Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plscks
Apr 3, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
I think it's stupid difficult to monitor all the YouTube garbage my step son watches. We try to watch his videos with him or at least pay attention to them a little bit to monitor if it's appropriate or not. But in the last year or so he's picked up the habit of wearing headphones while watching from his dad's house. But if he's got the headphones on I can't hear if the stuff is appropriate for him, and then there's the fact that he will watch like 17 different videos in like 12 minutes, I don't understand it really. So I will agree that it is completely the parents fault for not monitoring what your kids are exposed to, but it is extremely easy to fall into the habit of getting sick of the nonstop noise, have the kid put on headphones, and just look to make sure it's a "Minecraft" video that's on the monitor.

Moral of the story here is that parents that haven't actually watched Minecraft videos on YouTube are extremely likely to unintentionally expose they're kids to terrible internet stuff, especially if the kid is told to cut the noise out and wear headphones. And also, YouTube is not a drat babysitter :argh:

Thread related content: How often is Windows 10 Minecraft getting updated and will it update itself? It runs amazing on my desktop and I can't wait till my wife and I can play multiplayer with our kid from our phones in the same world. That's gonna be awesome fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Lots of parents don't have the time to be vigilant about everything that their kids are consuming, though. I met one of my kid bro's friends a few weeks ago. This twelve-year-old was wearing a minecraft shirt and a minecraft hat and the very first thing he said to me was "do you like youtube". He spent the afternoon interrupting conversations between the three of us shouting poo poo like "derp" and "hitler was a secret jew". His only family is his mother. She works six days a week and he's at home alone most of the time. People in her position simply don't have the resources to keep tabs on what's influencing their children.

The format of internet randoms uploading independently produced/published videos of themselves playing games with commentary dubbed over is so far removed from anything they're familiar with that it's increasingly hard to ascribe kids being influenced by these people to parental failure. There's no PEGI/ESRB/whatever for youtube Minecraft videos. That there exist cartoons that aren't for children is something that's been obvious to a lot of parents for at least a decade now but I think it's gonna be a lot longer before "holy poo poo, there are people uploading videos of kid-appropriate games rammed full of strong language and sexual content and we need to be careful with that" properly permeates into the mainstream. Even people who are more informed than the average parent are gonna see Minecraft or whatever on their kids' screens, think "well, it's not GTA/Call of Duty/etc", and leave them to it because it looks like age-appropriate media.

I binged on GTA1 and South Park and Bottom and the Alien flicks and all kinds of other inappropriate stuff when I was still in single digits because I was largely unsupervised. In those cases, though, my parents could have looked over my shoulder for thirty seconds and determined that I was getting into some poo poo I wasn't capable of fully understanding. The criteria for being vigilant about what's influencing your kids has increased massively over just the past few years and I feel like it's not 100% reasonable to condemn parents for not being able to easily tell what is and isn't appropriate content anymore.

I'm not "blaming the culture" or whatever. Just saying that we're dealing with a new kind of media for which we have no prior frame of reference and it worries me a lot.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Edit: Nevermind

mutata fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 20, 2015

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Saeka posted:

Remember that nothing is balanced yet. I imagine things will be a bit quicker in the final release.

Heck it isn't even that bad, someone looked at the code already and it takes .8 seconds to reach a fully charged swing when using a sword and we already know under the current snapshot at full strength you can deal enough damage to kill a zombie in four hits with a iron sword and three hits with a diamond, so 2.4 seconds to 3.2 seconds to kill a mob and it isn't unlike you can't move during this time. While I agree that the timing needs slight tweaking and there needs to be an offset for the loss of the the continual minor knockback gained from spam clicking, but people are heavily exaggerating the cool-down time. Yeah, skeletons are a little annoying, but shields make them practically useless as the shield negates all damage and eats most of the knockback and the sword cool-down charges while a shield is up.

I think the issue is that the percentage of a charged strike is weighted towards the tail end of the cool-down, what I mean is that it takes from .05 seconds to to .40 seconds to reach 25% attack strength and .60 before you hit 56% attack strength and then the other 44% is crammed in .40 seconds. While I personally don't think tapping the mouse button every second to attack as being slow, I can see a lot more people being comfortable with it maxing out at .60 seconds in order to deal with things like server ping, but on the flip side if you make it to fast you run into the problem where shields become highly useless.

