Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote SirSamVines greedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

SirSamVimes posted:

Look, it belongs to the town. I'm just holding it for safekeeping.

If you die, I appreciate your sacrifice.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ljtrigirl posted:

If you die, I appreciate your sacrifice.

Help him die!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Friends, friends, there is no need to go to such extremes, all for the sake of that bauble. I do agree, though, that it is important that we keep it safe. There are those that would murder for such a thing, and they are a grievous threat to all of us. Anyone who would kill for a pearl... they are no friends of mine, or anyone in this pleasant, little village.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That was a pretty fast grab there SamV. You better be on the up and up.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Meinberg posted:

Friends, friends, there is no need to go to such extremes, all for the sake of that bauble. I do agree, though, that it is important that we keep it safe. There are those that would murder for such a thing, and they are a grievous threat to all of us. Anyone who would kill for a pearl... they are no friends of mine, or anyone in this pleasant, little village.

In Ruzelia, we have a word for people like you.

It's alashaerva, which translates roughly to "busybody navelgazer"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It is a pity, it is, that somebody went and took that pearl, they did. Oh yes, bad things happen to pearl getters, they do, it'd probably be best to get rid of the thing. But what does it matter what you do? It all ends the same way, it does.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Help him die!

Actually, there are pretty much 0 worlds where I support lynching him today. How do we know what the pearl does if we instakill the beholder?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Meinberg posted:

I can tell from your avatar that your head is not empty.

But this post was.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Dangit. I'm trying to be all easygoing this game.

So ignore that last post.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It is a pity, it is, that somebody went and took that pearl, they did. Oh yes, bad things happen to pearl getters, they do, it'd probably be best to get rid of the thing. But what does it matter what you do? It all ends the same way, it does.

In a village of so few, how can we afford a man who is of so little value to himself? Why do we not just get rid of you, you urchin!?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ljtrigirl posted:

Actually, there are pretty much 0 worlds where I support lynching him today. How do we know what the pearl does if we instakill the beholder?

$$

Whenever you see that sign, know that it is I leaving a mark to look back at your post.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

$$

Whenever you see that sign, know that it is I leaving a mark to look back at your post.

What drew your attention in it?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Everybody I have a very powerful role, please submit your name if you would like me to use this very powerful role on you thank you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

In a village of so few, how can we afford a man who is of so little value to himself? Why do we not just get rid of you, you urchin!?

A man, you say, a man? A man? I may be many things, I am, but a man? By Slinvos, I'll have you know I am a prized possession in my corner of the grotto, I am! You'd be lucky to get my fleas, you would, you flea bottomed arse!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Are you channeling Yoda or Gollum?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Remember Standard Ecco Game Rules:

- You cannot re-##vote a player without ##unvoting first unless you are a multiple-voter!
- Votefinder is just a convenience not an answer!
- I will punish players who fail to follow these basic rules!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

A man, you say, a man? A man? I may be many things, I am, but a man? By Slinvos, I'll have you know I am a prized possession in my corner of the grotto, I am! You'd be lucky to get my fleas, you would, you flea bottomed arse!

drat it's gonna be hard to roleplay while constantly doublechecking page 2 and 3 of the thread

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The fact that people are already lashing out at me for holding onto the pearl confirms that I am right to do so. Greed corrupts the hearts of men, and I am uncorruptable therefore I should hold on to it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

SirSamVimes posted:

The fact that people are already lashing out at me for holding onto the pearl confirms that I am right to do so. Greed corrupts the hearts of men, and I am uncorruptable therefore I should hold on to it.

And remember, the pearl is dangerous. One person's already been murdered for it!

Diqnol I might have some leftover stew I could share with you.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

ljtrigirl posted:

I can tell from your avatar that your head is not empty.

But this post was.

Ah so we're already starting fully in earnest? Why not give things more of a chance to simmer?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

ljtrigirl posted:

Dangit. I'm trying to be all easygoing this game.

So ignore that last post.

Ah but now that you realize someone might notice, you completely withdraw it. Shucks.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EXAKT Science posted:

And remember, the pearl is dangerous. One person's already been murdered for it!

Diqnol I might have some leftover stew I could share with you.

Exactly, I am holding this for the town's safety.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Ah so we're already starting fully in earnest? Why not give things more of a chance to simmer?

Well to be fair, I think this is only her first game on these forums, so she might not know the uniqueness of joke phase.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

SirSamVimes posted:

Exactly, I am holding this for the town's safety.

How do we know that we can trust you? Why should we trust your incorruptibility?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Well to be fair, I think this is only her first game on these forums, so she might not know the uniqueness of joke phase.

Nah. We meta too. And I'm usually the person that gets too serious too quickly. I was planning on waiting until at least D2 before going full on LJ on you guys.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

A forums? You must be mistaken. That capital city is quite a ways from here. All we have is a small marketplace with a few stalls. Great seafood though!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EXAKT Science posted:

How do we know that we can trust you? Why should we trust your incorruptibility?

Because I am the wisest and most honourable man in this town. If anyone can hold it, it's me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

ljtrigirl posted:

Nah. We meta too. And I'm usually the person that gets too serious too quickly. I was planning on waiting until at least D2 before going full on LJ on you guys.

The backpedaling pings me more. It seems manufactured, and we make everything by hand here.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

EXAKT Science posted:

The backpedaling pings me more. It seems manufactured, and we make everything by hand here.

I can be a bit..... assertive? I'm trying not to be so much anymore. idk. Self control is one of those things that I lack.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

SirSamVimes posted:

Because I am the wisest and most honourable man in this town. If anyone can hold it, it's me.

Wisdom and honor won't guard you from poison, and poison drips from that pearl. It already has the blood of one murder on it! What if you die next?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

*stares at post*

*stares at username*

*stares at post again*

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Who would you prefer be holding it? What do you think of the other two people who tried to grab it?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

ljtrigirl posted:

I can be a bit..... assertive? I'm trying not to be so much anymore. idk. Self control is one of those things that I lack.

Well, relax! Sit down! I have some leftover stew if you're hungry.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Who would you prefer be holding it? What do you think of the other two people who tried to grab it?

What other two people?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If someone else proves themselves to be trustworthy enough, I will gladly relinquish the orb to them.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

SirSamVimes posted:

If someone else proves themselves to be trustworthy enough, I will gladly relinquish the orb to them.

You can give it away? Interesting. What a burdensome gift.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well, I can drop it and hopefully the intended person is on the ball enough to pick it up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

What other two people?

Sorry, I guess it's just one other person: ljtrigirl.

I thought I had saw another grab in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I don't see it in votefinder, but it still might matter.

##unvote

• Locked thread