Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The good news is I'm town and you've proven to me that you're bad at this game regardless of your alignment

This is a lovely post. Seems desperate. Scummy gaslighting.

I'm also not really interested in doing that as it's the absolute least fun part of mafia so I'm going to go ahead and let you all know that I'll be not defending myself but rather continuing to do my own thing, hope this helps you understand me going forward, cheers

This is a worse post. The second merk calls you out you say you are no longer interested because it's the least fun part of mafia? You got yourself into this.

##vote diqnol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"Oh woe is me I'm not going to bother defending myself" posts are the worst kind of posts.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ljtrigirl posted:

Slight evil lean on Keane and whoever that easy mislynch is,

Buh?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

"Oh woe is me I'm not going to bother defending myself" posts are the worst kind of posts.

So are snipey posts that lie on a bed of non content and pearl grabbing. Why should anyone listen to what you have to think?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

She means Meinberg.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Why do I always get people thinking I'm scum d1 I suck at being town.

That said, I like the defense that LJ is putting up. It's not overtly hostile, but aggressive enough that I feel it might be coming from a town angle. ##unvote

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Because it's true, even if you are town the whole "I'm not going to bother defending myself because it's ~no fun~" is an incredibly anti-town play.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Is he an easy misdunk or is he bad

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SirSamVimes posted:

Because it's true, even if you are town the whole "I'm not going to bother defending myself because it's ~no fun~" is an incredibly anti-town play.

I've done it many times as town, but usually not this early on day 1. In the mid game (d2-d4-ish I guess), town can get bogged down with discussion that is focused on one player and his or her defense. In those situations, I'll often respond curtly to cases on me, refuse to defend myself, and then find scum as best as I can.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Merk, I want you to know that if I felt like I could handle it right now, I could maneuver around you without a sweat. I see what it is you're doing. I'm just not in a good place to do it right now so you're just going to be proven scum through your play.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is he an easy misdunk or is he bad

Add Pinterest Mom to the list of possible evils.

I feel like you can't have actually read my posts and then ask this question.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Merk, I want you to know that if I felt like I could handle it right now, I could maneuver around you without a sweat. I see what it is you're doing. I'm just not in a good place to do it right now so you're just going to be proven scum through your play.

Why do you think I'm scum again?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Your interaction with TMM was bad, your case on BK was full of empty jargon and literally linked to his entire post history and suggested we read him IN ISOLATION (read: without context) as an indicator of how scummy he is, and instead of acknowledging these things or arguing them, you decide instead to immediately go on the attack. You're foreseeing yourself in a corner and what you're doing now is trying to position yourself in the town's eyes as the guy who is scum hunting, the guy with the insight they need, and to paint me as some sort of scummy idiot who has no idea what he's talking about. I will probably cite examples of when and how you did these things when I'm a little calmer but rest assured that You. Are. Going. Down.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

I will probably cite examples of when and how you did these things when I'm a little calmer but rest assured that You. Are. Going. Down.
Diqnol, is this empty posturing... or are you about to call a THUNDERDOME?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

What is this.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Yeah I am seeing diqnol right now.

##vote diqnol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm going to hold my vote back for now because I want to see what diqnol thinks he has on Merk.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

ljtrigirl posted:

I kind of hate this question. It feels like fishing to see what kind of information he may or may not have.

How are you feeling about him now?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Samfucius posted:

How are you feeling about him now?

how are YOU feeling about the game currently, Samfucius?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:munch:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is just a standard lurker poke:

I'd like to see some posts from Chaoslord, ANarc, QPQ and Jedit.

Hal, Samfu and Meinberg you are on my radar for not posting a lot either.

I know you can't all be a posting superstar like me, but I'd still like to see some effort.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This is the weirdest pseudo-threat

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Hal, Samfu and Meinberg you are on my radar for not posting a lot either.

I know you can't all be a posting superstar like me, but I'd still like to see some effort.

I'll see about making some Actual Effort Posts tonight but it's likely to be tomorrow. Are posts that have nothing to do with anything acceptable? Cause I can probably hammer out a few of those.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If no content posts were bad I wouldn't post at all chaos :v:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Laughed at that way more than I probably should have.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

If no content posts were bad I wouldn't post at all chaos :v:

In a world where dreams come true....

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

how are YOU feeling about the game currently, Samfucius?

The highest post counts all belong to people who threw themselves into jokephase headfirst, some before the game even began. I have no idea why diqnol is having a meltdown already. I forgot you were in this game, due to the maelstrom of posts.

Those are my feelings so far in this fine D1.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

In a world where dreams come true....

Joke phase ended :cry:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

In the interest of developing more opinions, I am watching merk and those he interacts with.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Samfucius posted:

In the interest of developing more opinions, I am watching merk and those he interacts with.

So you're reading the thread? Gj

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Joke phase ended :cry:

It's OK buddy. I don't really hate or even dislike you. I just like to poke fun at you.

:glomp:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

merk posted:

So you're reading the thread? Gj

:tipshat:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Samfucius posted:

Why only merk?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

TMMadman posted:

hello

thx for the lurker call out 22 hours into the first day of the game

it is v helpful content

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

QuoProQuid posted:

hello

thx for the lurker call out 22 hours into the first day of the game

it is v helpful content

Yes because as the top poster I have been not saying anything all game.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

just started reading through the thread.

here's a lil' preview

TMMadman posted:

Yes because as the top poster I have been not saying anything all game.

