Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I jumped into comics with A/NA and then caught up on F4 and FF and it was like reading a prequel that came out after the original. There's a ton of little cool callbacks but nothing too critical. When I first read it, sure Reed could have a machine to look at other universes, but seeing what it was originally for and why he said he shouldn't use it was pretty cool.

Also, are there any cool Madame Masque stories outside of Hawkguy? I'd like to check some out on unlimited if possible.

limp dick calvin fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

She had a good issue in Fraction's Iron Man. "I hope you die. I hope we both die."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Consummate Professional posted:

I jumped into comics with A/NA and then caught up on F4 and FF and it was like reading a prequel that came out after the original. There's a ton of little cool callbacks but nothing too critical. When I first read it, sure Reed could have a machine to look at other universes, but seeing what it was originally for and why he said he shouldn't use it was pretty cool.

Also, are there any cool Madame Masque stories outside of Hawkguy? I'd like to check some out on unlimited if possible.

There was great post a while ago about the Tony/Madame romance.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Die Laughing posted:

She had a good issue in Fraction's Iron Man. "I hope you die. I hope we both die."

I kinda want to dig this arc up just for the Mountain Goats reference now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CBR has an interview with Hickman. Spoilers for SW #5. He also says that his last Marvel work "for awhile" will be writing the dialog for the last issues of SHIELD which will come out after SW.

[Laughs]

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

CBR has an interview with Hickman. Spoilers for SW #5. He also says that his last Marvel work "for awhile" will be writing the dialog for the last issues of SHIELD which will come out after SW.

[Laughs]

N: That preview panel for #6
V: Hyped as all gently caress.

Really interesting to read about the relation between Doom and Molecule Man. Doom isn't an omnipotent as I thought he was. Then again, if he truly was then there's nothing the survivors could have done. The note on how close both Siege and Thors tie to the main series also sounds awesome as those books have been fun as hell.

Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

redbackground posted:

After FF 5:

After reading all of the FF/F4 issues, then move on to A/NA, yes.

Thanks for linking my spreadsheet, Senor Candle. :hf:

What we need is a Marvel Unlimited API or user-submitted "collections", so you could just load up a reading order and roll through. I would happily put up with the continuing UI fiasco and inexplicable holes in the library if we could just have that.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm just now realizing that there are only 3 issues left.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Majuju posted:

I kinda want to dig this arc up just for the Mountain Goats reference now.

I'm pretty sure it's invincible Iron Man: Worlds Most Wanted. It was a good arc.

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008

Senor Candle posted:

I'm just now realizing that there are only 3 issues left.

From the CBR interview:

quote:

Our next few issues of "Secret Wars" will be bigger. Issue #6 is a little bit bigger. Issue #7 is much, much bigger. Then of course issue #8 will spiral out of control in size as we try and wrap this thing up. [Laughs]
Sounds like they'll have more than 3 issues worth of content.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Test Pattern posted:

What we need is a Marvel Unlimited API or user-submitted "collections", so you could just load up a reading order and roll through. I would happily put up with the continuing UI fiasco and inexplicable holes in the library if we could just have that.

Yeah that would be awesome, because right now having to exit at the end of each issue rather that continue to the next comic in the story is annoying as gently caress. Currently I just go to the Hickman page from browse but sometimes there's comics missing from there for some inexplicable reason. I got up to FF 15 last night and this is some cool poo poo going on. I'm very much liking this story.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

Yeah that would be awesome, because right now having to exit at the end of each issue rather that continue to the next comic in the story is annoying as gently caress. Currently I just go to the Hickman page from browse but sometimes there's comics missing from there for some inexplicable reason. I got up to FF 15 last night and this is some cool poo poo going on. I'm very much liking this story.

It takes forever up front but what I do when I want to read a big crossover is just add all the books (one by one of course, no mass add function) to my library. It sorts them by date natively.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

It takes forever up front but what I do when I want to read a big crossover is just add all the books (one by one of course, no mass add function) to my library. It sorts them by date natively.

Yeah the hassle of doing this upfront is very much worth it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Just finished reading the Fantastic Four Hickman run, but what happened to Hitler Reed the one with the long beard? Did I miss what happened to him, was he the that got absorbed with the Supreme Consciousness? Also, kind of wondering if some of the FF stuff will tie in somehow.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I'm pretty sure Hitler Reed is killed by the Mad Celestials during the whole invasion of the council bit. It's his Infinity Gauntlet that Doom uses to make his universe.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Since there are other people reading Hickman's fantastic four stuff I'm going to spoil this. FF #16 Kid Franklin telling Mister Franklin he wants his own Galactus. Doom is the best dad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

N: That preview panel for #6
V: Hyped as all gently caress.

