Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ljtrigirl posted:

##unvote
##Vote Pintrest Mom

Is there somewhere I can go to look at tallies?

What's this vote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

The second post has the current votecount in it, along with the deadline! :)

And if you click on the vote image it will take you to the votefinder site which, depending on the mod, will also show unvotes as well.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ljtrigirl posted:

Can someone tell me the big difference between his scum/town play?

Nope!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok, Anonymous Narcotics totally let me down and didn't do poo poo so I just read and caught up.

##vote Samfucious this is the correct vote.

Also people who do not like Keane or Meinburg's posting need to get out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm about to embark on an 8 hour drive but when I get to a hotel tonight in thrilling Billings, MT I will have nothing to do but post in mafia games so expect more substance from me then, thanks.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry hal, I said I would do it tomorrow (which is now today) and I just woke up! How about you fill me in since you did read.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

merk, are you voting for SamV or Samfu?

Votetracker has it as SamV, but since you are agreeing with PMom, I'm assuming you mean Samfu?

When talking about a Sam this game could everyone please remember to add V or fu at the end of it for clarity?

That is helpful for votefinder but not necessary since a human reviews the game.

Kashuno posted:

The second post has the current votecount in it, along with the deadline! :)

The second post is only accurate insofar as everyone follows the rules for voting.

I will produce a count later this evening!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

That is helpful for votefinder but not necessary since a human reviews the game.

The second post is only accurate insofar as everyone follows the rules for voting.

I will produce a count later this evening!

Yeah I know that votefinder isn't the official tally for your games, but either way adding V or fu to the end of Sam would surely help you anyway. Plus it removes the chance for confusion for the other players.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Sorry hal, I said I would do it tomorrow (which is now today) and I just woke up! How about you fill me in since you did read.

Samfucious is hemming and hawwing and struggling to appear engaged in a very scummy way.

New players are put off by veterans with goofy posting styles.

QPQ gives me bad vibes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hal Incandenza posted:

Samfucious is hemming and hawwing and struggling to appear engaged in a very scummy way.

QPQ gives me bad vibes.

Everybody loves a clown, Hal.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

QuoProQuid posted:

okay, i am pretty much caught up right now. my leanings for scum atm are: TMM > Rarity > merk?

now i am going to bed so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

((did i post enough to be a "top poster?" am i allowed to criticize TMM for white noise posts yet????))

Why Merk? You don't reference him at all in your effort posts outside of an offhand comment of someone unvoting him and that still wasn't directed to Merk specifically.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

merk posted:

...and it's especially weird because he kind of implies that I'm scum later. Hmm, ok. ##unvote; ##vote Sam

Nah, I'm just watching you. There is potential ~everywhere~

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

QPQ gives me bad vibes.

I got accused of this exact same thing in my last game. On D1 as well, if I remember correctly.

Huh.

(I was town there too)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sam what would you say if I accused you

of being a good person?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok, Anonymous Narcotics totally let me down and didn't do poo poo so I just read and caught up.

##vote Samfucious this is the correct vote.

Also people who do not like Keane or Meinburg's posting need to get out.

So you read the thread, but instead of replying to complaints about you you jump on an easy vote.

I'm leaning scum on Hal.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Additionally, I just went through TMM's post history and there is almost nothing there, despite bragging about being the 'top poster.'

Posts like this

TMMadman posted:

It's possible to switch names or powers around. Just because something is often named one way doesn't mean that it can't be changed for flavor purposes.

TMMadman posted:

I don't think the LJ votes are good because she is new to this site. Sure, she has played Mafia before and seems to be well versed in searching for scum, but it also seems rude to not give her at least until D2 to find her footing within this community.

I doubt I would still be playing if everyone voted me out on D1 of my very first game. Now granted that was a little different cause I hadn't ever played Mafia before, but the principle is the same: give the new person a day before you really go all out on them (even if they are scum).

where he's mafia dadding. Seriously, so much mafia dadding. This is just the beginning.

and then his lurker callout seems really forced. He mentions his top poster status, either directly or indirectly, several times, as if he is checking constantly to make sure he has the most posts, despite the fact that there is almost literally zero scumhunting.

and then stuff like this:

TMMadman posted:

merk, are you voting for SamV or Samfu?

Votetracker has it as SamV, but since you are agreeing with PMom, I'm assuming you mean Samfu?

When talking about a Sam this game could everyone please remember to add V or fu at the end of it for clarity?

Where he has clearly paid attention to your votes on Sam but he has nothing to say about it, and no opinions whatsoever.

##unvote, ##vote TMMadman

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

It's a positive read on a player, an extra connection that can be used once one of us flips. Creating those is what D1 is all about.

Okay I am dredging this back up as I reread but jesus this is bad.

If anyone out there tried to use a "this post is okay!" post to do... anything conclusive, it would be so utterly worthless.