TMMadman posted:

I should jump on you for setup spec chat, but since I tend to do it as well, it'd be pretty hypocritical of me.

ERROR! ERROR! SCUM DETECTED!

##vote: TMM

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

TMMadman posted:

After all the heat I took for massive setup spec chat in the Complete Bullshit game, I'm going to try not to do it so much.

Also, Keane is totally weirding me out. I don't know if he's scum, but I don't know what he's trying to do either.

tmm reminds me of jeb bush, in that he is really awkward and tripping over himself in his attempts to pre-empt people calling him scummy. i'm not entirely sure why a townie player is so concerned about appearances, and posts like these pang my gut hard. the keane callout strikes me as obvious to an absurd degree. keane is intentionally acting weird and acting like this is some grand new revelation is decidedly lazy.

Lumpen posted:

Ping ping ping. These posts seem insincere and overcareful. Wishywashiness on Keane strikes me as extraneous. Self-conscious playstyle change announcement blatantly in view of self-preservation shows a Scum mindset.
##Vote TMMadman

i agree with lumpen

lumpen is....

a good player

TMMadman posted:

I believe that Ecco usually favors longer early days and then shortens the deadlines for the later days.

TMMadman posted:

This is very true.

thank you mafia dad

TMMadman posted:

This all feels off to me. First, you straight up ask for the pearl and use a flavor claim as justification. Then you use a weird emotional appeal to seal the deal.

You certainly weren't Pierre's only friend and since most of us are fisherman, I'm sure we've all caught a shark or two in our lives.

I don't know if I trust SSV with the pearl, but I'm content to leave it in his hands for then moment. He can accept the responsibility and danger that goes along with it.

what the hell is this dumb post. i can't decide if it is a serious attack on gamer for a joke flavor post, or a joke post that you will immediately brush off the moment someone calls you out.

BottleKnight posted:

hmmmm weird!

but I would almost guarantee there being a multivoter based on Ecco specifically bringing back the weird vote rules. I don't believe she's used it her last few games iirc?

setup discussion is white noise and no one ever wins a game of "let's outguess the mod"

let's nip this thing in the bud

Lumpen posted:

Everyone that Ecco responded to in the thread is probably Town. The posts are taken as sincere and by engaging with them on that basis Ecco, as Mod who knows all the roles, implies that they are Town. I believe Ecco would respond in a ScumDoc for idle chatter to and chat idly about the game with Scum players, rather than posting in-thread.

So directly due to Ecco's post in-thread, my reads are skewed, (right or wrong) toward Town on Jedit, Kashuno, and Bottle Knight. In addition, Ecco directly criticized the vote on QPQ as wrong, and I dont think Ecco woukd do that if Jedit was actually voting a Scum, so QPQ tends to be cleared as well.

lol

Pinterest Mom posted:

i don't buy this reason to vote keane - it's a reach
##vote kashuno

i think pmom is being a little too hard on a new player. makes me edgy

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Rarity posted:

Solid post, Sam's pushing to create content in the early game without guiding opinions or attacking someone.

bad, white noise post.

Samfucius posted:

Content would be great.

"This post is good" is not content.

good response to bad white noise post.

##unvote ##vote merk

Why unvote if it's a joke, why care if he presses you on a meaningless joke vote, why wouldn't you try to use your vote in a meaningful way when he started to interact with you over it and FINALLY why are you being personable in a game of mafia? I know the answer, friends, I do.

i overlooked this exchange initially, but going through again, merk's unvote is more than a little weird. i don't think its as massive a slip as you seem to be implying here, but it's definitely odd.

EXAKT Science posted:

Assuming just a scumteam, it's probably five scum. If there's an SK, then four. Of course, there's almost certainly ~weirdness~ happening, because Ecco game.

sttooooooooooooooppppppp

Rarity posted:

This is an overly serious reaction to a very jokey post from Hal. Later on she claims that she understands jokephase so why does she react the way she does here? It could be supporting a scum buddy as I already mentioned, it could be she knows the pearl is bad for town. That's all speculation though, my main issue with this post is that I don't see it as a towny way of thinking. If Sam's the scummiest then he should be lynched, pearl or no pearl. This reaction says that ltrigirl is judging the lynch target by a different metric.

Oh hey, it's the traditional Attacking Meinberg Case(TM). We all know Meinberg, we know what he's like on D1, he's such an easy target on D1 cause he's such an awkward poster. I think ljtrigirl's just looking for the easiest target here and doesn't realise that we understand him.

Already been mentioned but backpeddling

This is her making excuses for her playstyle, it's a very defensive move made out of desire to survive.

##vote ljtrigirl

watch, and be amazed, as the amazing rarity transforms molehills into mountains before your very eyes! witness, as a new player, who has no reason to be familiar with meinberg at all, is transformed into an uncivilized menace to society!

all this and more an be found at the pearl of port lourde! buy your tickets today!

If I do decide to case ljt later in this game please remember that Rarity's case makes her scummier not townier and that my case exists outside of hers tia

guisseppe is on the ball. leaning pro-town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

okay, i am pretty much caught up right now. my leanings for scum atm are: TMM > Rarity > merk?

now i am going to bed so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

((did i post enough to be a "top poster?" am i allowed to criticize TMM for white noise posts yet????))

• Locked thread