Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2015/08/11/Azerbaijan-journalist-beaten-by-football-fans-after-Facebook-post/4451439306059/?src=r

This is where the "European" GP will be next year.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Looks like we should get rid of all these european gp's then. Spa sucks rear end and is a bad track, give me the Yas Marina Circuit any time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Seems like an appropriate venue tbh

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Spa isn't the European GP, we already got rid of Valencia.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Riso posted:

Maldonado accuses the media of giving him an undeserved bad boy reputation and mobbing him.

He's right.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Well yes, but he is not driving for the best team of all time, McLaren, so why should I say so straight out?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maldonado is better than any British driver in the last 50 years.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going going drop irony mode for a second. I maintain Maldonado is a decent enough driver and deserves to be in the series on talent alone. Then again, I have a thing for fast but accident prone drivers.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Alain Post posted:

I want to disagree with you, but it's difficult.

:britain:

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Alain Post posted:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tbh I would quite enjoy some of the posters in this thread to be beaten to death

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Riso posted:

Well yes, but he is not driving for the best team of all time, McLaren, so why should I say so straight out?

There are only three good drivers who have not driven for McLaren.

Nelson Piquet, Jacques Villeneuve and Pastor Maldonado.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm going going drop irony mode for a second. I maintain Maldonado is a decent enough driver and deserves to be in the series on talent alone. Then again, I have a thing for fast but accident prone drivers.

Most of Maldonados DNF's this year and last were down to mechanical failures anyway, but agreed i'd rather have a grid of Maldonados than some boring rear end finn/german like Bottas/Rosberg/Heidfeld/Sutil/Kovalainen/Hulkenberg

This is why I used to like big Juan Montoya

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Most of Maldonados DNF's this year and last were down to mechanical failures anyway, but agreed i'd rather have a grid of Maldonados than some boring rear end finn/german like Bottas/Rosberg/Heidfeld/Sutil/Kovalainen/Hulkenberg

This is why I used to like big Juan Montoya

At least Montoya was fast, aggressive, good and not crash prone. He'd win poo poo and push MSC (rip) all the time.

Maldonado can't even keep it on track for an entire lap.

Vettel sucks and is a fraud.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I get depressed that Juan didn't turn into a world-beater, he looked insanely good in 2001-2003. He was fat which was FTW. Modern twink drivers who eat grass and weigh 95 pounds FTL.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mansellesque physique. And yeah Juan was almost there but not quite. I blame the last 3 years of his F1 career on lousy cars.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 12, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Uh so apparently the Qataris want a GP. It's supposed to be a street circuit but they may use Losail instead for the time being. I don't watch MotoGP, would it be suitable for F1 cars?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Uh so apparently the Qataris want a GP. It's supposed to be a street circuit but they may use Losail instead for the time being. I don't watch MotoGP, would it be suitable for F1 cars?

It would be. It is maybe my least favorite circuit ever. It's basically Bahrain, but somehow with less character.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alain Post posted:

It would be. It is maybe my least favorite circuit ever. It's basically Bahrain, but somehow with less character.

Probably going to replace Spa then.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm an educated guy, but wtf is Qataris

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

People who live in Qatar.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

you're a moron hth

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i loved montoya & him & ralf was a really good team

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Juan was a misunderstood genius like his fellow countryman Pastor

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
We would all miss Pastor if he was no longer in F1. He's kinda terrible yet somehow redeems himself by driving like it's Deathrace 2000, combined with Lotus being Lotus, which never ceases to entertain.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Pastor can crash and burn into my puckering rear end in a top hat.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

They live near the Neutral Zone.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Human Grand Prix posted:

Any road is suitable for F1 cars as long as you give Bernie enough money

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

mindgames

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

poty posted:

mindgames

I see they recreated Spa 2013 turn one there at the bottom.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Yesterday was the 20 year anniversary of the greatest moment involving the greatest driver ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCXEhf1pYtw

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Goodness gracious me!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Here is his new ride for 2015.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I guess this proves that he's not a goon

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Eat poo poo sexhavers.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Eat poo poo sexhavers.

Don't worry, I'm betting the girl he had sex with is the equivalent of the car he's taken Eau Rouge flat out in.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i've walked up eau rouge and ive touched a girl once

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

poty posted:

mindgames

I have no idea who Nico Rosberg is playing weird-chess with in that photo. Is it Jules Bianchi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

Here is his new ride for 2015.

There will be no bad mouthing of Coloni in this forum. Or the man so awesome his F1 career was failing to Pre-Qualify at all for half a season and then still finding that Andrea Moda was too incompetent for him.

• Locked thread