Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Aphrodite posted:

Did you watch season 1? The show wouldn't have made it to season 2 without him.

They shouldn't have killed him in the first place.

They shouldn't have killed quicksilver either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Cap tells the fast running man to "walk it off" if he dies, dude should totally be coming back at some point, having outrun Death.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Light Gun Man posted:

Cap tells the fast running man to "walk it off" if he dies, dude should totally be coming back at some point, having outrun Death.

There is no Black Flash in the Marvel Universe.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Did you watch season 1? The show wouldn't have made it to season 2 without him.

I have no idea why Coulson became such a huge deal. Its a boring character played by a boring actor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Alhazred posted:

I have no idea why Coulson became such a huge deal. Its a boring character played by a boring actor.

Coulson became a huge deal because Joss Whedon made him the reason The Avengers eventually banded together. They needed a "push" lol.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm so you're saying he was.....fridged.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Alhazred posted:

He was good in his small appearances in the Phase 1 films, but on the show he's not really a good lead. At least what I saw from Season 1 of Agents of SHIELD.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Ming-Na Wen is the true main character of Season 1 until Bill Paxton shows up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aphrodite posted:

Copy and pasting from calc.exe is easier.

You need a calculator to divide 60 and 72 by 12?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Alhazred posted:

He's the closest thing to an everyman for movies/shows full of superheroes and super-spies. In the movies he was a face and a name given to Nameless Support Staff, in the TV show he's the dad. Throw in the "bit of a fanboy" character quirk and it's not surprising he was easy to latch onto.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

boom boom boom posted:

But if Marvel films don't feature a death then people will think that they are unimportant, safe films for babies. And not real, serious movies that feature characters dying, the hallmark of serious material.

In other news some minor details about the Dr. Strange movie.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/15/d23-2015-doctor-strange-revealed

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I was pretty disappointed when I heard Benedict Cumberbatch was gonna be playing Strange, but this made me hopeful about the movie again

quote:

Tilda Swinton has said she hasn't decided whether to play the Ancient One as man or woman

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

boom boom boom posted:

After seeing the movie, I kind of wish they had killed the Scarlet Witch. Quicksilver in the movies was fun.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

While I really didn't like them killing off Quicksilver and at the time mostly felt like the only reason he died was Whedon, I definitely agree with,

Ignite Memories posted:

Fast guys are plot poison

and AoU Quicksilver was used well and not near as game-breaking stupidly fast as DoFP Quicksilver.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I just wanted the X-factor psychiatry panels in cinematic form. Is that so wrong??

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

boom boom boom posted:

I was pretty disappointed when I heard Benedict Cumberbatch was gonna be playing Strange, but this made me hopeful about the movie again

Well glad to know I can officially stop caring about Dr. Strange, because between "girls, cars and astral projection" and 'yes it's the origin story', the interest that Ejiofor and Swinton being cast had generated for me is gone again.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Are there any good examples of Cumberbatch shouting crazy bullshit onscreen? I can't think of anything he's done that's really over the top and that's like half of my excitement for the character.

Give me some live-action Dr Orpheus please.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ror posted:

Are there any good examples of Cumberbatch shouting crazy bullshit onscreen? I can't think of anything he's done that's really over the top and that's like half of my excitement for the character.

He's great at yelling

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

thrakkorzog posted:

I could see Elizabeth Banks playing a non-She-Hulk Jennifer Walters. That said, Elizabeth Banks always looks kind of small and delicate, not quite Carol Danvers who kicked rear end and took names even before she got super powers.

Banks would make a pretty great Brand, actually

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd prefer a natural greenhead like an anime or Old Gregg.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Hey guys. I saw Ant Man. I liked the parts where Paul Rudd became small and when Michael Douglas punched people. That's my review.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Hey, spoilers

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I finally saw ASM1 this evening. It's a shame they overloaded the movie, there is some genuinely good spiderman choreography. Emma stone was really great in it, too. Very strange pacing, though.

Renting ASM2 tomorrow night, but I have a feeling it's going to be a lot worse.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ignite Memories posted:

I finally saw ASM1 this evening. It's a shame they overloaded the movie, there is some genuinely good spiderman choreography. Emma stone was really great in it, too. Very strange pacing, though.

Renting ASM2 tomorrow night, but I have a feeling it's going to be a lot worse.

ASM's main credit is that is has the best Spider-Man costume put to film so far. Also I'm in the minority that thought Paul Giamatti chewing up the scenery as Rhino was great, even though the mech suit was garbage.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Pretty sure everyone loved Giamatti and wanted more of him instead of "the mystery of Peter's dad!"

I'm pretty sure that I'm in the minority who really enjoyed the Eletkro fights

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

They just nailed the way he moves so much more than in the Raimi movies. He does more of those comic booky hyper-elastic poses when he fights. I liked the way he sorta crawled on the lizard as he webbed him up in this scene.

edit: god, wouldn't it have been amazing if gwen stacy died at 3:02

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Pretty sure everyone loved Giamatti and wanted more of him instead of "the mystery of Peter's dad!"