I also don't see what the issue is really outside of complaints about ping, in which case that is mostly a server issue and 1.9 as of this snapshot is running at a 15% increase tick rate. Button smashing doesn't do anything in a singleplayer environment, mobs and players both have a .5 second immunity frame after taking damage, so if you are spamming attacks most of that damage isn't going through anyway, on servers it is a slightly different story, but again, that is mostly dealing with ping and this system, as it slows combat down a little bit, actually helps players with lower ping and makes pvp not so much about who has the faster connection.

What I find neat is that bonuses to damage from enchantments and potions (which are no longer percentile increases to damages in 1.9 but a flat +3/+6/etc to your total attack damage) are not reduced (at least currently) by the cool-down system, so a properly equipped player (something as simple as a sharpness enchantment which gives a +6.25 attack at level V for all around use or smite which gives a +12.5 attack at level V for survival players fighting a lot of undead) can still button smash effectively.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

My vanilla SMP island!

My vanilla SMP island with loading!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Jamesman posted:

I would be fine with refining the combat experience if this was still how the experience played out, but they've been integrating the combat experience more and more throughout the gameplay experience, that refining and complicating it becomes more of an annoyance than an improvement. I think they should also be improving the control the player has over when they want to engage in a combat experience. Right now, you just have the option to sleep (sometimes), and the option to spam light sources. I think it might be time to revisit the spawn mechanics.

I've always thought they should do something more elaborate than the basic "it's dark, spawn poo poo at random" method. At the moment it just feels like a placeholder mechanic that never got replaced.

Here's a thought: have "rifts" appear at night on the surface. They'd originate on naturally occurring blocks and be like a column of sinister light (red or purple), 1 block wide and several blocks high. From the base of these rifts spawn your usual mobs, zombies and whatnot, at a regular rate. But the player would be able to close the rifts through... I dunno, hitting it enough with your sword or something?

But if the rift lasts through to dawn, it changes the landscape around it a little. So what was once grass becomes bare dirt (the kind where grass doesn't grow back), for instance. The rift stays inactive during the day, but when night comes back again, it's increased in level. The mobs coming out are tougher, or spawn more regularly, and if it lasts through to the dawn again, the landscape changes again. Depending on what sort of mobs are coming through, it builds a little mini-dungeon around itself. Creates open graves for zombies/skeletons, webs and cocoons for spiders, that sort of thing.

As the rift progresses, it grows in size, becoming taller, so while you might have missed it when it was only a few blocks tall, eventually it's a huge beacon you can see reaching above the treeline, letting you know that that's where all the monsters are coming from. But by this point there might be a whole spooky graveyard or something in the area, with high-grade monsters loitering around, making it quite the expedition to shut it down.

Heck, maybe if a rift grows large enough it turns into a portal that the player can go through, to enter into a small instance to defeat the boss dwelling within. A spider queen or a lich king or a shambling undead horror or something, that drops enchanted gear and rare items. Great risk, great reward.

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

I've always thought they should do something more elaborate than the basic "it's dark, spawn poo poo at random" method. At the moment it just feels like a placeholder mechanic that never got replaced.

Here's a thought: have "rifts" appear at night on the surface. They'd originate on naturally occurring blocks and be like a column of sinister light (red or purple), 1 block wide and several blocks high. From the base of these rifts spawn your usual mobs, zombies and whatnot, at a regular rate. But the player would be able to close the rifts through... I dunno, hitting it enough with your sword or something?

But if the rift lasts through to dawn, it changes the landscape around it a little. So what was once grass becomes bare dirt (the kind where grass doesn't grow back), for instance. The rift stays inactive during the day, but when night comes back again, it's increased in level. The mobs coming out are tougher, or spawn more regularly, and if it lasts through to the dawn again, the landscape changes again. Depending on what sort of mobs are coming through, it builds a little mini-dungeon around itself. Creates open graves for zombies/skeletons, webs and cocoons for spiders, that sort of thing.

As the rift progresses, it grows in size, becoming taller, so while you might have missed it when it was only a few blocks tall, eventually it's a huge beacon you can see reaching above the treeline, letting you know that that's where all the monsters are coming from. But by this point there might be a whole spooky graveyard or something in the area, with high-grade monsters loitering around, making it quite the expedition to shut it down.

Heck, maybe if a rift grows large enough it turns into a portal that the player can go through, to enter into a small instance to defeat the boss dwelling within. A spider queen or a lich king or a shambling undead horror or something, that drops enchanted gear and rare items. Great risk, great reward.

I've always been a fan of the "Monsters spawn in graveyards/spider web forests/creeper dens that you can bust up" and this would be a wonderful way of doing it.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
New snapshot this morning.

Mobs now have a new particle effect when struck to show how much damage you just dealt (a compromise for people wanting actual damage numbers popping up on hit).

