Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

years of blissful freedom?

I have Comcast, I went over the 300GB cap by 300GB three months in a row (March, April, May), but they didn't put the charge on the bill or tell me about any caps until my June bill. The July bill had the April overage charges. The August bill has the May overage charges.

lol they're loving me so hard and they didn't even give me time to stop using the internet. goddamn i am getting owned

and what sucks is that they roll this poo poo out slowly in order to contain the rage, county by county, fcc complaint by fcc complaint (actually nobody reads these ever)

well anyway the point of this boring thread is to tell you this: comcast technicians all use a similar email address. it follows this format: csatech100@comcast.net. if you write a script (excel works fine too) to generate csatech001@comcast.net through csatech999@comcast.net only half of your goatse emails will bounce back

edit: ok fine here are the emails http://pastebin.com/kjT7QfuT

Mandator fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

and before you tell me not to harass low level tech employees, let me tell you this: gently caress you

they are the Uncle Toms of tech jobs

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

ha thats pretty funny here in australia there are caps all over the place but you just get shaped down to like 128k after you go over, you never get charged for it, that's like, criminal dude

only mobile phone services do that, and they now have to send you a warning text when you get close to your included data

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I genuinely didn't know that there was a limit to how much internet you could use a month. Are all the providers like that?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm on google fiber

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mandator posted:

and before you tell me not to harass low level tech employees, let me tell you this: gently caress you

Edgy racist poo poo isn't funny.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

and neither are you, get the gently caress out of my thread

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

anybody who says the word 'edgy' is a dumbass. go loving slit your throat you dumb beta bitch

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Hey OP there's always DSL!

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

The Sphinxster posted:

its not racist.. we're all white or brown. (like his too stupid to fusker email addresses)

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

ThaGrandCow posted:

Hey OP there's always DSL!

When Comcast fucks you, you can always count on AT&T to... gently caress you too because their data caps are at 250 for their dsl and they charge overages too

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
over here it's just an extra $10 a month for unlimited. they constantly call and say they can "save me money on a new plan" by taking it off because "our records show you are nowhere near the cap" but mysteriously when i did that i went double over. can't fool me twice you assholes :argh:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Why don't you write the script

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mandator posted:

anybody who says the word 'edgy' is a dumbass. go loving slit your throat you dumb beta bitch

Doubling down and accusing me of being the dumbass. Your thread is going to suck no matter what I post in it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm on Cox so I do not have this problems

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Can you watch a youtube video in any resolution without having to pause it every 30 seconds so it can buffer? Yes? Then stop whining.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

Doubling down and accusing me of being the dumbass. Your thread is going to suck no matter what I post in it.

only thing that sucks in this thread so far is you lol

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
lol you used 600GB worth of internet in a month and are acting all indignant about it. Go outside human being nerd.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

i already did? i'll post the emails to pastebin

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i dont have a cap on my home internet and i hope this situation will persist, but the future is unknown

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

coldplay chiptunes posted:

lol you used 600GB worth of internet in a month and are acting all indignant about it. Go outside human being nerd.

i was at work you bitch. i actually don't know how i used that much data and don't actually think i did

my router that's the only thing directly hooked into the modem actually recorded 1/3rd the data usage comcast did

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

i'm on cox as well

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i dont have a cap on my home internet and i hope this situation will persist, but the future is unknown

i didn't think they'd come for me either

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mandator posted:

i was at work you bitch. i actually don't know how i used that much data and don't actually think i did

my router that's the only thing directly hooked into the modem actually recorded 1/3rd the data usage comcast did

Did you just install windows 10?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Booblord Zagats posted:

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i had charter internet for a year or two and it was the best. they under advertise their speeds and were always upping the speed caps for no discernable reason

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

http://pastebin.com/kjT7QfuT

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Either stop j@cking off so much or switch to magazines or something dude, gently caress

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i dont know bro i have time warner and i have never been capped like a bitch

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Nooner posted:

Either stop j@cking off so much or switch to magazines or something dude, gently caress

yeah, ok, and deny my body?

first this thread is racist and now it's body shaming

*furiously mashes the report button*

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
best of luck with ur problem. i hope it gets fixed. its all just money in the end anyway, and a bit of internet. peace out

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mandator posted:

yeah, ok, and deny my body?

first this thread is racist and now it's body shaming

*furiously mashes the report button*

if you went outside you would lose weight and a girl might like you and let you gently caress her vagina. bandwidth problems solved.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
evil. but nobody is going to be able to do anything because you're all pussies

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

evil. but nobody is going to be able to do anything because you're all pussies

my cable company does not have caps hth

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Try purchasing an internet connection from a company that doesn't hate you.

I recently did this and it has been a good experience so far.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Sphinxster posted:

Go back to tumblr

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this thread is pretty bad but I like to post so :shrug:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Mandator posted:

yeah im feeling this, this is what slavoj zizek meant about the nuremberg trials

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
comcast just rolled out 180 megabits to our hood, which is rad, but it makes me wonder if they'll cap it now... gently caress.

Comcast takes the FCC or whatever complaints REALLY seriously. Until recently the reps would sell internet here as 100mb+ and it would really be capped at 30mb at the highest tier.

A bunch of people complained to the FCC recently. They gave everyone free poo poo and within 2 months we had 180mb internet. Some guy held out and got $400 off his complaint. They called me and offered me a free month, which I took, but wish I had held out now.

They have special reps to handle the complaints. They will do everything for you. They can give you anything. When a rep called me I asked her to forward some specific questions to Comcast HQ and they had one of the head techs respond specifically to my questions...

They do NOT gently caress around on the complaints. If you ever feel messed around with, file a complaint, just make sure you have a case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm suck Cox so I do not have this problems

• Locked thread