Val's all 'What the gently caress are you wearing?'

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TGG posted:

I'm pretty sure Hitler Reed is killed by the Mad Celestials during the whole invasion of the council bit. It's his Infinity Gauntlet that Doom uses to make his universe.
This is correct. He calls out "We have no masters." and then gets blasted with another Reed in a full-page space kablooey.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Reed, this is hardly the time to show off your dance moves.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The note on how close both Siege and Thors tie to the main series also sounds awesome as those books have been fun as hell.

Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Just started reading Thors. What's the deal with the 'Main' Thor not being worthy to wield an actual hammer, when everyone else has their own Mjolnir? I noticed he's just wielding his axe.

Is Jason Aaron ever going to let us know just what Fury said to him that seemingly made ALL 'Main' Thor's unworthy of Mjolnir, even their counterparts on Battleworld? And why was he deemed worthy again right before he died before SW started?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Caper posted:

Just started reading Thors. What's the deal with the 'Main' Thor not being worthy to wield an actual hammer, when everyone else has their own Mjolnir? I noticed he's just wielding his axe.

Is Jason Aaron ever going to let us know just what Fury said to him that seemingly made ALL 'Main' Thor's unworthy of Mjolnir, even their counterparts on Battleworld? And why was he deemed worthy again right before he died before SW started?

That was Doom's will. Jason Aaron will reveal it but it looks like it has something to do with accepting death.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

That was Doom's will. Jason Aaron will reveal it but it looks like it has something to do with accepting death.

Dude! That makes a ton of sense. Might explain why he can't wield it but Jane Foster can.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Die Laughing posted:

I'm pretty sure it's invincible Iron Man: Worlds Most Wanted. It was a good arc.

World's Most Wanted is one of the best "event tie in" stories I can think of.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Caper posted:

Dude! That makes a ton of sense. Might explain why he can't wield it but Jane Foster can.

Hopefully when not forced to string along the most obvious secret identity plot twist ever created by human hands so he could avoid getting interrupted by a giant crossover Aaron can get on that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

World's Most Wanted is one of the best "event tie in" stories I can think of.

It was part of Dark Reign which was a status quo change instead of an actual event. A lot of books had fun with that, but your point still stands. I highly recommend it as far as Iron Man goes.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Val's all 'What the gently caress are you wearing?'

That's the issue I've been waiting for! HOORAY!

Also, Hickman confirming that it's our Thanos in Siege is pretty exciting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

House of M is cool but like everything I suppose your mileage will depend on how well you liked the HoM universe. Unlike the event, the book is focusing more on the ruling family rather than the human rebellion, thought that stuff is in there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nevvy Z posted:

That's the issue I've been waiting for! HOORAY!

Also, Hickman confirming that it's our Thanos in Siege is pretty exciting.

I don't think Hickman really needed to confirm that since it was blindingly obvious after the end of the last issue of SW. Before that, sure.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
So what did 1872 Tony's fortune say?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Unmature posted:

So what did 1872 Tony's fortune say?

Make a gun

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Did anyone get secret love?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes it is great.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

I don't think Hickman really needed to confirm that since it was blindingly obvious after the end of the last issue of SW. Before that, sure.

There were people suggesting it was the other Thanos. But I knew in my heart they were wrong.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Loved it. When all the couples are dancing during the Squirrel Girl story, you can totally see Magneto holding up Xavier.

Lucy Rand and Danielle Cage were so freaking adorable.

Ghost Rider and Ms Marvel was kind of cute. Ant Man and Wasp was silly and cute.

That opening Daredevil story though? It was a love story, but drat it was pretty dark.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nevvy Z posted:

There were people suggesting it was the other Thanos. But I knew in my heart they were wrong.
I guess if them saying "No it is NOT the Thanos making a glove" was intended as a huge swerve, then sure.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Die Laughing posted:

Loved it. When all the couples are dancing during the Squirrel Girl story, you can totally see Magneto holding up Xavier.

And Ms America and Kate Dancing together ditto with Carol and Jess, Hulk and Red She Hulk, She Hulk and Daredevil, Kamala and Robby. and Speed and Prodigy smooching. That a shippers dream panel.

Hahah, what the Namor and Quicksilver? That kind of sheds new light on the story in House of M.

What the gently caress 1872?????

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 19, 2015

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Is the Captain Britain story seriously only two issues?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

What the gently caress 1872?????

Its amazing. This miniseries is great and I can not wait to see where it goes from here. It also made me want to rewatch Deadwood....

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My guess is that Tony becomes the new sherriff. Bullseye as a Wild West gunslinger villain is inspired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

My guess is that Tony becomes the new sherriff. Bullseye as a Wild West gunslinger villain is inspired.

Falcon is going to replace him.

• Locked thread