I'm pretty sure that I'm in the minority who really enjoyed the Eletkro fights

I actually did enjoy the Electro fights, even the corny bit where he played "Itsy-Bitsy Spider" on the power cord thingies. The real thing that ruined the movie was both the Peter's dad thing and literally everything about Harry/the Goblin. His introduction was poor, I never bought his motivation, he went from zero to insane in about 20 minutes, it was all so drat forced. And all so they could lead to a terrible Gwen Stacy death.

Also I don't get the love for Giamatti. I thought he was fine, but I mean there's a fine line between "oh man this guy is hamming up his role and loving it isn't it great?" and "oh man this guy is... just chewing scenery like the set's made of twinkies holy poo poo" and he went over it several times. (Note: this would've all been redeemed if there would've been more to that Rhino fight then a goddamned cliffhanger)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty sure he was just using that as setup for the joke, man.
I guess the joke sailed right over my head. :(

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

TwoPair posted:

Also I don't get the love for Giamatti. I thought he was fine, but I mean there's a fine line between "oh man this guy is hamming up his role and loving it isn't it great?" and "oh man this guy is... just chewing scenery like the set's made of twinkies holy poo poo" and he went over it several times. (Note: this would've all been redeemed if there would've been more to that Rhino fight then a goddamned cliffhanger)

Agreeing with this. On the one hand Giamatti's ham was ultimately harmless because it only made up two minutes of the movie, on the other hand it felt pointless because it only made up two minutes of the movie. I was expecting him to show up again constantly throughout the movie, or for the stuff he stole to be some sort of McGuffin, but nope. It was all just to set up the cliffhanger at the end.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
What is BSS' opinion about the rumor going around that the Joker in Suicide Squad is in fact Jason Todd?

(spoilered for dramatic effect only)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 18, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Jason Todd sucks, therefore if the rumor was true it sucks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

redbackground posted:

What is BSS' opinion about the rumor going around that the Joker in Suicide Squad is in fact Jason Todd?

(spoilered for dramatic effect only)

A friend of mine wants this to be true so badly. I don't get why though. Without seeing the movie I can't tell what kind of impact it will have. Either Bruce regrets getting Robin killed by Joker, or he regrets letting Robin become the Joker so maybe not much?

The only thing I want to know about SS Joker is if his teeth are metal because Batman knocked out all of his teeth because the idea makes me laugh.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It sounds like a baseless rumor with absolutely nothing to back it up

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sounds like people unhappy with how they're doing the character and trying to spin it as not the "real" Joker.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Sounds like people unhappy with how they're doing the character and trying to spin it as not the "real" Joker.

I am unhappy with Leto-Joker but can't see myself spinning up fanfiction-esque nonsense to try to make him go away. It makes sense that some people would though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think that the Joker is actually the hit new original character The Arkham Knight.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah the Joker is Jason Todd thing is totally a fan theory and not even a poorly sourced and dubious leak.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

It sounds like a baseless rumor with absolutely nothing to back it up

Some people were saying that the bullet holes in the robin suit line up with scars on jared leto.

It's iffy, but I'd believe it. To reiterate, there was already a batman movie where this happened.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So the Dark Baymax in the Kingdom Hearts 3 Big Hero Six world is Baymax's body left in the alternate dimension

he gave up his heart to Hiro, so he's a Heartless

that's actually really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Ignite Memories posted:

Some people were saying that the bullet holes in the robin suit line up with scars on jared leto.

It's iffy, but I'd believe it. To reiterate, there was already a batman movie where this happened.

Two things:

1) If Jason Todd was killed by a gun, and not a combination of crowbar to the skull, explosions and fan votes, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

2) If they do the Jason Todd = Joker thing, then why would Harley be hanging around the fake? She's got too much loyalty and too little brains/self esteem to ever break away from the genuine article.

I actually don't hate the idea of Jason Todd coming back from the dead, being so pissed at Bruce for not avenging him that he takes on a Joker persona. That could be a story with a lot of potential. He knows all the Bat-secrets, he knows who's who, he knows how to hurt Bruce. Hell, taking on the appearance and style of the Joker would be a huge blow in and of itself, tearing down everything Batman has built over his entire lifetime. (I get the feeling that this is the story behind Arkham Knight, but I haven't played that yet, and I managed to not get spoiled so far)

But Jason cannot be The Joker. Why? Because then, if you'll pardon the expression, you've spoiled the joke.

Blockhouse posted:

So the Dark Baymax in the Kingdom Hearts 3 Big Hero Six world is Baymax's body left in the alternate dimension

he gave up his heart to Hiro, so he's a Heartless

that's actually really good

Oooh, I like that. Does he only have one hand?

• Locked thread