Jeb is experimenting on reverting a change to armor from four years ago making your total armor value drop as armor gets damaged, but it is not the horrible 1 to 1 relationship that it was in 2011. Haven't played around with this yet, but I'm kind of interested. Gives a reason to spend resources, something I as a server moderator have noticed over the years as an issue.. people end up with so much diamond and iron they don't know what to do with it all, so repairing your armor to keep your protection up is, in my opinion, an OK change, maybe a little harsh in the beginning, but the cost isn't going to be that noticeable later on.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I honestly wish Diamond armor was not something you could craft, but only find in chests or from drops. And that a higher than Iron level armor was craftable by combining iron with another item or putting it through some additional process, to make steel or some kind of alloy or whatever. I'd recommend lower iron spawns slightly if this were the case though. Just slightly. And the additional process and ingredients could be a bit more expensive, but not diamond rare.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jamesman posted:

The zombie hordes. The difficulty increase for staying in an area too long.

What are these?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

This is possibly one of the things I find infuriating about the game because I'll put down a million torches around my base and the game will still find the single closest block where it's dark enough and just plop down a whole pile of enemies in perfect sight of me. Also, gently caress creepers spawning on top of trees.

Yet ages ago they changed it so animals spawn once per chunk, so if you want food / supplies you gotta wrangle them up and breed them.

OwlFancier posted:

What are these?

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Regional_difficulty#Regional_difficulty

Basically, as you (or other players) spend more time in an area, an invisible counter ticks up, and the higher it is, the higher chance the game has of spawning more difficult versions of mobs.

E: Region difficulty is weird to me. You think it'd work the other way around, and the longer you spend in an area, the safer it would become.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 20, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Monsters should have spawn rules, like witches can only appear near witch huts or something. They shouldn't be super strict to the point that nothing ever spawns, but there should be some discovery component so that experienced players can look at a cave or surface feature and identify what kind of threats will probably be in there.

Like zombies need access to the surface, creepers need complete darkness, spiders need a certain amount of vertical space, stuff like that.

Some of this logic is already in the game, like for the wither skeletons. They just need to expand that to everything else and get rid of the 2009 placeholder systems.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
What about a sort of monster levelling mechanic, where they're permanent spawns (like animals) but a chunk with zero monsters in it will spawn some to make up the numbers. Every day they survive, they increase in strength. So they get stronger, and maybe after a certain number of days they advance to a superior form.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oxyclean posted:

This is possibly one of the things I find infuriating about the game because I'll put down a million torches around my base and the game will still find the single closest block where it's dark enough and just plop down a whole pile of enemies in perfect sight of me. Also, gently caress creepers spawning on top of trees.

That's kinda how the spawn system works. It wants to spawn a set number of enemies per tick per area and hunts around for a dark spot to do it in. It's incredibly stupid. And one of many reasons the game needs a (to be fair, make it expensive. And maybe unmovable) wide-area spawn suppressor.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 20, 2015

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

xzzy posted:

Monsters should have spawn rules, like witches can only appear near witch huts or something. They shouldn't be super strict to the point that nothing ever spawns, but there should be some discovery component so that experienced players can look at a cave or surface feature and identify what kind of threats will probably be in there.

Like zombies need access to the surface, creepers need complete darkness, spiders need a certain amount of vertical space, stuff like that.

Some of this logic is already in the game, like for the wither skeletons. They just need to expand that to everything else and get rid of the 2009 placeholder systems.

This would be cool as long as there were some craftable way to get XP faster. Or...

Fuego Fish posted:

What about a sort of monster levelling mechanic, where they're permanent spawns (like animals) but a chunk with zero monsters in it will spawn some to make up the numbers. Every day they survive, they increase in strength. So they get stronger, and maybe after a certain number of days they advance to a superior form.

Higher level versions of monsters existing that gave more XP. Also better dungeons. If we had better dungeons (with the occasional spawners still existing) then the lack of being able to build a darkness based grinder becomes a non-issue. Just build spawner grinders instead or raid dungeons.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

then the lack of being able to build a darkness based grinder becomes a non-issue. Just build spawner grinders instead or raid dungeons.

Keep in mind Mojang dislikes the idea of grinders. They want you to come by items and XP in the field.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

ToastyPotato posted:

Higher level versions of monsters existing that gave more XP. Also better dungeons. If we had better dungeons (with the occasional spawners still existing) then the lack of being able to build a darkness based grinder becomes a non-issue. Just build spawner grinders instead or raid dungeons.

Oh, sure, of course they'd give more XP. I thought that went without saying.

