Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Zzulu posted:

Hulk rapemurders pepper potts and they shoot him into space, then we spend the following 80 minutes rooting for iron man to find and kill the hulk as he returns to earth

???

Set that movie in Colorado in the 19th century and I'd watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
why don't they change the story? Banner decides he's too dangerous and sends himself out in to space. Then he lands on the evil planet, hulks out, and since there's nothing to calm him down, and poo poo keeps making him angry, he stays hulked out. Over the course of the movie you see the development of the separate Hulk personality. You understand both Banner's motivations, and Hulk's anger at what he did

That way, none of the superheores have to be the bad guy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
who gives a poo poo, this is like arguing over professional wrestling storylines. it's all made up by jerks for jerks

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I would pay to watch a Hulk Hogan vs Hulk movie.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Grendels Dad posted:

Banner and Hulk haven't been established as separate entities nearly enough for this to work, but I will admit that that it's an elegant way around that particular plot hole.

That can be established through the movie, Even start it with Banner waking up from a nightmare where he can't un-Hulk. Or, even better, have the message from Fury and Stark play like it did in the comic, but at the end, have it pull to the side and have Banner at the recording session thanking them for helping and saying "Here's to hoping we don't have to use it"

Then you can do a World War Hulk Avengers flick where he rampages where Black Widow and Thor refuse to get involved because the way they see it, the Avengers did it to them selves, but have it end when Hulk loses control and starts to destroy NY/LA/SF/Wherever and Thor fights with him until Widow and Scarlet Witch can use the lullaby to kick him back to Bruce

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

That can be established through the movie, Even start it with Banner waking up from a nightmare where he can't un-Hulk. Or, even better, have the message from Fury and Stark play like it did in the comic, but at the end, have it pull to the side and have Banner at the recording session thanking them for helping and saying "Here's to hoping we don't have to use it"

A movie that wants to be Space Gladiator doesn't have the time to establish something like that. They would have to devote at least half a movie only to establish that Hulk is dangerous enough to be shot into space, and that Tony Stark would care enough to do it to his science bro.

And about World War Hulk, who would be there to oppose Hulk? I thought the fun about WWH was to see Hulk fight and subsequently own everyone in the Marvel Universe, if you'd translate that to the MCU it would be an awfully short movie.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Grendels Dad posted:

And about World War Hulk, who would be there to oppose Hulk? I thought the fun about WWH was to see Hulk fight and subsequently own everyone in the Marvel Universe, if you'd translate that to the MCU it would be an awfully short movie.

Nah, waste 30 minutes with people getting ready for Hulk, discussions where you see where different people stand on it, like have Vision and Cap side with Tony, not because they agree but because it's a real threat, Thor is pissed at them for going all Loki on him while Widow misses her friend and Hawkeye just doesn;t see the point in a guy with a bow and arrow fighting Hulk. then have a 30 minute action sequence where he tears up SHIELD HQ, busts up a few Hulk buster armors, have Ant-Man and Wasp get knocked out, Vision get thrashed, etc. Then have him use the rubble and his alien buddies to build a stadium for the gladiatorial combat between heroes. Have Captain America even hold his ground for a minute before getting dropped, the whole time you have Widow and Thor just watching it going "gently caress those guys they made their bed on this one", but the whole time have Hulk get more and more unhinged until he starts destroying the rest of the city and it's stranded populace after 2 captured heroes refuse to finish each other in his stadium. So they finally have to step in, then you get a pretty bitchin DBZ-esque brawl for a long chunk, go full on Michael Bay meets Chow Yun Fat with it, then when Thor is exhausted and can't stand, have Scarlet Witch and Widow come up, pull a fast one and manage to un-Hulk him.

Its an easy formula, lots of action beats, pretty standard to the summer action epic genre

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

6 people fighting Hulk hardly constitutes a World War, especially when three of them have fought Hulk before.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Wait is Hulk in Suicide Squad?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Grendels Dad posted:

6 people fighting Hulk hardly constitutes a World War, especially when three of them have fought Hulk before.

True, but it's not hard to throw a bunch of SHIELD poo poo at him, like fighter jets, special armors, robots/etc that could easily be made in to toys for the marketing guys to push.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Grendels Dad posted:

A movie that wants to be Space Gladiator doesn't have the time to establish something like that. They would have to devote at least half a movie only to establish that Hulk is dangerous enough to be shot into space, and that Tony Stark would care enough to do it to his science bro.

This is hy Banner deciding to do it himself makes way more sense, IMO.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

True, but it's not hard to throw a bunch of SHIELD poo poo at him, like fighter jets, special armors, robots/etc that could easily be made in to toys for the marketing guys to push.

That just sounds like your regular old Hulk movie. I think they need to make one of those before they add a plotline about how this time he is on a rampage because they shot him into space and then after he found peace on an alien planet by killing the local dictator and marrying a princes or whatever and the spaceship he landed in exploded and destroyed his happy place because the people who shot him into space are morons and this time it's personal.

There is just nothing in the current MCU that justifies either Planet Hulk or World War Hulk. Maybe in Phase 7.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Grendels Dad posted:

That just sounds like your regular old Hulk movie. I think they need to make one of those before they add a plotline about how this time he is on a rampage because they shot him into space and then after he found peace on an alien planet by killing the local dictator and marrying a princes or whatever and the spaceship he landed in exploded and destroyed his happy place because the people who shot him into space are morons and this time it's personal.

There is just nothing in the current MCU that justifies either Planet Hulk or World War Hulk. Maybe in Phase 7.

