Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

has rooney been poo poo again?

Mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot posted:

It true, Schalke dodged a bullet there.

Tah is also extremely poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i saw a stat today that he's had 2 shots on target in a match once in 2015 lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some decent overall play but in 60 minutes I watched he didn't look too dangerous

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ephex posted:

Tah is also extremely poo poo

He doesn't have several years of Bundesliga and CL experience though.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
What today's game has taught me is that Brugge wouldn't win the Championship. If they had a good year they might sneak through the play offs.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This ref has got good carding technique. Nice arm extension, good stern eye contact. 8/10

Ffs

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 19, 2015

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nice way to finish :unsmith:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
gently caress yes!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

A good winger would have scored that for Lazio.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
owned brugge

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

motherfucker, i love that afro oval office

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

ephex posted:

Fayliakos Poopoodoofuslos

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mmm, Van Gaal time goal.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lmao, ref had the whistle in his mouth and was about to end the game when the cross came :v:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

has rooney been poo poo again?

Pretty much. He had one decent spell where he chased down a wayward cross by the touchline and managed to keep it in play. Other than that... He's like an ineffective number 10 when he should be a striker.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

three goals, what a rout

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

robbie kruse has marfans

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
motherfucker gently caress off fellaini you oval office

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Der Shovel posted:

Pretty much. He had one decent spell where he chased down a wayward cross by the touchline and managed to keep it in play. Other than that... He's like an ineffective number 10 when he should be a striker.

Let's not forget the touch that put what should have been Memphis' hat trick on a plate

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
united took a massive poo on those belges, what was that hillary avatar idiot earlier talking about?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

I'm Crap posted:

united took a massive poo on those belges, what was that hillary avatar idiot earlier talking about?

congrats winning 3-1 at home against our reserves I guess

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ninpo posted:

Let's not forget the touch that put what should have been Memphis' hat trick on a plate

I forgot, the terrorists won.

But the more I think about it, the more it seems Rooney is actually playing a somewhat low number 10 type role, when he should be much further up the pitch. Is he just playing like that because it's his instinct, or is that the role Van Gaal wants for him?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

uXs posted:

:qq:

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

There was a lot of good stuff there like Depay, Smalling bossed it, but Shaw's defending was really bad and Schneiderlin didn't seem to understand that when we've got the ball he needs to make himself available. Schweinsteiger shouted at him several times for just milling about behind someone when he was looking for a pass.

Der Shovel posted:

I forgot, the terrorists won.

But the more I think about it, the more it seems Rooney is actually playing a somewhat low number 10 type role, when he should be much further up the pitch. Is he just playing like that because it's his instinct, or is that the role Van Gaal wants for him?

It was the right thing to do in this game anyway because wherever he went the centre backs would follow him and leave massive gaps, like when Januzaj almost got in and fouled the keeper. Hernandez definitely saw more of the ball once he was on though which is telling. I think Rooney will be fine as soon as he gets his fitness back but if he carries on like this then next season he won't be fit until January.

Scikar fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 18, 2015

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I'm gonna laugh when United inevitably get drawn into a group with Bayern and Real

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

uXs posted:

do belges put mayo on their sour grapes as well

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

uXs posted:

lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Fascism wins again lads. Next stop, some pharmaceutical company???

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Tesch & Stabenow?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

Lazio are a bunch of pussies. I hope they get knocked out and then drawn with Legia in the EL. Would love to see them get locked up again, and then hide behind Bonino's skirt, crying how they were treated badly by the oppressive Polish regime. Real men, proud fascists indeed, lmao.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

mackintosh posted:

Lazio are a bunch of pussies. I hope they get knocked out and then drawn with Legia in the EL. Would love to see them get locked up again, and then hide behind Bonino's skirt, crying how they were treated badly by the oppressive Polish regime. Real men, proud fascists indeed, lmao.

Maybe Legia should try qualifying for the CL lol

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

Maybe Legia should try qualifying for the CL lol

Please, as if that is ever going to happen.

We'll be lucky to make the EL group stage this year. Zorya has like half of the Shaktar squad on loan and we've sold everyone.

mackintosh fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 18, 2015

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
All the home teams won today. I guess it's more likely than the reverse, but still a tiny bit odd.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Scikar posted:

There was a lot of good stuff there like Depay, Smalling bossed it, but Shaw's defending was really bad and Schneiderlin didn't seem to understand that when we've got the ball he needs to make himself available. Schweinsteiger shouted at him several times for just milling about behind someone when he was looking for a pass.

I thought Shaw was great tbh. Had it not been for Depays two goals it would have been Shaw or Smalling for motm for me.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

The Big Taff Man posted:

I thought Shaw was great tbh. Had it not been for Depays two goals it would have been Shaw or Smalling for motm for me.

When he gave the ball away just before Depay's big miss it was 3 on 1 for a moment. It was a really bad mistake but he got away with it because he's fast as all gently caress and then even turned it into a good attack. There was one point where he got caught high up the pitch and just jogged back slowly while Dierckx was just stood totally unmarked as well, but fortunately they tried to pass to the other wing for some reason. It's cool having fullbacks that can attack better than Jones and Rojo but it seems like Shaw is one of those that makes his opposing winger defend more so that he doesn't have to defend properly against him, so I can see him getting caught out in big games where we have to defend more.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

never a pen

gently caress all those refs, loving leeches, use a loving TV already it's 2015

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

R. Mute posted:

lot's of manchester united fans are probably real happy about equalising against club brugge fcking lol

Had a look at the thread. Look at this loving post. You absolute shithead.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Another name for the podcast wall of shame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm just cracking up at someone with a Hillary Clinton av making fun of anything

• Locked thread