Better dungeons, though, that'd definitely be a must. No more cobblecubes, have something with some actual size to them. Maybe not full-on stronghold style but... actually, no, gently caress it, they should be the size of strongholds. And then strongholds should be ten times the size.

I remember I was doing a modpack for Minecraft (a simple one, using the Custom Stuff 2 toolkit among other things) that had stuff like wooden barrels you could smash to reveal items or skeletons (Diablo style) and big complicated underground dungeons.

Maybe now combat is less lovely, I should revisit that. Oh, except that mods won't work with the new version for months and months.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Oxyclean posted:

Yet ages ago they changed it so animals spawn once per chunk, so if you want food / supplies you gotta wrangle them up and breed them.
Man, I really wish they'd add deer or something that spawns randomly on grass away from player-placed blocks and can't be bred. That would let you get some meat without having to either breed animals or deplete the world's resources. It would also add a rudimentary form of hunting (which why doesn't a game with 'survival mode' have?) without bloating the save with needless spawning of new chunks.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

MikeJF posted:

My vanilla SMP island!

This is cool. Floating things are cool. Floating things that have things in them are even cooler.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

MikeJF posted:

That's kinda how the spawn system works. It wants to spawn a set number of enemies per tick per area and hunts around for a dark spot to do it in. It's incredibly stupid. And one of many reasons the game needs a (to be fair, make it expensive. And maybe unmovable) wide-area spawn suppressor.

Modded MC has Magnum Torches, that are hella expensive to make, but do just that and are amazing.

http://ftbwiki.org/Magnum_Torch

from ExtraUtilities

Giggs posted:

This is cool. Floating things are cool. Floating things that have things in them are even cooler.

Botania ( i think ) let's you make them in real time from a patch of land:

Yes i know this is the Vanilla Thread
Sorry~!!

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 20, 2015

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Tobaccrow posted:

Man, I really wish they'd add deer or something that spawns randomly on grass away from player-placed blocks and can't be bred. That would let you get some meat without having to either breed animals or deplete the world's resources. It would also add a rudimentary form of hunting (which why doesn't a game with 'survival mode' have?) without bloating the save with needless spawning of new chunks.

I'd love biome specific, non-domesticated animals for food and leather use. Deer, antelope, wildebeest, lions, bears, warthogs, crocs. The last few biomes they have added feel kind of desolate. It would be nice to see different spawns in different places.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

ToastyPotato posted:

I'd love biome specific, non-domesticated animals for food and leather use. Deer, antelope, wildebeest, lions, bears, warthogs, crocs. The last few biomes they have added feel kind of desolate. It would be nice to see different spawns in different places.

The idea of having more wildlife is what attracted me to the Mo'Creatures mod, before I learned it added a shitton of unwanted mechanics and terribly imbalanced garbage monsters.

I'd still like to see them at least implement biome-specific skins, not just for the animals but also the monsters. Just have everything use the skin %biomename%_%mobname%.png and if the file doesn't exist, default to just %mobname%.png

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
I'm pretty sure one of the things Notch went on about and then never added back when he was programming indev had to do with various neutral/hostile creatures. We never really got anything beyond what indev had already, though. At least not until a new feature gets added, then he/they added in the bare minimum to display the feature and left it at that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cheez posted:

he/they added in the bare minimum to display the feature and left it at that.

The design philosophy that earned a man 2 billion dollars. :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

The design philosophy that earned a man 2 billion dollars. :v:

Honestly it's the vibe I got in particularly the close to release era. He just sorta slapped in The End, Villagers and some other crap that sucked and felt pointless so he could call it a day and call the game released (so he could charge full price.) Although I kinda don't really blame him for wanting to get out.

I think they've done some stuff with villagers over time? I don't know because I just avoid them most of the time outside of pillaging their bookcases because those assholes always want poo poo like 15 emeralds for a piece of bread. Mojang is only finally just now getting around to adding something to the end that seems vaguely worthwhile.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Fuego Fish posted:

The idea of having more wildlife is what attracted me to the Mo'Creatures mod, before I learned it added a shitton of unwanted mechanics and terribly imbalanced garbage monsters.

I'd still like to see them at least implement biome-specific skins, not just for the animals but also the monsters. Just have everything use the skin %biomename%_%mobname%.png and if the file doesn't exist, default to just %mobname%.png

As with most MC mods, I think there is a lot of merit in the idea of adding additional wildlife beyond simple reskins that doesn't need to go as overboard as Mo'Creatures does. Most MC mods start with solid concepts and then proceed to overdo everything to the point of being a mess.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

MikeJF posted:

My vanilla SMP island!

