

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

I just wish the KC Metro area had a sliver of a redeeming quality to it. Missouri suburbs suck, Kansas suburbs suck, the city itself had to shutter half the schools...

Um...

I want to argue with you, but uh. I think the Missouri burbs are alright.

Downtown KC sucks. Power and Light sucks because I'm not a bro.

I have to pay KC an additional 1% of my income for the privilege of working in the city proper.

Royals bandwagon fans are awful as poo poo.

But I still like it here way better than Wisconsin.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Personally I'd pull my helmet out of the bag before putting it on for practice.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Man there's so many new lifelong royals fans down here too. They're almost as pathetic as the lifelong warriors fans, who definitely exist. Yes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Anaranjado posted:

Man there's so many new lifelong royals fans down here too. They're almost as pathetic as the lifelong warriors fans, who definitely exist. Yes

But the Warriors just won a championship... you're giving people false hope, bruh!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Parmesan Basil posted:

You got BBQ, right?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DOOP posted:

You got BBQ, right?

you learn to make your own. He must have left the area before it osmosised it's way into his brain.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I might be losing my mind, but is PFF already setting up the debate over whether or not Bud Dupree is a bust based on the HoF game?

quote:

Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF

Pittsburgh will need more from Bud Dupree, who to registered 0 total pressures on 17 pass rushing snaps on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/631171276812517376?s=04

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Chilichimp posted:

I might be losing my mind, but is PFF already setting up the debate over whether or not Bud Dupree is a bust based on the HoF game?

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/631171276812517376?s=04

Preseason is the worst.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Keep it up Bud!!!!

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

And of course he still caught the football because Witten owns

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kalli posted:

What is this meant to accomplish?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
August is "Dolphin Awareness Month" in the NFL and the nets are to represent dolphins being caught in Tuna nets. Good on the NFL for showing sympathy to our marine brethren

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Brannock posted:

I believe it's to help keeping your head up during a toss instead of looking at the ball the whole time but I could be way wrong

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Blitz7x posted:

August is "Dolphin Awareness Month" in the NFL and the nets are to represent dolphins being caught in Tuna nets. Good on the NFL for showing sympathy to our marine brethren

In solidarity, the pink gloves and such from breast cancer awareness month will be replaced with gear displaying the symbols "8-8"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Re: Goldberg

I guess he lives in San Diego and owns a couple of gyms out here. He was also really close to Junior Seau and cried in an interview yesterday when they brought it up

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Um...

I want to argue with you, but uh. I think the Missouri burbs are alright.

Downtown KC sucks. Power and Light sucks because I'm not a bro.

I have to pay KC an additional 1% of my income for the privilege of working in the city proper.

Royals bandwagon fans are awful as poo poo.

But I still like it here way better than Wisconsin.

I have to say I haven't been to Liberty or Independence in about six or seven years so if it's changed I missed it. But yeah I totally fled the state because KC is p. bad.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the Dolphins team were also caught in their own Big Tuna net once....really makes you think

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Sean Weatherspoon is injured? Whaaaaaaaaaaaa?

quote:

Josh Weinfuss ‏@joshweinfuss 3m3 minutes ago

Arians said ILB Sean Weatherspoon had a setback with his hamstring Tuesday.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Brannock posted:

Probably helps to simulate having blurred vision from light/reflections in your eyes. Cowboys stadium has the fantastic design of having a giant, open window on one of the sides right behind the endzone. This window also faces west, so on the right afternoon, it can be extremely distracting for whatever team is driving towards the west end zone. I have heard they have a giant curtain they can cover it with, but I have never heard of it used and haven't been to the stadium in person.

In other Dallas training camp news, the top three runningbacks are all out right now with various injuries. Joseph Randle has a strained muscle on his stomach, Lance Dunbar is having ankle issues and Darren McFadden is having Darren McFadden issues. This meant that fullback Tyler Clutts is getting reps at RB, even causing Rod Marinelli to go off on the defense when they allowed a 12 yard run from Clutts to the endzone against the first team defense.

If you like fullbacks getting carries, then watch the Chargers/Cowboys tomorrow night. Clutts will be rotating out with bottom roster players Gus Johnson (who might actually end up with a 53 man roster spot with decent play and the injuries) and something called a Lache Seastrunk in tomorrow's game.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Come on, let's get that Hilton extension done.

Drew Rosenhaus @RosenhausSports · 3h3 hours ago
I've been to Indianapolis so many times in the past month I'm thinking about getting an apartment there - lol

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
A few vines and stuff showing Cooper at practice. Seen the first one a couple of times but the others I missed.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/08/see_amari_cooper_at_work_as_he.html

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amari Cooper is going to be really good and like Tim Brown before him it's going to kill me liking a Raider.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If the NFL ever does a "protect the Dolphins" campaign they should just fire the Houston Texans franchise into the sun and be done with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz7x posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjHHlvQn2U

Save the Dolphins?

Listen, there's nothing wrong with the Dolphins!

(this is my favorite commercial ever)

• Locked thread