Oh, I see where you're coming from. Yeah, I agree that there's nothing going on pre-Infinity War to have Hulk even have his own movie. But Maybe they end Infinity War with leaving Hulk behind or he gets blown out of the spaceship on the way back to Earth after fighting Thanos and *bam* it all starts to fit

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

Oh, I see where you're coming from. Yeah, I agree that there's nothing going on pre-Infinity War to have Hulk even have his own movie. But Maybe they end Infinity War with leaving Hulk behind or he gets blown out of the spaceship on the way back to Earth after fighting Thanos and *bam* it all starts to fit

That would be great. I do want to see a Planet Hulk and WWH movie somewhere down the road.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Is academic-terrorist one of the suicide squad members?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
lol if you think Hulk should ever get a solo movie again. What a loving poo poo character

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Why are people unhappy with that new Supergirl series? It doesn't look any more stupid than actual Superman does

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ElGroucho posted:

Why are people unhappy with that new Supergirl series? It doesn't look any more stupid than actual Superman does

Probably because they're fags who just want to poo poo on everything that isn't aimed specifically at them

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It looks like Spiderman but with a g-g-girl

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

You're good people. But ideas like this:

"I just hate his annoying gimmick of going into threads about good movies and hijacking them with college-level theses about why the movie was actually bad, or going into threads about lovely movies and analyzing them like they're High Art and then about two-dozen sycophants eat his poo poo up and start praising some garbage-level direct-to-video action movie or whatever."

...are the reason why this forum has a variety of hugbox threads for, like the latest videogame console of whatever. I am perceived as a kind of terrorist-academic who 'hijacks' threads with 'college elitism'. This is exactly what I was saying about how certain products are perceived as 'pure' - and under threat by various enemies. (Note the repeated emphasis on how 'good movies' are clean, legitimate, populist, High Art, etc.)

The X-Box has an incredible psychological power over people, and that's tied up in the various console 'news sites' (read: viral advertisements) that capitalize on the X-Box while promoting it. Superhero films are not dissimilar. Disney has simply done the best job of directly monetizing superhero hype, as each movie exists to hype the next movie, with the promise that it will eventually lead to a nebulous 'something'.

What's lost in all this are the movies themselves.

nobody thinks youre an academic you weirdo

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh, is supergirl out already?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Uncle Wemus posted:

It looks like Spiderman but with a g-g-girl

Zoinks Scoobs it's a g-g-g-girl!!!!!

*drops printer in haste to comically run away*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ElGroucho posted:

yeah but superman is still pretty stupid

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Chairman Wao posted:

Zoinks Scoobs it's a g-g-g-girl!!!!!

*drops printer in haste to comically run away*

*bongo sounds*

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Bonzo posted:

I would pay to watch a Hulk Hogan vs Hulk movie.

that's my secret, BROTHER... i'm always racist

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

shiksa posted:

that's my secret, BROTHER... i'm always racist

Okay then what would he punch in the face as the strains of "I Am A Real American" swell dramatically?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Just want to remind people that the Crank movies own.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Just want to remind people that the Crank movies own.

I saw Crank 2. I had never seen the first.

I agree.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also I watched Super based off of recommendations via this thread.

It's good, and I like the whole God angle, but I thought Kick-rear end did the same thing just better.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
please dont respond to SMG

he is a garbage tier troll

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Network Pesci posted:

Okay then what would he punch in the face as the strains of "I Am A Real American" swell dramatically?

like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFxLLsqV6k

Or would they follow the trend is trailer where a small child would slowly sing "I am .....a real......American......"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Germstore posted:

gamer was good stupid fun in my opinion

Gamer should've been an hour-and-a-half one man show with Michael C. Hall playing multiple parts and every scene is its own song and dance number.

But it was not, therefore it sucked.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This is exactly how Dr. Doom should be portrayed in a movie...

...right down to the verbose vocabulary and outright pettiness.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Young Freud posted:

This is exactly how Dr. Doom should be portrayed in a movie...

...right down to the verbose vocabulary and outright pettiness.

Time for Tim Buckley to get a movie writing credit.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Madcosby posted:

I saw Crank 2. I had never seen the first.

I agree.

Is crank 2 the one where Chev has to have sex in public with Amy Smart?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

vyst posted:

Is crank 2 the one where Chev has to have sex in public with Amy Smart?

that's both of them

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
gently caress YOU CHELIOS

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

ZombieParts posted:

gently caress YOU CHELIOS

E: Crank movies are crazy fun (also racist) go watch them

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

You're good people. But ideas like this:

"I just hate his annoying gimmick of going into threads about good movies and hijacking them with college-level theses about why the movie was actually bad, or going into threads about lovely movies and analyzing them like they're High Art and then about two-dozen sycophants eat his poo poo up and start praising some garbage-level direct-to-video action movie or whatever."

...are the reason why this forum has a variety of hugbox threads for, like the latest videogame console of whatever. I am perceived as a kind of terrorist-academic who 'hijacks' threads with 'college elitism'. This is exactly what I was saying about how certain products are perceived as 'pure' - and under threat by various enemies. (Note the repeated emphasis on how 'good movies' are clean, legitimate, populist, High Art, etc.)

The X-Box has an incredible psychological power over people, and that's tied up in the various console 'news sites' (read: viral advertisements) that capitalize on the X-Box while promoting it. Superhero films are not dissimilar. Disney has simply done the best job of directly monetizing superhero hype, as each movie exists to hype the next movie, with the promise that it will eventually lead to a nebulous 'something'.

What's lost in all this are the movies themselves.

the fact that you are so compelled to post poo poo like this is loving laughable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

Is academic-terrorist one of the suicide squad members?

yeah he has the power to attract beatings

• Locked thread