Rarity you slid off my radar somehow but your play around this time is lighting up my sonar something fierce.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I can see the argument for TMM, but on the flipside in the same breathe it looks like he's waiting for content to jump on. Instead of just being passive he's trying to get people to post and get poo poo going, constantly referencing post counts like a tosser to criticize people into :justpost:

Which isn't really unusual D1, tbh.

TMM please share your reads to the class with what content you have!!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Let's discuss Diqnol for a moment. If you're not voting him, why not? What is your read on him? I feel like he's not posting today to try to see if the heat on him goes away.

##unvote; ##vote Diqnol

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Anything is likely to lead town in the wrong direction. We have zero information so the chances are we're lynching town today. It seems like you're trying to make excuses to avoid getting lynched for something that got you lynched in the past.

If you read the tmm post he is quoting, rarity seems to be defending setup spec while saying it is still a lynchable offense.

Also preemptively excusing his town lynch.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Samfucius posted:

If you read the tmm post he is quoting, rarity seems to be defending setup spec while saying it is still a lynchable offense.

Also preemptively excusing his own town lynch.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Quoted/edited for pronoun clarity.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Samfucius posted:

I got accused of this exact same thing in my last game. On D1 as well, if I remember correctly.

Huh.

(I was town there too)
This strikes me as a lame and defensive Scumpost in both tone and content..

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

So you read the thread, but instead of replying to complaints about you you jump on an easy vote.

I'm leaning scum on Hal.

What complaints?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hal
Lumpen
Sam

Thoughts on Diqnol? Sam, you've voted him. Expand.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

What complaints?

Rarity posted:

Oh look and then you jump on Sam with a vote that could easily be played off as a joke or pushed as a serious case.

Boo, Hal.

Boo.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Lumpen posted:

This strikes me as a lame and defensive Scumpost in both tone and content..

Honestly it stuck in my craw because I am wondering if I have a meta, and I am obviously a self-absorbed person.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

Hal
Lumpen
Sam

Diqnol is looking pretty Scummy to me. His posturing seems like posturing and he's avoided actually backing up his poaitions with content, appealing to lame excuses.

Would lynch Diqnol.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

His posting is completely typical for him and therefore alignment neutral.

It's not just cause of this post but it's a good opportunity to say that FV's looking town as hell to me

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Samfucius posted:

Honestly it stuck in my craw because I am wondering if I have a meta, and I am obviously a self-absorbed person.

tbh my meta read on you is that your scum game is lurkey and bad so even though your posting is still awkward I'm leaning town on you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

I can see the argument for TMM, but on the flipside in the same breathe it looks like he's waiting for content to jump on. Instead of just being passive he's trying to get people to post and get poo poo going, constantly referencing post counts like a tosser to criticize people into :justpost:

Which isn't really unusual D1, tbh.

TMM please share your reads to the class with what content you have!!!

This is pretty much spot on about me. I tend to post a lot of crap on D1 (I try to focus and not post as much poo poo after D1) because I'm a messenger and spend the majority of my day in my car alone with my phone. So I tend to treat D1 as a time to shoot the poo poo and just try to get people to post in the thread, even if it doesn't really have to do with the game.

And for clarification, while my lurker poke was maybe a bit premature, I stand behind it. I just wanted those people to come in and make a post or two. I didn't care that chaos or anarc came in and just made and post about being busy, I was just happy to see something from them. I'm happy QPQ came in and made some effort posts even though he ended up voting for me.

Also the line about being a posting superstar was meant to be a joke and I thought it should have been clear because I know I've posted plenty of crap already. Next time I'll just add a :v: to make it obvious that I'm not taking myself seriously.

And Gamer, since you asked nicely I will indeed give you some reads, but I'll have to do it later tonight when I'm on my computer. Is that reasonable?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

not to devalue your opinion lumpen but who do you think isn't scummy

cuz I'm pretty sure you're eyed literally everyone

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Hal
Lumpen
Sam

Diqnol seems pretty townie to me so far. I think he's in his more casual flippancy mode that I associate with town and I get the feeling he believes what he's saying.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

No i already flavour claimed I am Beast

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh that hang on let me get my response ready...
:nexus:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

merk posted:

Hal
Lumpen
Sam

I voted him because ~I'd fight you and you would lose but I don't wanna~ is just so bad in every way. He's disappeared, and I agree that it could very well be to draw heat away. It is kinda working, because in his absence I am starting to swing rarity. Not that diqnol is becoming less scummy, rarity is just eclipsing him.

##unvote
##vote rarity

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Thanks Hal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This bottle knight might actually be a bad guy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

TMMadman posted:

And Gamer, since you asked nicely I will indeed give you some reads, but I'll have to do it later tonight when I'm on my computer. Is that reasonable?

##vote TMM

this goes away when you do, friend

we at the office of excellent and bodacious fishermen tracking take our clerical work very seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Or maybe he's alright

• Locked thread