I like structures that are built right into the terrain, like that window corner built into the mountain.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

What are these?

As you remain in an area, the difficulty rating for mobs will gradually increase, which determines the frequency of spawns, and the chances of mobs spawning with equipment, and the quality, abundance, and enchantments of that equipment also increases with the difficulty rating.

The zombie horde thing is the increase of zombie spawning resulting from you attacking zombies. Damaging a zombie results in a chance of more zombies being spawned outside of your sight range (behind you, from behind corners, etc). So you can be fighting one zombie and end up spawning a handful more just because.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Humans Among Us posted:

Modded MC has Magnum Torches, that are hella expensive to make, but do just that and are amazing.

http://ftbwiki.org/Magnum_Torch

5 diamonds, 10 gold ingots, and 2 potions doesn't seem too terribly expensive given the description of it says it has a radius of 8 chunks. I'd take that all day.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Rotten Cookies posted:

5 diamonds, 10 gold ingots, and 2 potions doesn't seem too terribly expensive given the description of it says it has a radius of 8 chunks. I'd take that all day.

Yeah I guess it isn't too bad, it just seemed like a lot because at the point I can make these I tend to make a whole bunch of them and distribute them amongst my fellow gamers. :)

Note that the potions are healing 2 and regen 2 so you need at least a bunch of ghast tirrz ;_;

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MikeJF posted:

My vanilla SMP island!

I don't like being "that guy" but what texture pack is this? It looks good.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

ToastyPotato posted:

As with most MC mods, I think there is a lot of merit in the idea of adding additional wildlife beyond simple reskins that doesn't need to go as overboard as Mo'Creatures does. Most MC mods start with solid concepts and then proceed to overdo everything to the point of being a mess.

If someone wants to give it a go (or wait until they've unified all the mob code stuff behind the scenes) then my first suggestion would be "please don't use the models in Mo'Creatures as inspiration". Everything looks so complex and out of place, especially with some of the skins being simple and others being overly-detailed. They made jellyfish with more shapes in their model than any of the standard Minecraft creatures. Jellyfish! You could literally make them using a single cube, and then they'd fit in perfectly.

People not knowing how to stick to an aesthetic drive me crazy.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Twilight Forest has all those Deers and Boars (reskins) etc. and they look pretty darn good.

e:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I feel like the deer's antlers there could have just been a single box, textured appropriately, rather than being that complex.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Most of them have stuff like that unfortunately, but

the boars

and the penguins

would fit the description i guess.

Regardless, there's a lot of stuff floating around that the MC devs should just grab and implement if you ask me.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I've played some don't starve recently, and though that game is kind of a pain in the rear end in some ways and has some fundamental gameplay differences that mean using mechanics inspired by it would take some work, I do really like how it handles mobs and their spawns, and especially how you can use how the mobs interact and with the devs or a modder would take some inspiration from it.

Snapshots look kind of interesting. I ultimately don't want minecraft to be a combat game but if it's going to have combat it should at least be playable.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Humans Among Us posted:

Yeah I guess it isn't too bad, it just seemed like a lot because at the point I can make these I tend to make a whole bunch of them and distribute them amongst my fellow gamers. :)

Note that the potions are healing 2 and regen 2 so you need at least a bunch of ghast tirrz ;_;

Acutally, it requires a fuckton more than that. You have to make the QED(special crafting box) and you have to make the special "ender flux crystals" to power it. THEN you can use the QED to craft the Magnum Torch.

And the QED itself requires a fuckton of resources to make, 4 diamonds, 20ish ender pearls, 2 blaze powder, and the flux crystal are also expensive: 2 ender pearls, 1 blaze powder, and 4 obsidian. And they use RF to power the crafting QED which supposedly requires alot of power.

I have no idea why the modder decided he needed another roadblock to stuff people actually wanted to use.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 21, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SugarAddict posted:

I have no idea why the modder decided he needed another roadblock to stuff people actually wanted to use.

Minecraft modders are stupid, it wasn't a conscious decision.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CJacobs posted:

I don't like being "that guy" but what texture pack is this? It looks good.

The first one is Lucid, which was my default for ages, and is a nice, mellow pack.

The second screenshot is Dandelion, which is a restricted palette texture pack and is goddamn spectacular, everyone should have it. Microsoft should licence it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MikeJF posted:

The first one is Lucid, which was my default for ages, and is a nice, mellow pack.

The second screenshot is Dandelion, which is a restricted palette texture pack and is goddamn spectacular, everyone should have it. Microsoft should licence it.

Thank you, they are both very good.